Author Topic: Kinda rare 1980 Nighttime Episode (LINKED TO PAST ENTRY)  (Read 9186 times)

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
Kinda rare 1980 Nighttime Episode (LINKED TO PAST ENTRY)
« on: July 05, 2006, 02:07:56 AM »
This is via Page O Clips' Top 10 Countdown.  I couldn't see the names (they weren't in all caps like we're used to) so please correct me where I'm wrong.

-----------
(snip!)

[color=FF0000]MOD NOTE 1: Once is enough. See next entry. Check the Archives first before posting. - JC[/color]

[color=FF0000]MOD NOTE 2: Upon further review, Mello please PM me your recap and note which stuff needs to be updated from the old one. We'll go from there. - JC[/color]

Offline plinko2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Kinda rare 1980 Nighttime Episode
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 06:07:52 AM »

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 11:33:32 AM »
But Joe did a better job.  Even so, there are some discrepancies between the two versions.

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 12:43:10 PM »
I'll edit the names, because I trust plinko2K.  The Pontiac at the end was definitely some sort of Trans Am because it said so on the car.  Everything else was adapted from Johnny's prize copies and what I was able to catch on the tiny screen.

Incidentally, I wanted to recap some more night episodes, but I couldn't find adequate copies on j-shea's site.  This is essentially the format I would use, though without the answers to questions some people might have *coughStevecough*

Now about the show itself, I'd just like to comment about how awesome the 2nd Showcase was.  It reminds me of the "1,000 ties" episode of Cullen's version where a seemingly bland idea turned into an Around the World+Car showcase.  I wish Price did these "Showcases with a twist" more often.

Oh, and speaking of questions, the ORP podiums did not have question marks on them.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 10:08:54 PM »
I'll second OldPrice -- the Joes certainly know how to do their recaps.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 05:42:09 PM »

SteveGavazzi wrote:
I'll second OldPrice -- the Joes certainly know how to do their recaps.

I figured you would...you've told me the same nice thing a couple of times.