Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR MDS 02/22/2008  (Read 80681 times)

Offline aa2507

• In Contestant's Row
  • Bob and Check Game from June 13, 2007
    • Alex's Youtube
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR MDS 02/22/2008
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2008, 01:14:45 AM »
Amazing, I was so lucky to just see that part at a friend's house. I didn't record that beautiful moment when he won it all. Best TPiR moment EVER!. Re-edit the best moments in TPIR history DVD that is coming out soon and add this to the collection...
Welcome to my Jungle
http://www.myspace.com/aa2507
Who's NEXT! POKER or JOKER!

Offline DrLove0378

• In the Audience
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2008, 02:43:20 AM »
This was the best episode ever -- which I missed because I was getting operated on!  Thank God it got posted on AOL Video................

Thanks to our new MDS rules, we now have higher theoretical totals...  theoretically, someone could have won $2,217,301 this episode.

The rundown:

Item up for bid: Rolex Men's Watch ($3800)
Cash/Perfect Bid ($1000)
Ford Explorer XLT ($27,592)
First Try Bonus in "One Away" ($1,000,000)
Cash/Big Wheel ($55,000)
Showcase 1 ($45,554)
Showcase 2 ($84,355)
Double Showcase Win Bonus ($1,000,000)

Still, Adam's performace was nothing short of AMAZING.  I would have loved to see the entire audience rush the stage for the occasion, though, to make this one of the most explosive moments in television history!  Back in the day, on Pyramid and Name That Tune, they'd rush the stage for a measly $100,000.  Now that's something worth thinking about.  ;)

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2008, 02:53:32 PM »

The handheld camera did nothing for me at all.  I think the jib is quite enough in terms of unusual camera moves and angles.  The handheld gives the impression of going a bit overboard.

Did anyone else notice something strange about the confetti at the opening?  It seemed like there was a partial key of confetti over the shot, because some pieces of confetti never moved left or right when the jib camera did.  It's as if the confetti gun didn't provide quite enough of an effect so they "sweetened" the video a bit. 
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline car912

• In the Audience
    • PriceIsRight.com - me
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2008, 02:57:54 PM »
...Did anyone else notice something strange about the confetti at the opening?

I noticed that too.  It was weird that the confetti was moving "with" the camera and not "with" the audience like it should have if it was real.  Then there was a single awkward piece of confetti when they cut to Drew.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008, 03:04:51 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2008, 03:01:19 PM »
It's as if the confetti gun didn't provide quite enough of an effect so they "sweetened" the video a bit. 

You're exactly right - there wasn't actually that much confetti fired off in the opening of the show.

Offline Trivia Trap

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Thinks Hes Seen Finish Line
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2008, 03:03:48 PM »
As soon as i saw that, i was like "thats fake confetti", but then i was slightly confused because i saw actual confetti on the floor. Drew was a bit sick as well, if you could notice. They really detailed everything well too. I still have SD for another four months or so, but I could tell that it was better than the daytime ones. It would have been cool, IMO, if they had the spotlight things on the doors like in the nighttime from 1986.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2008, 06:19:27 PM »
Drew was a bit sick as well, if you could notice.

Yes...Drew was still recovering from the case of strep throat that forced tapings to be canceled the week before.  That will be noticeable throughout the MDS's.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2008, 06:47:46 PM »
I was amazed when Drew read the ARP for Adam's Showcase and it turned out to be $880 away. Tgis would definatly make TV history. Great show. Love to see another one like that.

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2008, 07:18:46 PM »
I noticed that too.  It was weird that the confetti was moving "with" the camera and not "with" the audience like it should have if it was real.  Then there was a single awkward piece of confetti when they cut to Drew.

Thank you!  That yellow confetti that was floating when they cut to Drew looked fake to me the first time I watched it, second time, third time, etc... 

Offline GedAlexNeil30

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #129 on: February 29, 2008, 12:12:08 PM »
I just finally saw it! (Was out of town for a week, but saved it on my DVR) OH MY GOD!  I thought he was going to faint or have a heart attack!

If I was Adam, at this point, I'd give every student in the class at least $1000 towards college as a token.  He's got it now.

Offline therealdeal

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #130 on: February 29, 2008, 03:48:51 PM »

Well, I finally got a chance to cap the episode.  I was watching it with one of my friends on HD, FREAKING AMAZING!!!  Can't wait until the one later today.  Put in the new doors and Goodson-Todman marks... and of course the black floor.  Enjoy!

Un-Lucky 7: Funny story, I guessed that it was going to be Lucky 7 to my buddy and I guessed all 4 numbers right.  He thought I already watched the show, which I didn't, but it gets even better on the next game.  Great clutch guess and won a Corvette!!!

Pl!nko!: Again, I guessed it and my bud started to get irritated, because he really did not believe me.  "Ruining the fun."  Oh well, my guessing got increadibly worse after this game.  Too bad not a lot of money.  Cash is cash.

$1 Million Away: Only 3 horns... too bad.  My buddy got the numbers right on the second try.  I however, did not.

$ _ _ 9 (err... or 8.): Was playing like a pro, but got nervous... glad Drew stopped her.  Came back and got'r done.

Move it and Lose it: That's what I guessed, nicely done.  More cars out the door.

$20 Grand Game: Adam, your the man... perfect playing.

Showcase: WOW... Great reaction by Drew, He knew he just gave away a Million and it kinda sounded like he was going to say "your over by $3" ... but Adam goes down in history.  Life changing episode for Adam. Congrats!

Reaction shot of the Day: Hands down, Adam... in both Grand Game and Showcase!
Overall: $1 million Drew Dollars/100. = A+
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 03:50:23 PM by therealdeal »

Offline price_37

• In the Audience
« Reply #131 on: November 16, 2008, 08:37:48 PM »
(talks like Jeff Foxworthy from Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader) HOW ABOUT THAT?! WE HAVE OUR FIRST MILLION DOLLAR WINNER!

This episode of the Million Dollar Spectacular made history as Adam Rose became The Price is Right's first million dollar winner!
The title card for the 7th season on Who Wants to be a Millionaire
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/wiiplayer9isback