Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR MDS 02/22/2008  (Read 80592 times)

Offline mlh1981

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR MDS 02/22/2008
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 09:56:21 PM »
does Adam have a gr.net account?  Someone should get him aboard!  The look on his face was absolutely AMAZING!

The greatest PIR episode I have ever seen.  What a day in game show history!

Offline stormy41992

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I'll Miss You Bob!
    • TV & Game Shows
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 09:57:07 PM »
does Adam have a gr.net account?  Someone should get him aboard!  The look on his face was absolutely AMAZING!

if you were in chat immediately after the show, you wouldve seen him. :)
STORMY'S STATS FOR HIS 2ND SEASON OF CSS: [Wins: 0] [Top 10/5 Finishes: 3/1] [DSWs: 0] [Overbids/WSDs: 0/0] [Lowest SC Difference: $857] [Games Played: 6] [Current No-OVER Streak: 6]
SCORE OF THE FIRST EVER "FRIENDLY" RIVALRY: Stormy41992 - 2////cu2010 - 2

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 09:59:07 PM »
For those of you who were not able to join us for our Primetime chat, keep a close eye on the site for one of our newest members with a Gold Star:  "BigWinAdam."

Welcome!  :)
John

Offline Enzo Aquarius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 10:01:47 PM »
That was GREAT talking to Adam right after the show. My family was speechless.  :lol:

This was an AMAZING SHOW that left me truly speechless! Congratulations again Adam, enjoy your million, vehicles, catamaran, Apple stuff and bathing suits! :-D
CSS 2008/2009 Note-Worthy Stats - 1 QSW - 5 DSW - 23 Top-5 Wins - Top One-Day Winnings: $204,648
CSS 2007/2008 Note-Worthy Stats - 9 DSW - 37 Top-5 Wins - 3 EXACTAS! - Top One-Day Winnings: $83,874. 

A Proud Member of Team GRRR!

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 10:04:12 PM »
I am totally speechless over tonight's show - it was so amazing!  Not only did I see Volty in the audience, we all witnessed history in the making!

Lucky 7: I almost thought she wouldn't get it, but that was a great comeback on the last number

The $1032.64 Borko (Plinko): He wuz robbed!

One Away: Never expected this to be the 1M-dollar game.  Very painful loss

John Sly (Clock) Game: Dolores was a fun contestant to watch, and it was a great win too

Push Over: Exactly what the name implies for this playing, a very easy win

Po10x2 Lite (Grand Game): Nicely played by Adam

SCs: Two great Showcases, two fantastic bids.  We all went berserk in chat when Adam won the million, it was amazing to watch.  Congrats again to you!

Fieldsy's Player of the Game: Adam, hands down
Fieldsy's Rating: So high, it's off the scale!  :-D
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline catdogwheel

• Double Showcase Winner
    • www.meijer.com
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2008, 10:06:17 PM »
OH MY FREAKIN' GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ladies and Gentlemen this will probably be on of THE most historic episodes ever in the history of The Price is Right! It's just been about an hour since the show has ended and I am still so excited and wound up! Congratulations Adam on becoming the biggest winner ever in the history of The Price is Right! I doubt you're reading this, but you were one of the best contestants ever. Spend your million dollars wisely!

Also congratulations to Drew as well. I'm sure most of you aren't thinking about it, but Drew gave away $1,000,000 on the first ever episode of Power of 10. Now he has set some sort of record I'm sure of giving away $1,000,000 on his first primetime episode for 2 different shows within his first year of becoming a game show host.  

And finally I wanted to give a nudge to Bart Eskander. I know a lot of us, including myself, bash his work as a director on The Price is Right. Well tonight he fought back at us. Truthfully I would not be surprised if he winds up getting a prime time emmy nomination for these episodes. Tonight he just did a spectacular job on almost all of the shots. That was even brilliant when they did a floor cam shot when our 6th contestant was coming on down just before the 3rd Item up for bids.

Oh and just out of curiosity, does anyone know if this will get posted on Innertube?

I'll say more as the recap is posted. And also thank you to everyone at the show for their hardwork and dedication to make these 6 episodes happen.  
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 10:09:18 PM by catdogwheel »
Now you can buy groceries by the case at www.meijer.com and Remember "The power of the price compels you!"

"Heal the world we live in, save it for our children" - Michael Jackson 1958-2009 Rest In Peace

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2008, 10:08:17 PM »
I can't believe the way Lucky Seven was won. Talk about stopping the Dob.

Clock Game was equally as amazing. What a recovery.

How about that? Drew's first MDS, and someone wins the show's namesake. Unbelievable. Congratulations, Adam!

HOTTIES: #174, Erika; #175, Tanya :-D
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Adam
SHOW GRADE: 4
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 09:38:57 PM by heelsrule1988 »

Offline phunguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No, Not THAT!?
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2008, 10:09:19 PM »
This show was the most expensive game show episode in CBS history. And did anyone notice that they used Swis 721 Bold on the Showcase fonts?

