Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR MDS 02/22/2008  (Read 81011 times)

Offline RenoCub

• Outside in Line
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR MDS 02/22/2008
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2008, 12:58:34 AM »
I have to say, watching the show in HD REALLY makes a difference!  Bart did a GREAT job on the camera shots!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:46:42 AM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline TPIRCOUSIN

• 6/27/2006
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2008, 01:01:36 AM »
That was a beautiful episode!  Lucky Seven was a winner, Grand Game, and Pushover...I'm also got teary-eyed watching Adam win all that loot.  I give the show an 'A' for awesome!

Offline Johnnya2k4

• Walking the Golden Road
    • The AllenBlog
« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2008, 01:05:20 AM »
I just finished watching it, and the $1,153,908 is now...

A NEW PRICE IS RIGHT WORLD RECORD, ECLIPSING THE $664,667 MEGA SHOWCASE WIN ON THE AUSTRALIAN VERSION!!!!!!

Jonathan Allen

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2008, 01:08:47 AM »
Congratulations Adam on your absolutely huge win!  You deserve every penny of it!  I wasn't that surprised both players were as close as they were, but I was definitely shocked about the million dollar win!  I think Drew could have revealed the difference a little better, but he did an excellent job revealing that the million was won.

I liked all of the set changes except for the new turntable and big doors patterns.  They just don't work for me that much but they're not all that bad.  I do like the lights around the logo on the doors and the big silver dollar sign on the turntable though.

I like what they did for the million dollar game.  It was a good idea to do it by having a One Away win with all 5 numbers on the first try since that is not an easy thing to do but it can be done and it's always exciting to see it done.  

I couldn't believe Lucky $even was won!  I thought there would be no way she'd be right with 4 as the last number.  But man was that awesome!

Offline Corbinq27

• In Contestant's Row
  • Coming soon to my website...
    • Corbin's World
« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2008, 01:15:10 AM »
And to think I almost missed watching tonight!

Adam, wow man, you are amazing.  And to think you had said $86,000 initially...

And that Lucky $even win!  I *ALMOST* think it was the best moment of the show.  Then the showcase came around. 

If this doesn't secure The Price is Right as best game show ever, I'm not sure what will!!!!

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2008, 01:22:30 AM »
This is one of those posts where I wish I had my own personal automatic profanity filter. My language has been flavored with more than a few colorful metaphors since this episode aired here in the LA area....

Truly Lucky $even: It's prime time. It's big. It's got to be an all-fives setup. It was, even though it had to be more than a little suspenful. Great win on a great car, and a great way to kick off The Drew Is Right in primetime!

Plinko: Ooof. Ouch. Ow. $100,000 on the line, and the contestants win a mere $1,600. Sorry, but this is why this game does not get my blood pumping - especially in prime time.

One (plus 1,000,000) Away: Unfortunately, when I saw that the contestant guessed two 7's in the price, I knew history was not going to happen here. At that point, I was just hoping they'd make the right calls on their second turn and win that Explorer.

Sadly, that didn't happen, either.

Clock Game: Fairly well played, up until the point Delores got rattled near the end. I am glad Drew stopped the clock, calmed her down, and resumed. Win or lose (thank goodness she did win), that was the right call.

Push Over: 98% of the Pontiacs on this show end in 1. 98% of the Pontiacs on this show end in 1. You listened. You won! Yes!

Grand Game: The pasta sauce and salsa were gimmes. I was 99% sure on the Akla-Seltzer. Of the remaining three, that oitment seemed like the best bet. I knew the calcium was over $7.00, and was 99% sure the Midol was as well.

Great choice. Great win. Good to see the second half go better than the first one did.

Showcases: I have to say I am a bit shocked we didn't see bigger Showcases for the first MDS. Then again, I think I know someone out there who isn't too bothered by that right now.

Showcase #1: I was thinking about $4,000 for the computers, $4,000 for the TV and $27,000 for the SUV, giving me a bid of $35,000 or so. I thought Erica's bid of $42,700 was way over.

Showcase #2: Let's see.. $500-600 or so for the swimwear that Adam loved so much. $4,395 for that catamaran (yes, I recognized it :P). $75,000 or so for the Caddy. I was thinking about $80,000 for his Showcase. $83,475?!

Oh no... No. Don't tell me we kicked this off with a dreaded DOB! At this point, I wasn't worried about $1,000,000. I was hoping we'd see someone win a Showcase.

When Drew led off with Erica, and revealed her Showcase to be $45,554, leading her only $2,854 away, the first thing I thought was "Thank goodness. No shutout."

My second thought? "They revealed her first, and she was only $2,800 away? That means... No. No. No way. No $#&@ing way. Nuh uh."

We get to Adam. Adam, you wanted that million, huh?

"Actual retail price.. $84,355."

Me, at home: "Hmmm.. Let's see. $83,475 from $84,355 equals $8..... OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. HOLY ^%^*ING SSSSSSSHHHHHH.......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Let's just Adam wasn't the only one who fell to the ground at that point. HOLY COW!

