Author Topic: $1M Question  (Read 3544 times)

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
$1M Question
« on: February 23, 2008, 11:13:06 AM »
Forgive me if this has been asked before, but is the $1,000,000 that Adam just won paid out in a lump sum or an annuity?
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: $1M Question
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 11:53:17 AM »
After the government took its cut, he was left with about 45% of his total winnings.... harsh
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 11:54:03 AM »
Forgive me if this has been asked before, but is the $1,000,000 that Adam just won paid out in a lump sum or an annuity?

From what he told me after the show - it's a lump sum.

Offline mmarlin

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008, 12:03:43 PM »
At least it isn't like Syndie Millionaire, I read somewhere that anything over 250k is paid out in installments, and the million is paid out over 40 years

Geeze, you better be a 30 something or younger to able to live to see the money!

:D

Offline Ted

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008, 03:57:08 PM »
After the government took its cut, he was left with about 45% of his total winnings.... harsh

Hmmm...I think $550,000 is still pretty good.  You can buy a nice one-bedroom house in California for that amount.  :-)

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008, 07:11:32 PM »
Lump sum.
John

Offline aa2507

• In Contestant's Row
  • Bob and Check Game from June 13, 2007
    • Alex's Youtube
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 12:31:08 AM »
NOPE that called a old fashioned rip-off. Thank You United States Government. For taking a huge sum of CASH from a worthy guy who busted his A off for making it far on a unexpected Million Dollar Spectacular to win at last the million bucks.

I would just say this to u government in the good old words from Jim Rome: BRRRRAAUUUUGGGHHHHH!

If Mexico had their own version of the MDS. Trust me he would get all of that huge sum of cash without interest...
Welcome to my Jungle
http://www.myspace.com/aa2507
Who's NEXT! POKER or JOKER!

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008, 01:50:16 AM »
NOPE that called a old fashioned rip-off. Thank You United States Government. For taking a huge sum of CASH from a worthy guy who busted his A off for making it far on a unexpected Million Dollar Spectacular to win at last the million bucks.

I'm not trying to degrade anyone here, but winning $1M for guessing the price of a prize (basically, a 1 in 30 shot on an MDS for people with only general pricing knowledge), I wouldn't say he "busted his ass to get $1M."

It takes me about 20 years to do what he did in 20 minutes.
John