Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR MDS 03/07/2008  (Read 58309 times)

Offline Corbinq27

• In Contestant's Row
  • Coming soon to my website...
    • Corbin's World
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR MDS 03/07/2008
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2008, 03:27:00 AM »
First of all, Voltron, I feel like the crew at the Price is Right are giving you the short end of the stick!! :-? You'd make a great contestant  :-D and I really did like all of your taping reports.  Thank you!!!  I feel like they have given me a really cool perspective into these really super awesome MDSs.

Now, wouldn't it have been way cooler to see Any number be tonight's MD game?  Guess only the car's numbers and win?  I guess what I'm trying to say is $1,000,000 plinko wasn't really that interesting (although it was WAY better than $1,000,000 range game... come on!)

And with the 0/6 for the games tonight, I thought "Gee, what a terrible MDS!"  Then, the end did help and yes, it was exciting, but I still felt a little let down.  Come on, Any number won the piggy bank, In the bag won nothing?  Jason's spin at the wheel was very exciting though.   He definitely made up for his plinko "loss."

And lucky $even 3 times in a row?!?!?!?! I feel like I'm watching $100,000 pyramid on GSN.

(If anyone didn't get that, I'm eluding to the "rerun abuse" which was often associated with GSN rerunning of $100,000 Pyramid.)

Did anyone think Jason had a striking resemblance to a famous CBS character Charlie Epps from NUMB3RS?  I thought that him being a look-a-like of the mathematician would have secured him the $1,000,000 or in his case $2,000,000 because he had the MD game.  Too bad he was off by $10k (but evenly $10k for the million...). 

All in all, i'm super happy we saw another $1,000,000 winner (in HD no less) but, gosh, I hope the rest of the MDSs are more like the fantastic show staring BigWinAdam.

Offline GedAlexNeil30

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2008, 03:53:42 AM »
How would've I done?

ANY NUMBER - I was unsure of picking 8, thinking THAT was the piggy bank.  Boy was I wrong.
PLINKO - Would've won all five. (Also, is it me, or is the idea behind winning a million here bad?)
RACE GAME - Would've thought the gym was most expensive, followed by computer, dishwasher, then guitars, then would've been flustered.
LUCKY 7 - Would've said 7 6 8 9 and would've made it.
IN THE BAG - Would've said everything he did but the salsa.  I would've blown it too.
SQUEEZE PLAY - Would've said 5 from the beginning.

SHOWCASES - $40K and $77500.  Wouldn't have been a millionaire.

Offline GedAlexNeil30

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2008, 03:55:17 AM »
Maybe if they made the piggy bank worth whole dollars, it'd be a bit easier to avoid the numbers in it given that the three digit prize would presumably be worth more than the bank's contents and they don't want to give the contestants that kind of advantage.

Maybe they could do like the Mexican PIR and move the decimal point one over, making it, like, $51.30.

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2008, 07:32:22 AM »
Any Number: Susan definitely deserved to win the car for sure.

Plinko: Wow, that's a great idea for a million dollar game... NOT!

Race Game: I knew the dishwasher & guitars had to be the least expensive of the quartet.

SCSD #1: I wonder why the producers didn't play the suspenseful music and use the spotlights like what happened on bonus spins in the last few primetime specials?

Lucky Seven: During this time, I was trying to figure out what celebrity named their kid Lyric recently. (After a few internet checks, I found out it was Ashley Parker Angel, a former O-Town band member, that named his son Lyric.)

It's In The Bag: I would've bombed this one big time!

Squeeze Play: Aw! I wanted Alexandria to win. I thought she was such a sweetheart.

Showcases: Whoa! Here's something I didn't see coming after that big skunker. Michael just became a millionaire AND a Double Showcase winner! Congratulations, Michael!

Another great primetime special, even with a skunking, Michael winning $1M definitely made up for it.

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2008, 07:55:09 AM »
OT: I'm pretty sure no one has ever confirmed they can't play Hole in One in primetime. Again, primetime actually has a little more time than daytime, and if they can play It's in  the Bag or 3 Strikes, they can manage Hole in One.

Not the most exciting show aside from the first showcase showdown and the showcase win.

Race Game was pretty hard. I had that gym pegged as the most expensive thing there.

It's too bad Susan didn't win more, but it sure didn't diminish her excitement about being there.

