Author Topic: MSTie's "Can't Do That on TPiR" -- THE END  (Read 27815 times)

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
Re: MSTie's "Can't Do That on TPiR" -- IUFB 1
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2006, 11:41:31 AM »
And the actual price of all of that stuff is... $778! sideshowPA, you're our first winner!

Sideshow, you've already won the video games and posters. Now you have a chance to win these:

A supply of chemicals and new airplane brakes!

From Quality Biological, 100 liters of methylene chloride Baker Analyzed ACE reagent. Overexposure may result in a variety of adverse health effects, including liver damage.

And from Rapco, manufacturer of quality replacement aircraft parts, aircraft brakes for a Citation 500 with linings that exceed the original equipment manufacturer's performance standards.

Take a look at the prices on those prizes:

The chemicals have a price of $1,024. And those airplane brakes have a price of $1,209. But those are both bargain prices. You tell me which price is the bigger bargain -- which one is more below the actual retail price -- and we will give you both of those prizes! Which prize is it?
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: MSTie's "Can't Do That on TPiR" -- IUFB 1
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2006, 11:43:04 AM »
Now that's a freakin' random chemical if I ever heard of one :-).

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: MSTie's "Can't Do That on TPiR" -- PG 1
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2006, 12:53:19 PM »
Awesome!  I just ran out of methylene chloride and need more badly!  But I gotta go with the brakes.  

By the way, I sense a FRWS coming soon (friggin' random widgit showcase).
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2006, 01:02:19 PM »
Sideshow, if you win this, remind me to go nowhere near your house :-).

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2006, 01:51:45 PM »
You've chosen the brakes, so we'll start with the chemicals. Bargain price: $1,024. Actual retail price:

$1,824, for a difference of:

$800.

On to the airplane brakes. Bargain price: $1,209. Actual retail price:

$2,509! For a difference of:

$1,300! Those prizes are all yours!

More prizes and more winning after this!
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2006, 01:55:58 PM »
Woo Hoo!  A cup of chemicals for everybody!
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2006, 02:00:42 PM »
We've set the pace; let's keep up the winning! Who is our next contestant?

It's Pathfinder2119! Come on down! You're the next contestant on "The Price is Right"!

Welcome. Your Krispy Kreme caption is funnier than you realize -- you should see how people react to Krispy Kremes in that studio.

Now, here is the next item up for bids!

A deadly crossbow.

The lightweight Revolution XS crossbow features foam grips, a high energy wheel, and Veloci-Speed Cable Assembly. It shoots an arrow over 340 feet per second. Comes with four arrows and reticle scope.

Pathfinder, you get the first bid.

(Bidding order: [color=0000FF]Pathfinder2119[/color], [color=FF9900]JasonA1[/color], [color=009900]BuddyTom[/color], [color=FF0000]LiteBulb88[/color])

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
Re: MSTie's "Can't Do That on TPiR" -- IUFB 2
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2006, 06:49:04 PM »
$500!

Offline JasonA1

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2006, 10:59:24 PM »

-Jason

Offline Garvin8r

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2006, 12:04:06 AM »
So, if this is "Can't Do That on TPIR," do I still get slimed for saying "I don't know?"

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2006, 03:01:42 AM »
$660!
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2006, 09:20:13 AM »
$661.

Offline lucyrickyalex

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2006, 12:41:49 PM »
Garvin8r wrote:
So, if this is "Can't Do That on TPIR," do I still get slimed for saying "I don't know?"

I don't know.  *moves to next seat over to avoid slime*
"But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."
-Conan O'Brien

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2006, 12:21:53 PM »
CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG CLANG

Whoa! I wasn't expecting that sound to show up in this episode! One of you has bid perfectly, and for doing so, will receive a $500 bonus!

The money and the crossbow go to the contestant who bid... $660! BuddyTom, it's yours!

You gave that bid with such conviction. Have you seen that crossbow on this... on another show before? Or are you an expert when it comes to weapons and I should really, really hope that you win your pricing game?

At any rate, this is a fine time to be up on stage. Because you could win this:

A new surrey!

From Great Northern Livery Company, an auto-top surrey. Comes with standard equipment, including channel and rubber wheels, 36-inch seats with vinyl upholstery, and driver-body entry steps. Plus eight-inch hydraulic brake system, front and back foot rests, and rear safety lights.

And from Equine.com, two-year-old and three-year-old gelding Quarter Horses. Both are registered with the AQHA and the three-year-old is a sire of Skys Blue Boy, a two-time Congress champion.

But that's not all you can win. You can also win these:

This advanced owl pellet dissection kit comes with 15 owl pellets and educational paperwork for 30 students.

This stainless steel travel mug features translucent padding and the logo of the hit ABC series "The View."

A five-pack of disposable men's briefs made of 100% cotton. Wear them once and throw them away. Perfect for traveling.

And this computer software allows you to secretly record all activity on someone else's computer without their knowledge.

You can win all of that playing Switcheroo.

As you can see, we have the prices of each of those prizes on the board here. However, one number is missing from each price. Those missing numbers are on these blocks. Just place the correct blocks in the correct prices, and you'll win!

No 30-second clock, of course, just the standard 24-hour time limit. Go to it!

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: MSTie's "Can't Do That on TPiR" -- PG 2
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2006, 12:39:17 PM »
I thought that was called a buggy.

So if we have owl pellets, will they make owls if we toss them in water? :3