Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR MDS 03/07/2008  (Read 58304 times)

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR MDS 03/07/2008
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2008, 06:48:13 PM »
Sorry I'm late. Here we go.....

Any #: Susan was a BLAST!!! For a sweet lady to survive cancer and appear on TPIR would be a dream. But winning $5.32 in that %^&damn piggy bank turned it upside down.  :cry:

Plinko: What a waste to be the "Million Dollar Game". The golden chip looked so PRETTY though.

Race: Great to see on  Primetime!! Too bad about the outcome.

SCSD #1: A $30K win!!! WHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Lucky 7: When are we gonna see 3 Strikes, Golden Road, Triple Play, 5 Price Tags, Money Game, Cover Up, etc? There's more excitinger car games than L7!!!  :clipboard: really got his way on this one.

IITB: Poor Michael. I feared the worse when he chose the Oxi Clean as the $14.99 bag.

Squeeze: Should've got rid of the 5.

Showcases: Both looked really pretty despite how much they were. The showcase with the 2 Lincolns got me. I thought they were at least $90K.  :oops: The Chrysler showcase I expected to be way more than $42,500. When it came to reveal Michael's ARP, I thought no million dollar win tonight. We'll see what next week's show will give us. Then I heard Forty-Two Thousand.....and just froze. I heard NINE. Then I just went wild like a banshee.  :-D :dsw: :dsw: :dsw: :dsw: :dsw: :dsw: :dsw: ANOTHER MILLON DOLLAR WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!! Just WOW!!!! I'm sure that Skunk is hlaf-pass Mars by now after that.  :D Congratulations Michael!!!!

Despite the skunking, Another great hour of fun for my Friday night.

A 9.75-star show.

Offline UAB-Kirksville

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2008, 08:12:49 PM »
Guys, please remember that these shows are being run out of order.  So far, we've seen the first, fourth, and fifth MDSs.  So no, Lucky $even hasn't appeared "three times in a row."

But they were aired in order, which makes it seem that way.

And regardless, it begs the question why did they play the same game at least three times out of just six episodes? Three appearances by Lucky $even in primetime is overkill, regardless.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2008, 08:54:59 PM »
But they were aired [consecutively], which makes it seem that way.

Why do people think I don't understand this?

Why do I bother with the timeline and the calendars and everything else if the only reaction I'm going to get is, "We only care about the order that CBS aired them in?"
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 08:57:10 PM by SteveGavazzi »
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2008, 11:07:57 PM »
And regardless, it begs the question why did they play the same game at least three times out of just six episodes? Three appearances by Lucky $even in primetime is overkill, regardless.
Beats me.  I have a hunch it will make more sense once we have all six lineups to look at, though.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline G.B. Blackrock

• Outside in Line
« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2008, 11:44:35 PM »
Why do people think I don't understand this?

Why do I bother with the timeline and the calendars and everything else if the only reaction I'm going to get is, "We only care about the order that CBS aired them in?"
Actually, I don't know.  It seems that the timeline and the calendars are pretty irrelevant to the point being raised.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2008, 12:43:35 AM »
Kindly explain to me how something that shows lineups in their proper order is "irrelevant" to a discussion about Lucky $even appearing three weeks in a row.

:headbang:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 03:46:28 AM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #66 on: March 10, 2008, 01:13:25 AM »
Kindly explain to me how something that shows lineups in their proper order is "irrelevant" to a discussion about Lucky $even appearing three weeks in a row.

I think that what everyone is referring to is the fact that a casual viewer who doesn't read these boards and doesn't know or care about production numbers or when they were taped or when these shows were "intended" to be aired will see that Lucky 7 is played 3 weeks in a row and wonder why aren't they playing any different games.

it wouldn't make sense for CBS to air 2 of the MD winners in the first 3

Why? It would make sense for CBS to air the $1M winners right away for ratings - and it appears it has worked since the ratings have gone up each week since the first MDS.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2008, 01:22:42 AM »
I think that what everyone is referring to is the fact that a casual viewer who doesn't read these boards and doesn't know or care about production numbers or when they were taped or when these shows were "intended" to be aired will see that Lucky 7 is played 3 weeks in a row and wonder why aren't they playing any different games.

Well, this is true...but they're not involved in this discussion, either.  The participants in this thread are people who I would like to think understand this stuff.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2008, 04:04:35 AM »
You know, I'm seeing stars here. For all I know, Lucky Seven will be on every week for the next week, plus two more. Probably not true (Voltron, as a witness, knows for sure), but anyway. Insisting on an explanation on why one game is played on three consecutive MDSs - in tape order, broadcast order, or just plain random happenstance - is like trying to explain why the chicken crossed the road. Regardless of how it happened, it happened.

And if you can't believe the guy who busts his britches to keep the FAQ around here, who can you believe? Steve's got the documentary evidence. And if you watch Judge Whomever enough, you know how vital that is. Let's leave it at that and move on before Gavazzi destorys his desk.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2008, 11:19:37 PM »
Screencaps: Alexandria, Chelsea

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2008, 09:26:58 PM »
Four days, and I still can't think of much to say about the episode, aside from going into monologue mode about Plinko.  So I'll just bring up Susan, and her great energy, especially for her situation.  Truly a shame she won so little tonight.

Offline hyhybt

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2008, 09:29:25 PM »
Guys, please remember that these shows are being run out of order.  So far, we've seen the first, fourth, and fifth MDSs.  So no, Lucky $even hasn't appeared "three times in a row."
Appearing three times in a batch of six is WAY too much, regardless of the order. Airing them in the order they have just adds the impression that they might have played it in the others too. Which I'm not, of course, saying they did.

Offline WarioBarker

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Azumanga WHO - my first-ever published work!
    • DeviantART Profile (see what I'm up to!)
« Reply #72 on: March 13, 2008, 08:44:33 PM »
Anyway, back to the show - and sorry I'm late.

PLINKO: The instant I saw Drew pull out that $1,000,000 Chip I thought to myself -

'The Golden Plinko Disc Of Desire!' (from the Joe Pasquale UK version). I never thought they'd take a cue from the UK!

SHOWCASES: I thought $42,500 was a sucky bid for Primetime. Shows what I know.
-Daniel
Quote from: The_Great_Butler
WarioBarker is exactly right.
This post ©2009 DB Enterprises, Inc. -- But at least it wasn't my fault Drew removed the ability to comment from his blog.

Offline price_37

• In the Audience
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2008, 08:34:28 PM »
I saw this as a rerun in the Summer, but not on the original broadcast because KHOU-TV (CBS affiliate; Houston TX.) preempted this episode.
The title card for the 7th season on Who Wants to be a Millionaire
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/wiiplayer9isback