Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR MDS 02/22/2008  (Read 80923 times)

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR MDS 02/22/2008
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2008, 11:47:24 PM »
Oh, I remember what I was going to ask earlier...

...Adam, what exactly are you going to do with, what was it, eight iPods or something?  :D

While we're on that subject, if you happen to not need one of those MacBooks, let me know. :P

Seriously, Adam, great job!!! I thought you were a little over at first, but what do I know? I always underbid.

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2008, 11:50:12 PM »
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
...Adam, what exactly are you going to do with, what was it, eight iPods or something?  :D

Give a couple to you and Voltaire for excellent bid advice??
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2008, 11:52:50 PM »
Oh, I remember what I was going to ask earlier...

3 iPods, 3 iPod nanos, and 3 iPhones, to be exact... well I think that's exact. Little lady would get mad at me if I went back and looked at the footage (so I can't verify that, because I don't want to get yelled at for my Price obsession)...  :-(
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 12:02:32 AM by mrbrown2195 »
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline Trivia Trap

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Thinks Hes Seen Finish Line
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2008, 11:54:50 PM »
Quite possibly the best episode of the Price is Right ever. Might not have been the greatest in terms of cool games or anything outside of the box, but PiR put its good clothes on and showed us how it's done. Props for no commercial break between games in places too. Not a fan of the different theme stuff in the beginning however.

Wait, the guy from the post above me is the guy who won it all?

Offline car912

• In the Audience
    • PriceIsRight.com - me
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2008, 11:55:28 PM »
Congratulations to Adam for that great win, and welcome to this site!  Definitely a great episode to start off this run of MDSs.

Also, for posterity: the regular old-fashioned non-HDTV analog transmission appeared to be the HD 16:9 version with the sides cut off so that it was still the full 4:3 ratio.

MOD NOTE: - This is called "center framing", and it's a common practice for obvious reasons. - JC
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:43:45 AM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2008, 12:01:38 AM »
Wait, the guy from the post above me is the guy who won it all?

Hahah! I wish I had a million dollars right now, but no that's BigWinAdam.

(Besides, why would I have to go back to the footage to see what I had won??)
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2008, 12:07:39 AM »
Huh. Not a bad episode.

My congrats to Adam. I mean, I wouldn't complain about the $20,000, but once you get a million, I'm sure that the $20,000 is just sort of forgotten.  :P

Everything else has pretty much been said...Looking forward to next week's show. (Not sure they can afford to do that again, but what's more fun than breaking the budget?  :P)

Offline backbiter

• In the Audience
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2008, 12:17:46 AM »
So, Adam won the showcase? He won it all? I wouldn't know on account of I passed out from lack of blood to the brain from Rachel in a bikini. I just now came out of it.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2008, 12:19:42 AM »
This was a great MDS!

Lucky Seven: That was definitely set up for the all 5's crowd.  When Erica picked 4, I feared the worst.  She got it exactly right!!!  Major props for her!

Plinko: Wow, the SPs were a breeze, the chips...well, a different story.  Only $1600.

One Away: I had a feeling this was the $1 Million game and I was right!  It's a shame Bronson didn't get it.  Also a shame that Bronson changed the wrong 7 on his second try!!!  Tough break!

Clock Game: Dolores played decently---getting both prizes.

Push Over: It was pretty easy $21K was screaming PICK ME!!!

Grand Game: This looked like a medium/difficult setup for me.  It was a tossup between the ointment and the Midol.  I lost, Adam won!!!  Congrats Adam!

Showcases: Two excellent bids!!!  Adam, I thought you went over, but your bid was splendid!  Congrats on winning both showcases and $1,020,000!

Offline woohookitty

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2008, 12:21:36 AM »
It was a good MDS. Next time CBS. Please. Don't spoil it. I rewatched the show from this AM. And it's very clear that they gave away the million dollars. Drew almost said the contestant's name for crying out loud.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2008, 12:25:15 AM »
That's what I thought at first...then I realized that's only a spoiler if you know what you're looking for, really.  I probably would have missed it on a casual viewing if I hadn't already known the outcome.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline logikreader

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2008, 12:26:34 AM »
Are... you kidding?

YES!!!!!

I alluded to it in another thread, but on yesterday's and today's daytime episode, our local affiliate (same one BigWinAdam watches) flashed this little message during the whole show.

"Watch Adam Rose from Los Osos compete on the Price is Right Friday at 8pm on KCOY 12"

I'm like "wow, that's cool, there's a guy on from near my town."  That should be fun... hope he gets out of contestants row.

DID HE EVER GET OUT OF CONTESTANTS ROW!

Holy smokes!  I mean I thought maybe Adam would be able to win a pricing game or something, but nothing like this!  No wonder KCOY was all over this. 

Welp, time to review the rest of the show...

First of all, as great as it was for KCOY to promote Adam, I have to give a major THUMBS DOWN to their network operations dept for not showing any part of the show in HD.  With my spiffy Panasonic TV, I missed out on all the detail. 

Having said that, I loved how (dang forgot her name already) won Lucky Seven for a corvette, and even better that she'll donate the sale proceeds to help out Adam's brother.  How cool is that?

I had a lot of fun with the usual PG suspects on the show.  Perhaps the biggest disappointment was Plinko, but that couldn't really be helped.  How about the way the lady from Oklahoma (again I'm sorry for forgetting names, I'm still mezmerized) recovered to win Clock Game?  I'm very proud of her for gaining her composure to win, and I'm glad Drew was able to calm her down.  Well Done.

The Bikini Showcase.  Oh baby, most human males probably enjoyed that.  Welp, we know ADAM did, hahahahahahahaha.

This was such a great night, and such a great show.  Not much else to say.  Adam if you're reading this, I live in Santa Barbara, and I hope to run into you any time I travel up the coast.  You sound like quite the humanitarian, and I couldn't be happier for you.

If Bob Barker was watching, I am sure he'd have a huge smile on his face right now....

Offline phunguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No, Not THAT!?
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2008, 12:29:27 AM »
And many of us would be pretty sure if Bill Cullen, Merv Griffin, Doug Davidson, Dennis James or even Tom Kennedy were watching, they'd be smiling.
Creator of the EVERLASTING DOBSTOPPERTM Award as certified by Yahoo! search.

Offline logikreader

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2008, 12:29:57 AM »
Hey, and let's give some propers to Voltron!!  Way to go buddy, your advice was a big factor in helping Adam out.  I certainly hope similar luck comes your way, like in Fantasy Football. 

Quote by myself
even better that she'll donate the sale proceeds to help out Adam's brother.  How cool is that?

Ok this is going to sound ridiculous, but Adam just won a million dollars.  Will she still go through with that?

SUPER EDIT:  I really am delirious from it all.  She's actually donating the corvette proceeds to help her own brother, not Adam's brother.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 12:37:13 AM by logikreader »

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2008, 12:35:29 AM »
HOLY!!!
HOLY!!!

This of course equates to pure awesomenewss.  We all know those xlr's to be in the 70's.  I was sure hoping he'd add enough to win it all
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:46:20 AM by Joe_Capitano »
BigJon's TPIR will live on - CSS Host - 2nd Season; CSS Statistician 3rd Season