I thought if anyone was gonna win the million, it was Jason, since he bid the same thing on his showcase I would have. I thought Michael had bid too low.  I loved his win reaction though. Too bad not many people got an opportunity to do that tonight.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2008, 08:08:20 AM »
We didn't get to see all of the show here (and after reading the recap, I didn't need to) as we were having tornado issues in our area and our CBS affiliate (WGCL/ch. 46) broke in the middle of Race Game to cover the storms' progress. We did see the Showcase, though.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2008, 08:09:35 AM »
OT: I'm pretty sure no one has ever confirmed they can't play Hole in One in primetime. Again, primetime actually has a little more time than daytime, and if they can play It's in  the Bag or 3 Strikes, they can manage Hole in One.

I noticed that when I taped this primetime show without commercials, I got at least 42 minutes of show time. Whenever I tape an episode of the daytime show (without commercials), I only get 39 minutes at the most. So that's at least three extra minutes.

Offline PlinkoChip

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2008, 08:30:05 AM »
Any Number: I REALLY wanted her to win the car. I said 8 when she was down to the last pick.

Plinko: Okay, so I like the look of a golden Plinko chip (would've been nice to see that flying down the board), but the concept of the million dollar game was a little strange. Also, having the $1,000,000 game so early in the show was kinda a letdown; they shouldn've put Plinko later on in the show.

Race Game: I thought for sure the gym was the most expensive. NOT!

SCSD1: I don't care if they're spinning for a million or not (might as well be due to the luck based million chance in Plinko), but I was REALLY disappointed that the special music/lights didn't return for bonus spins.

Lucky $even: AGAIN?! Unless they like the flash of rolling a car out onto the stage, I see no reason as to why they keep playing this. I was expecting a 9 as the last number; the 7 got me. When watching I guessed $27,479 for the car and would've won.

It's in the Bag: I thought at first that this would be Punch a Bunch but as soon as Drew threw to the prize and the GPT didn't raise on camera I knew it was Baggy. Hey, Drew actually said "It's" today! And it's been Dom Casualized too. I'm kinda surprised that this didn't happen sooner. I knew the Oxy-Clean was wrong for the $14.99 bag but I would have put the Midol there and lost anyway.

Squeeze Play: I knew it was either 3 or 5 and was hoping that she'd win. Too bad she ended up losing.

Showcases: Another million dollar win is the saving grace of this episode. Congrats to Michael. I personally thought he went over at first.
Insert signature here.

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2008, 08:31:13 AM »
Wow - again ??!!

Just a few of my comments

Enough Lucky 7 already !
Any Number - Just the opposite, always good to see this in a MDS

Now lets get to what I really want to talk about.... The GOLDEN PLINKO CHIP.

First of all, near impossible to win, but what a great concept.  I'm not the biggest fan of Plinko, but... I thought that chip was beautiful.  Just imagine if we would have gotten to see it falling down that board.   I can't even imagine the anticipation of waiting for that chip as it worked its way down the board going toward that middle slot.

John/Marc, how about a "close up" of that Chip for the Gallery?
I'm TheBigAK...and I APPROVE this post.

Offline noobslayer88

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2008, 08:49:05 AM »
Eh, I knew Plinko would have to be a million dollar game, I just couldn't figure out how they would do it.

Without the $30,000 win in the SCSD and the showcase, the show would have been horrible.

I hope they don't play Lucky Seven again, it's real overkill.
Noobslayer88: a proud member of the "For Shiggles QSW" club. (6/12/09)

Offline dunph

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2008, 08:52:03 AM »
I have watched 3 "The Price Is Right $1 Million Spectaculars", so far, and Drew has given away the million twice.

Bob Barker never did when he hosted, and Drew, now becomes the only person to give away, $1 Million, 3 times in a season, on the first "Power Of Ten", and 2 $1 Million wins in the three $1 Million shows so far.

I thought we have a complete shutout on a $1 Million Spectaculars", until Michael bid $42,500 on that wedding showcase, and missed $489 to win a million dollars.

What will next week bring?

Please let the first game be either "Triple Play" for 3 cars, or "Golden Road", it would be more exciting.  And put an end to "Lucky Seven" on the specials.  3 weeks in a row in enough already.

