Author Topic: What if you were the director of TPIR???  (Read 19782 times)

Offline price_authority

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: What if you were the director of TPIR???
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2008, 10:58:21 PM »
Do you even know what an associate producer does?

(I don't even know what an associate producer does.)

I don't think he knows what a director does.
Before you call your lawyer to sue me, know that everything contained in this post and in all of my posts past, present and future is entirely MY PERSONAL OPINION.

Offline aa2507

• In Contestant's Row
  • Bob and Check Game from June 13, 2007
    • Alex's Youtube
« Reply #91 on: March 16, 2008, 11:03:26 PM »
I'd give Bart back his job.

For many years he has merely done what he has been told. It will take time to reestablish some old habits or create new ones, just because I don't believe he's accustomed to having as much responsibility.

The crew are already making changes over time to the show, even bringing back some stuff. It won't be perfect all of the time, but the fact that they are willing to do something new and fresh or return to lost old habits is good.

Besides, if enough people are demanding things then they will eventually happen.

I agree with keeping Bart, he's much better than Ken Fuchs! Trust me with Fuchs at the helm, what is next! Dancing?
Welcome to my Jungle
http://www.myspace.com/aa2507
Who's NEXT! POKER or JOKER!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2008, 03:10:07 AM »
I agree with keeping Bart, he's much better than Ken Fuchs!

Wow, Ken Fuchs must be really awful.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline dmaingame

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2008, 04:32:35 AM »
to clarify, no i created the associate producer positions becuase i would like to see the combined camera work of marc, paul, and bart in motion along with my directing since they have the wealth of experience, as to be by guide of sorts, a coaching team if you will....

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #94 on: March 17, 2008, 11:24:56 AM »
to clarify, no i created the associate producer positions becuase i would like to see the combined camera work of marc, paul, and bart in motion along with my directing since they have the wealth of experience, as to be by guide of sorts, a coaching team if you will....

So basically, no, you don't.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline NickintheATL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • TV Button Pusher
    • nicholasmooneyhan.com
« Reply #95 on: March 17, 2008, 02:32:32 PM »

Let me put it this way: sometimes directors don't make good producers.  An associate producer has producer's tasks, but is more of a right hand man to the producer at large.  It's not an assistant, per se, that's a different term.

What you have described is not even close to this definition.

I think the term you're looking for is more of a consultant role than anything else.

The key to being a good director is to have your own style.  You can take inspiration from other directors, I take some from Marc Breslow myself, but I adapt some of his ideas and revamp them into my own style.  But, nobody will direct the same way as I do, and that's what makes every director unique.

Offline aa2507

• In Contestant's Row
    • Alex's Youtube
« Reply #96 on: March 17, 2008, 02:49:46 PM »
Wow, Ken Fuchs must be really awful.

He's the dummy who is directing Family Feud. He started his run along side Richard Karn, and he did some pretty dumb stuff, especially the support signs, supporting each family.

Overall, Bart has a upper advantage than Fuchs!
Welcome to my Jungle

Offline aa2507

• In Contestant's Row
    • Alex's Youtube
« Reply #97 on: March 17, 2008, 02:52:14 PM »

You're trying to downgrade them from Directors who are the masterminds behind the cameras and props to just associates who are behind the producers and Director.

Welcome to my Jungle