I was in such a state of shock that I didn't even recognize a familiar face congratulating Adam after the Showcase Heard 'Round The World. Hi Voltron!

(Speaking of familiar faces, anyone else notice a brief shot of Jaimalus Maximus during that promo for the daytime show tonight? Hehe...)

Unbelievable. Incredible. From the reveal, to Adam's reaction, to the shower of confetti, what a truly priceless moment.

I only regret two things about it:

1. I wasn't there for it.

2. We didn't get the chance to see Bob do this. No disrespect to Drew, but I wish we had gotten the chance to see Bob reveal a $1,000,000 Showcase too before riding off into the sunset.

Congratulations, Adam! Like many others here, I think you deserve your very own star for this! :)

To think I almost came into the chat tonight. I'm glad I didn't, though I would love to see everyone's reactions to this (darned West Coast wait). John, if you can, PLEASE save this chat and make it available? You'd be eternally in my debt!

What a show!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 02:39:20 AM by Madonna »
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline OCSO407

• In Contestant's Row
  • "I boogie to the Bean Stalker..."
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2008, 02:29:57 AM »
Let's see... how can I describe more than what everyone else had said...

First it was... $83,475?? (yeah, here's an OVER)... then... "a difference of... $880..."

8-O...  :biggrin:... Yeah, Madonna, I have to edit mine, too... HOLY &#@*!!!! (I think I repeated it about 9 times as the confetti flew, while my jaw stayed wide open...)

An absolute FANTASTIC SHOW... Congratulations to Adam, Drew, Dob, Fremantle and EVERYONE who was there to witness WORLD history in the making!!

BTW... Erika... I will drive through Ithaca just to see you in your Corvette... three cheers from a LFaT from western New York!! (Ithaca is only 50 miles from me)
"I boogie to the Bean Stalker..."

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2008, 03:17:26 AM »
Well I would have gone $60000-$62000 on that car, which shows you what I know!!!

Everyone I am in tears of joy an in awe of Adam's EARTH SHATTERING WIN!!!  This is not only one of TPIR's greatest moments, but one of the greatest moments in game show history!!!  Adam, we are so proud of your efforts, sincerity, and compassion for your kids and for your years of loyalty to Price!  This episode goes beyond words!  Put this is a time capsule for future generations, because this was simple jaw-dropping!  Thank you Adam, Thank you!!!

Oh as a side note to this quote above:

As #3 in line, I’m in the first group of interviews.  Adam is up first and says he’s been out in line for 18 hours, and then Diane is next but she has declared herself ineligible - Stan made a remark: “So you don’t want a free car today?”

What's up with the "free car?"  How does that work?

Joe

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2008, 03:18:33 AM »
It's called sarcasm.

Offline Mr.G.Man

• Outside in Line
« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2008, 03:27:03 AM »
Hi there everyone, just wanted to say quickly that I'm new here and glad to be part of a site dedicated to the best game show in the world, The Price Is Right!  I look forward to sharing my thoughts and opinions on the show with all you fine people out there!

Major jaw-droppage and WOW! for Adam's INCREDIBLE performance on tonight's episode!!  When I heard Drew announce the ARP, my jaw was on the floor at once, and I swear I could feel my heart slamming against my ribs, I was/still am in shock, just WOW is all I can say.

Major Major Congratulations Adam!

Offline Netstryke

• In the Audience
« Reply #70 on: February 23, 2008, 03:37:19 AM »
I can't Believe we we're all a part of history tonight!

I just got home and saw the whole thing got to the showcases and when Drew said Adam's ARP, I yelled  :dsw: :dsw:   1M$:dsw:

I think it safe to say that everybody lost it at that moment and I think i got an idea for a new smilie.
                                                  1M$:dsw: <----for your consideration

What a night!!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 03:45:39 AM by Joe_Capitano »
It's all fun and games 'till you hear the losing horns.

Offline amnewsboy

• Outside in Line
    • Palabra Jot
« Reply #71 on: February 23, 2008, 04:19:06 AM »
Holy crap!  Congrats, Adam!

Something that I hadn't seen brought up... did anybody else notice the "stage-level come on down" shot?  I'm... not sure how I feel about it -- part of me wants to like it, but part of me's not sure if it quite worked the way it was supposed to.

Offline Mr.G.Man

• Outside in Line
« Reply #72 on: February 23, 2008, 04:29:50 AM »
did anybody else notice the "stage-level come on down" shot?

Yeah that stuck out during the show for me, I thought it really odd, I don't know really what to think about it :-?

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #73 on: February 23, 2008, 04:31:45 AM »
In case you missed the show CBS has just posted the full MDS. If you don't have an HDTV, this is a letterboxed version but you'll get the idea.

CLICK HERE (AOL Video)

(BTW: All YouTube Links have been removed.)

Offline djsquare

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • tpirmodels.com
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2008, 06:33:13 AM »
Little lady would get mad at me if I went back and looked at the footage (so I can't verify that, because I don't want to get yelled at for my Price obsession)...  :-(

Just tell her you want to look at the bikinis again... It's another kind of obsession!