Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR MDS 02/22/2008  (Read 80557 times)

Offline phunguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No, Not THAT!?
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR MDS 02/22/2008
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2008, 10:34:55 PM »
Scotty, if you learned from the Golden Gallery photos, the MDS podiums can only hold six digits.
Creator of the EVERLASTING DOBSTOPPERTM Award as certified by Yahoo! search.

Offline Season36Fan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2008, 10:35:26 PM »
For those of you who were not able to join us for our Primetime chat, keep a close eye on the site for one of our newest members with a Gold Star:  "BigWinAdam."

Welcome!  :)

Welcome Adam!

I wish they could give you a special kind of spinning star for that win!  Congrats and enjoy your bounty!

** The above comment is intended only as a statement of congratulations, not as an affront to the wisdom of the admin staff.  I wish i was lucky enough to have even a regular old spinning star.  Maybe one day!   :-)
Let's all take a deep breath.
Wise words.

Offline Scott5114

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2008, 10:42:47 PM »
I know, that's why I asked...but I was too excited to look and see if the podiums were doing anything special. Did they stay on the diff, or did they just go blank, or say something like "$1.2M" or what?

Offline Illuminations

• In the Audience
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2008, 10:45:21 PM »
The podiums only showed the winnings minus the million dollars.

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2008, 10:45:56 PM »
I know, that's why I asked...but I was too excited to look and see if the podiums were doing anything special. Did they stay on the diff, or did they just go blank, or say something like "$1.2M" or what?

I briefly saw it. They just flashed "$15XXXX", instead of the "$1,15X,XXX" he won. Depending on the way you wanna look at it, either they only showed his winnings, without the $1M bonus, or they flashed his total, but didn't have room for the million digit.

Offline Illuminations

• In the Audience
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2008, 10:46:56 PM »
Beat ya to it Frankie.   :P

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2008, 10:52:10 PM »
By a mere 30 seconds! Me and my habit of always using so many words for nothing! ;) lol
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:40:41 AM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline MasterKeyFan

• In the Audience
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2008, 11:04:07 PM »
VERY Lucky Seven: What a great and lucky way to begin the show!

Plinko: Derm duh derm duh, eeeerrrrwww

One Away: Like everyone else, wasn't expecting this to be the million dollar game.

Clock Game: I haven't seen this game played in a MDS, so I thought that the items were going to be more expensive

Pushover: I think they really enjoy having Pushover being played for cars now.

Grand Game: Great Game!

Offline spellingbeej

• In the Audience
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2008, 11:09:00 PM »
Unbelieveable!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I wish I could see it in HD.

Lucky 7:  BAM!  I didn't think it was a four, but she got it!  I couldn't believe it was a $60K car!

Plinko!!!!!!!:  Good play on the SP, but it's all in how the chip falls.

One Away:   Great $1,000,000 reveal!   I hated Bronson didn't get it or the car, though.  Given the circumstances, it had to be hair pulling.  I would want to at least to talk to someone while that work on the game was happening.  I'd be pulling hair out and have no fingernails left.

Clock Game:  The TV packages on these spectaculars ruined the result for me, but seeing the game as a whole was still worth it. I was worried for Dolores for a second, though.  She was celebrating, but she looked to be kind of in pain, too.

Push Over:  Can the game say any more on this one?  It seemingly was a push over.

Grand Game:  Adam, nice job man!  It was a well played Grand Game and I love to see people like him win on the show.  Dare I say, this may be a defining game for Drew, especially since Drew got a "my daughter loves you."

Showcase Showdowns:  I'm surprised that they went lower with the $$$ values on the wheel.  I think it's good this way.  I'd rather have the big money values in game play than on the wheel.   Besides, imagine being on the receiving end of a false reveal for a million bucks??

Showcases:  Something told me Adam won we he shaved his showcase bid.  Though, I was uncertain because I felt he had competition.  Hats off to Adam...and hats off to Erika, too.  She was a great contestant as well.

This was an amazing MDS.  I'm glad I'm gonna be taping all in the series.   The new setup makes it more exciting.  Great job Drew AND Dob!

Offline Mr. Matté

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2008, 11:18:47 PM »
Well, pretty much everyone summarized what my thoughts on what tonight's show were like.

A big congratulations in advance to "BigWin" Adam on that wonderful win (and thanks to Voltron for the Trip Report)!  You truly earned the big win!

I don't like how it's now in HD; I don't have an HDTV set.  :P

When Tanya was coming on down (before IUFB #5?), did anyone else besides me think that older gentleman that could be seen looked like "Ezekial?"  ;-)
So long!

Offline phunguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No, Not THAT!?
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2008, 11:20:48 PM »
And I have to feel sorry about the one person in the FFBC Bobeck wing.  If you think she be mean in the daytime, nighttime's even worse...and in HD, too!!!

"Welcome to the FFBC, pig!"
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 11:34:13 PM by phunguy »
Creator of the EVERLASTING DOBSTOPPERTM Award as certified by Yahoo! search.

Offline AndyL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • Andy's MovieZone
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2008, 11:22:17 PM »
Only one way to describe tonight's episode:  THRILLING!  Adam, wow!  I was completely on your side from the moment you talked about the great work you do with those kids, and it really shows how much you care.  I totally blew my CSS bids, but as I said in chat, I don't care, I got to witness history and share the moment with a great group of people.  Adam, welcome to g-r.net, and be ready to tell your story over and over again, especially to the kids you work with:-).
"Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Don't you step on its skin
  Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Womble up de rubbish and put it in de bin!"

Offline Enzo Aquarius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2008, 11:31:12 PM »
Oh, and who can forget this...

Nice suit Drew!  :-D
CSS 2008/2009 Note-Worthy Stats - 1 QSW - 5 DSW - 23 Top-5 Wins - Top One-Day Winnings: $204,648
CSS 2007/2008 Note-Worthy Stats - 9 DSW - 37 Top-5 Wins - 3 EXACTAS! - Top One-Day Winnings: $83,874. 

A Proud Member of Team GRRR!

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2008, 11:36:02 PM »
Quote from: PaladinTornado
I actually liked the set.  I thought the black floor would be weird, but it was actually not too bad.  Wish I had HD so I could have seen it that way!  Maybe the Innertube feed will be in 16:9.

The set looked fantastic in Hi-Def!  The details were amazing, and the widescreen shots really showed the studio in a way I had never seen before.  I loved the shag carpet on the turntable!  (Don't ask my why - I just did!)  The wheel looked sharp, too!  The details were amazing!

I loved the reveal for Grand Game!  "I'll let the audience tell you!"  That "reverse build-up, did you win" was pretty slick!

And the wheel looked like it had been greased!  It spun more freely than I had ever noticed before.

Erika really had a good bid on her showcase!  It was too bad that it wasn't good enough.

Oh yeah, that was a pretty okay bid by Adam, too!

Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2008, 11:38:18 PM »
Oh, I remember what I was going to ask earlier...

...Adam, what exactly are you going to do with, what was it, eight iPods or something?  :D
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy