Author Topic: Vanna White  (Read 2501 times)

Offline PriceFan14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • COME ON DOWN!! > Thursday @ 9pm ET!
Vanna White
« on: March 03, 2008, 08:08:59 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Vanna White is not eligible to be a contestant anymore because she works for CBS in some way. At the end of Wheel of Fortune it now says "CBS Television Distribution" does this mean Vanna is no longer eligible to be a contestant?
-->1600th Post 6/21/09!!!!!<--
**Join the party > TPiR '09 - www.pricenetwork.proboards.com!**
~ Season Finale June 25th!~

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
Re: Vanna White
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 08:20:11 PM »
I always thought that if she quit working for Wheel of Fortune for some number of years, then she could be a contestant on The Price is Right.  I thought there was a number of years between the period a person stopped working for CBS and when a person can be elgible to be a contestant on The Price is Right.  Then, if she was a contestant, she'd have to wait some number of years to go back to her job as letter-turning (actually, letter-toucher) if the people at Wheel of Fortune would allow her.  Either way, she'd be absent from Wheel of Fortune for a very long time.

Offline Mr. Matté

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 08:33:26 PM »
Note, most of the following may be a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if she would be permanently ineligible due to the fact she went backstage and other places within CBS TV City back when Wheel taped in 33 (1989-90s).
So long!

Offline ILoveBonusGame

• 2/15/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 11:48:14 PM »
Vanna White would have been ineligible even if King World was still on its own (in CBS Corporation anyway). King World Productions, Inc. has been owned by CBS Corporation (and when it was formerly Viacom) for a number of years.

Offline ABBA

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 12:26:57 AM »
When was Vanna a contestant on Price?

Offline tadixon757

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 12:33:51 AM »
When was Vanna a contestant on Price?

In 1980, two years before she started working on Wheel.
-- Thad Dixon

Offline WarioBarker

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Azumanga WHO - my first-ever published work!
    • DeviantART Profile (see what I'm up to!)
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 04:14:31 PM »
'When was Vanna a contestant?'

Friday, June 20th, 1980 - Episode #3735D, the fifth episode of Week 38 and the 6th-to-last episode of Season 8.

That date is notable for being the end of The Hollywood Squares, Chain Reaction, and High Rollers on NBC - removed by Fred Silverman in favor of The David Letterman Show.

There you go.
-Daniel
Quote from: The_Great_Butler
WarioBarker is exactly right.
This post ©2009 DB Enterprises, Inc. -- But at least it wasn't my fault Drew removed the ability to comment from his blog.