Author Topic: The attitude of this site lately.  (Read 11176 times)

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
Re: The attitude of this site lately.
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2008, 03:05:27 AM »
I'm a big editor right after I make a post (I'm a perfectionist... what can I say)...

So am I heels, so am I.  I tend to put in tons of imagery in my posts, and when I feel that my posts don't make sense, I edit out the bugs to make sure everyone understands me.  It's all in the spirit of things; I've been used to editing my stuff on this site for two years now. 

And I especially enjoy the "cheap edit"...HAHAHAHA...   :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline therealdeal

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2008, 03:12:48 AM »
Is it just me or did the edit feature get axed???  I agree with heelsrul1988... since I started doing the reaction caps thing I have left things out or wanted to add to my previous comments, or edit the image itself.  Was actually going to edit one of my posts, because I accidentally referred to Make Your Move as Push Over...

Online Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 08:38:59 PM »
Is it just me or did the edit feature get axed??? 
Marc stated previously in this thread that they had turned the editing feature off...

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 08:40:51 PM »
It's back, by popular demand.  Just please understand where I'm coming from.

Offline priceguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2008, 05:12:25 PM »
I understand where you're coming from, Marc, but I still don't see the "Modify" icon.

EDIT: Oh I just made a stupid comment.  I see the icon now.  And look I used it too.  Oh the irony!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 05:14:33 PM by priceguy »

Online ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2008, 07:35:37 PM »
In response to Marc's initial request to limit editing features, and several others who made the plea to keep it, I have installed a modification which will be a happy medium.  Everyone has 10 minutes from the initial post in order to edit.  From there, it'll be locked down to everyone with the exception of moderators.
John

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2008, 12:16:03 AM »
I'm sorry I ruined this site for everyone.  I guess the only problem with this site is me.

Please don't feel this way.  I think most of your posts are on target.  It doesn't matter to whom we are referring, we should be respectful to one another at all times. That being said, I don't think disrespect is a huge problem by any means. Like Marc said so well, I think the best thing to do is just report them to the moderators and let them handle it from there. All of those guys know best what should stay and what shouldn't.  Just remember, you're certainly not a problem.

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2008, 10:27:09 AM »
In response to Marc's initial request to limit editing features, and several others who made the plea to keep it, I have installed a modification which will be a happy medium.  Everyone has 10 minutes from the initial post in order to edit.  From there, it'll be locked down to everyone with the exception of moderators.

That sounds like a fair compromise.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2008, 10:47:20 AM »
John, I love your signature, and I would like to solve the puzzle.  "A group of pill-pushers well-wishers"   :-D

At least we all knew that a compromise could be reached.  Well done Marc and John!  :-D

I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2008, 01:24:50 PM »
This site is way better now then during my lurking days. 

Offline Enzo Aquarius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2008, 02:36:26 PM »
John, I love your signature, and I would like to solve the puzzle.  "A group of pill-pushers well-wishers"   :-D

At least we all knew that a compromise could be reached.  Well done Marc and John!  :-D

I agree, the 10 minute compromise sounds good to me. Glad this got worked out.  :-D

Edit: Bad Grammar
Edit 2: Whoops...
Edit 3: Whoops on my whoopsies...
Edit 4: Bleh, stupid credits
Edit 5: Fieldsy was distracting me.  :-(
Edit 6: Pi is exactly 3.14, not 10.
Edit 7: Actually, 10 works about right for the compromise
Edit 8: DANG IT! I almost spoiled the game that got axe'd.
Edit 9: I typed 'I' wrong
Edit 10: Wrong smilie...
Edit 11: Hi Marc!
Edit 12: Still 1 minute left!
Edit 13: Oooh, forgot a period
Edit 14: WHOO! 1 second left, one more edit!  :-D
CSS 2008/2009 Note-Worthy Stats - 1 QSW - 5 DSW - 23 Top-5 Wins - Top One-Day Winnings: $204,648
CSS 2007/2008 Note-Worthy Stats - 9 DSW - 37 Top-5 Wins - 3 EXACTAS! - Top One-Day Winnings: $83,874. 

A Proud Member of Team GRRR!