Offline PressYourLuck444

• In the Audience
  • For those who care, his name is Powerglide. :)
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2008, 09:28:53 AM »
Why was Lucky $even played again tonight? We just saw it on the first special. I mean, I can understand playing Plinko again since it's the most recognizable game on the show, but, I think it was too soon to do Lucky $even again.  ...

Well, I completely agree with you.  How much can you beat a dead horse?  From the 25th Anniversary Special to now, the producers just can't enough of Lucky Seven it seems.  Enough already!  I understand the setup is one of the easiest not mention a quick game, but even when I'm home from being on the road (I'm a truck driver), it seems like half the time when I turn on the daytime show, what d'ya know, it's Lucky Seven again.  I won't insult the intellegence of all those on this blog who already know all things Price by listing them, but there are plenty of car games that are almost or just as fast, not to mention as exciting or more.  I just long a for a little variety on all the versions of the show, and I'm not getting it.  :(

As an aside, what gives with these rather cheap showcases, given it's a MDS?  I know someone wil run like the wind to correct me, but I don't recall seeing a Barker MSD showcase any less than $60K.  Heck, the daytime version has bigger showcases.  I know, there was one $100K+ showcase, but only one.    It's just seems a bit sad. 

And on a personal note, I want to make a quick comment about Drew.  I'm a truck driver, so I'm not home enough to post on here usually, but I have been very patient with Drew and his time needed to grow into this job, but I just don't think he'll ever get it.  His complete inability to create tension, and his continued nonchalant (forgive that spelling) attitude at moments when that's the last way he should be acting--I just can't get into him, and it's making hard to get into the show period.  Plus, after watching this show for 32 years, that complete clueless look on contestants' faces that seems to be the complete norm now--I'm glad I'm not home enough to watch it regularly, because if I could, after a few weeks, I might never watch it again.  The MDS $1,000,000 wins have been great but it's just not enough anymore.  I watch the show out of allegance now to the game show genre as opposed to wanting to watch it 'cause it's still a good, viable show.  I could rant on for paragrpahs ont his topic, but I won't bore you with that, plus this isn't the section to do that anyhow, but I wanted to put my two cents in, maybe for the last time on here. 

Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 06:47:16 AM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline JT

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2008, 10:14:11 AM »
Agree too much Lucky 7 - and the million-winning showcase was really low - making it much easier to win the million.

Given all 6 games were lost, there was only $20K from the One Bids given away tonight to the other 5 contestants.  Everything else won last night went to Michael.

This can be debated, but in retrospect, if the showcases are going to be in the $40s, the DSW difference really should have been "Within $500" - Michael still would have won but Adam would not have.  If the showcases are going to always be high 5-digit,/low 6-digit (eg $80K - $120K) then, yes $1000 is the right difference.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2008, 10:35:45 AM »
Please please PLEASE stop playing Lucky $even.  It's not a bad game...but ya know, too much of a good thing.

Bob couldn't give away $1M in many attempts over many years.  Drew does it TWICE in the span of three weeks (airtime, not tapetime).  Unbelievable.

(There goes my theory of a Million Dollar Mission on TPIR.  :D)

Plinko is a completely undeserving game to be played for $1M.  Too much luck involved.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2008, 10:53:32 AM »
I'll go through in order:

A# - OOF! When it came down to crunch time, I knew where the 8, 0 and 5 were, and everyone in the chat was going 888888... too bad.
Stinko - I'm afraid we'll never see the golden chip in play, even 3/5 is too rare. I think the stipulations for $1mil were legit, though - just in nature, Pl!nko is hard. As for the actual playing, DOB was in action with SPs and the guy never put it in the middle!
Racey - It wasn't that she was slow, or polling the audience...she had no idea where the prices should go. I myself was surprised that the Dell was $3399.
SD1 - Yay $30k, a record on the wheel! :D
L7 - again, and 4th? I can see why the DOB likes this game, though - this time, repeating 7 and everything > 5.
Baggy 1.5x - I was surprised it wasn't 32k, making the pattern 1-2-4-8-24, a big jump. In any case, DOB was present again, who would have said the Flintstone thing was $14.99?
Squeezey - :headbang: Darn skunks even come out at night!
SD2 - Nothing eventful...

SC -  :-o  :-o :-o :lol: CBS is probably mad at whoever decided to quadruple the DSW range to $1k. :D

I have to give it a B+ overall, the + coming from SD1. It was pretty bad until the end, after all. DOND should take notes from this, yes? :P
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...