To BigWinAdam, we say "welcome", you earned the gold star spinny thingy...heck, you deserve two, no, THREE!  Maybe Steve Beverly at TVgameshows.net wants to have a word with you about your experience, once Uncle Sam and the state of California get done their bidness!  And congratulations to Erika on winning the first MILLION DOLLAR SPECTACULAR EVERLASTING DOBSTOPPERTM Award.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 12:14:06 AM by phunguy »
Creator of the EVERLASTING DOBSTOPPERTM Award as certified by Yahoo! search.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2008, 10:16:24 PM »
Yeah, um...I don't really have much to add.  And I was there.

When Erika hit the miracle 4 in Lucky Seven, the crowd absolutely exploded.  Louder than I've ever heard from the studio...possibly even louder than the million-dollar win.  I don't remember exactly, but regardless, both of them were just AMAZING.

My mom really, really liked Dolores.  Almost a dead ringer for her sister, I guess.  They really connected in line...and we would actually end up sitting directly in front of her at one of the later tapings!  Mom couldn't believe that.

As soon as the Cadillac is revealed I’m thinking $86,000, which I finger up to Adam once the showcase is over.  However, the audience started moaning and immediately I have a flashback to a previous MDS with the biggest primetime winner with the Cadillac Convertible in Lucky $even was only around $78,000, so I shave about $2,500 off my bid and finger up $83,500 instead.  It’s a good think we taught Adam about shaving showcase bids out in line, because he changed his bid to $83,475.
I may not have given away the million, but I'd like to take at least a little credit here.  I know I was one of the first ones to disagree with that bid...as soon as I saw Volt signal 86, I'm screaming LOWER VOLTAIRE LOWER!! because I thought the Cadillac was only about $76k.  I put the showcase at around $80,000, and was happy to see Adam change his bid.

In fact...at first, when they went to commercial, I thought they'd both overbid just slightly.  Then, I thought about it, and realized there was a good chance at least one was under.  And then...I saw the confetti launcher roll out and thought "did they really just give away a million dollars?"  I figured we had a DSW on our hands...but I had no idea which one of them had won it.  It was the exact opposite of Volt...he knew who had won, but had no idea of the million, while I knew someone had won a million, but no clue who!

And that split second between the 84- and the -355?  Most nerve-wracking moment ever.  In fact, since I could barely hear Drew, I looked up at the monitor and just stared at the display, muttering to myself "pleaseshowthreedigitspleaseshowthreedig itspleaseshowthreedigitspleaseshowOHMYG OD!".  There's really nothing else I can say, so I'll leave it at that for now.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Doughnut

• Walking the Golden Road
    • Crumbs from a Doughnut
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2008, 10:16:35 PM »
This was simply an awesome show to watch!  From Lucky Seven to Grand Game, and especially with the million-dollar-worthy DSW, I thoroughly enjoyed the entire hour!

I know I said this in the chat already (along with many others), but congrats, Adam!
Yes, I'm still around. :P

Offline RatGnawedCheez

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2008, 10:22:43 PM »
What a great episode.  Drew was in top form, the set looked amazing (and I was watching in SD), they raised the stakes in a tasteful manner, and most of all, hats off to the contestant coordinators!  This one's a real keeper!

Oh, and our girls were stunning in their bikinis!  :biggrin:

Offline mlh1981

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2008, 10:23:17 PM »
good recap, btw voltaire.  Any future shows in your itinerary?

Hope you become a contestant someday..........

I noticed the change in font as well

They ought to bring back that plinko shot that they used today into daytime episodes.............

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2008, 10:28:22 PM »
I missed L7, due to freakin' traffic on Highway 40, so and I got home during the GP in Plinko! But the rest of the show was AWESOME!

OneAway is the $1M game? Wasn't expecting that! So that means that a lot more games can be $1M game. Bascially, any game where you can get a OA style exacta. Cover Up comes to mind. Shell Game. Bonus Game. Line 'Em Up. Bullseye, to a certain extent. Hole in One for the GP part ...

And finally, I have to give my congratulations to Adam, a.k.a. BigWinAdam, for the biggest win in TPIR history. You were one of the most enthusiast contestant, and you truly deserve this.

Can't wait to see if next Friday will top this off!!

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2008, 10:31:56 PM »
Lucky Seven: Yay! Erika won the Corvette!  :-D I thought she was such a sweetheart.

Plinko: Tough luck with the chips here.

One Away: The $1M Game of the hour! Yeah, how often does a contestant get all five digits right on the first try?

SCSD #1: Yay! Erika won!

Clock Game: Great win here.

Push Over: I would have won this one.

Grand Game: Adam totally rocked playing this game!

SCSD #2: Adam continues his great excitement!

Showcases: "Could I look at the bikinis some more?"  :lol:

Results: Adam becomes the first-ever $1M winner in a thrilling showcase reveal! GREAT hour tonight! Hope the rest of the $1M specials are just as good as this one!

Offline Scott5114

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2008, 10:32:13 PM »
Did anyone notice what, if anything, the podium flashed as his total winnings? Holy -- oh man, words can't describe this show.

Grade: 679 out of 10