Author Topic: MSTie's "Can't Do That on TPiR" -- THE END  (Read 27786 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: MSTie's "Can't Do That on TPiR" -- SC 1
« Reply #135 on: July 29, 2006, 02:04:08 PM »
I stopped drinking last year, so I have absolutely no use for any of that wine.  Or that wine refrigerator.

I'll bid $40,000 even.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #136 on: July 29, 2006, 03:06:28 PM »
I want that showcase.  I love red wine.  I wish I entered in this game.  I'm really enjoying watching this show.  It's so funny.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2006, 12:20:05 PM »

$40,000 it is.

Tom, here is your showcase!

This showcase is designed to give you cancer. And it starts with you getting lung cancer by smoking these cigarettes!

From eSmokes.com, 50 cartons of Marlboro Full Flavor Kings. These rich, smooth cigarettes provide pure tobacco satisfaction.

Next, get skin cancer by spending too much time in this tanning bed!

Turn a deep, golden brown in this indoor tanning bed. Comes with 24 midday sun tanning lamps, adjustable gas spring lifts, and dial timer.

Or if you don't like enclosed spaces and would prefer some fresh air, lie directly under the sun on the deck of your new party boat!

An ElectraCraft 16CSI with tandem axle trailer. This fifteen-and-a-half-foot party boat seats nine adults and comes with a portable ice chest for refreshments.

And this showcase, which will cause you to die a premature, slow, painful death, can be yours if the price is right.

Well... there it is. Tom, what do you bid?
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: MSTie's "Can't Do That on TPiR" -- SC 2
« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2006, 12:33:38 PM »
I'm thinking low.  Like $15,000 low.

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2006, 06:01:40 PM »
That boat's in the 20s... I'll go $26,008

and if I win, make me a reservation at Dana Farber Institute in Boston.
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2006, 06:49:53 PM »

Who has bid better? The exciting results after this!
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #141 on: July 31, 2006, 07:11:26 PM »

Tom, we'll start with you. You bid $26,008 on your showcase. The actual retail price is...

$28,039, for a difference of...

$2,031. Not bad at all.

Fireball, you need to be closer than $2,031 to the price of your showcase in order to win it. As you'll recall, you bid $40,000 even on your showcase.

The actual retail price of your showcase is...

Forty thousand... three ninety-three! You win with a difference of only $393!

What a bid!

Tom, who was going to beat that kind of bid? You didn't win your showcase, but you won lots of prizes in your pricing game and I hope you had fun.

Fireball, you did it! You're taking home $50,678 in prizes today! Congratulations, and thank you for playing!

This is MSTieScott reminding you to help control the pet population -- have your pets spayed or neutered. Good-bye, everybody!

(As the credits roll, Scott encourages Fireball to get in the seat of the excavator. He then runs out of the studio.)

--------------------

WINNINGS:

BRB_TheFireball -- $50,678
BuddyTom -- $25,474
Alfonzo -- $12,938
Pathfinder2119 -- $6,942
sideshowPA -- $5,111
LiteBulb88 -- $599
JasonA1 -- $350
Mr. Matté -- $350
Futuregsh -- $350
Jordan7 -- $100 (door prize determined through random draw)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: MSTie's "Can't Do That on TPiR" -- THE END
« Reply #142 on: July 31, 2006, 07:40:59 PM »
Wow!  My best showcase bid ever in a PA game!  :-D

Great show as always, Scott!  (Admittedly, after seeing that first IUFB, I thought to myself, "What did I just get myself into?"  :-P )
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #143 on: July 31, 2006, 08:12:12 PM »
Great, great show.  Nice job scott.....{{{poke}}}
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #144 on: July 31, 2006, 08:54:48 PM »
Congratulations Fireball! What a bid! I was pretty sure on the boat and the smokes, but how the heck much is a tanning bed? At least I didn't Willy. :-D

Great show, Scott. And great fun!
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #145 on: July 31, 2006, 10:46:49 PM »
AWESOME show, Scott!  I don't visit Play Along very often, but I've been dropping by a couple times a day for the last few weeks to check on this thread.  This is easily the funniest show I've ever seen, or at least the funniest one that was actually trying to be funny (as opposed to being funny because of how badly the host bungled it).

And for what it's worth, my audition that I never posted (because I always forget about these things):  "It's not worth risking your own life, too, Scott!  You'll never reach him before he passes 25!"
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.