Author Topic: A WHOLE LOT of BCI Game Show DVD news!!  (Read 1516 times)

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
A WHOLE LOT of BCI Game Show DVD news!!
« on: April 05, 2008, 06:00:31 PM »
According to tvshowsonDVD.com, Not only is BCI working on Tattletales for a late 2008 release, BCI is also working on a What's My Line? DVD set as well, also hopefully for a late 2008 release.  And, to add to that, Match Game volume 2 will be released in August of this year.  WHAT A YEAR FOR GAME SHOWS ON DVD!!!

Here are the links to the stories.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Whats-Line-DVDs-Planned/9329

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Match-Game-73-Best-Of-Volume-2/9330

jimlange

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: A WHOLE LOT of BCI Game Show DVD news!!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 06:41:28 PM »
Tattletales!!??  IMHO It really doesn't seem popular enough to have its own DVD set.  But hey, any game show on DVD is gold in my book.

Offline bro

• In Contestant's Row
Re: A WHOLE LOT of BCI Game Show DVD news!!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 09:35:14 PM »
I'm glad to have those three game shows to be on DVD somehow. The only thing that I like to bring out is What's My Line. It appears that there is a DVD release of that show (Vol. 1) from another DVD company (not from BCI).

Has anyone bought this set. Is this from the 50s & not any from the 60s? Does anyone think Vol. 2 of the 50s episode of WML will be added in the future? I don't have a problem with the 60s episode as long it not any from the final season in which B&W was used instead of colour. I did have one idea that came to me until now, if any episodes of WML in color-videotape from the final season exsist today, they uses them to relpace the remaining B&W kinescopes episodes from the final year ONLY by usuing some digital technology from a certain company that can this work for this game show.

If BCI is doing WML on DVD, they should put color episodes from Syndication ONLY if the syn. version was aired once a week (or) before 5-day shows instead of Daly episodes at this time & I hope BCI reads this message before they begin progress.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 09:36:53 PM by bro »