Author Topic: Country music playing when a trailer's being offered  (Read 2287 times)

Offline therevengespace.com

• In the Audience
Country music playing when a trailer's being offered
« on: March 18, 2008, 03:19:14 PM »
Fans,

Is it just me or is TPIR trying to be funny when they play country music every time a trailer's being offered?  Are they implying only southerners have trailers? Just watch next time that happens.

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Country music playing when a trailer's being offered
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 04:14:03 PM »
Let's look at this situation as a whole.  Typically, you go camping in the country.  There's lots of country in places such as Pennsylvania.  I see trailers all around where I live.  We have a country music station in this area.  Froggy 98.1 which I listen to frequently.  Pennsylvania is very much a northern state.  So from my observation, no, they are not implying that only southerners have trailers.  They're simply matching two things associated with the country.  Camping and country music, neither of which are strictly southern.

I suppose one, as in your case, could come to such a conclusion, but I don't think that's what's being implied.

Offline spunker88

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 04:57:45 PM »
Let's look at this situation as a whole.  Typically, you go camping in the country.  There's lots of country in places such as Pennsylvania.  I see trailers all around where I live.  We have a country music station in this area.  Froggy 98.1 which I listen to frequently.  Pennsylvania is very much a northern state.  So from my observation, no, they are not implying that only southerners have trailers.  They're simply matching two things associated with the country.  Camping and country music, neither of which are strictly southern.

I suppose one, as in your case, could come to such a conclusion, but I don't think that's what's being implied.

I think u are right. Country music is associated with rural places, like the area i live in upstate ny, which judging from the foot of snow outside is definetly not southern.
Is this new that tpir plays country music, or has it been around. I only get to watch the mds and somesummer shows usually, so idk.
Picture: 1978 Showcase Dedicated to the Dob

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 05:01:41 PM »
County-ish music has always been played for camping equipment of some sort.  That's where the now famous Family Feud theme originated.  It's based on an old camping equipment cue and itself was used as a car cue for a while.  As a matter of fact, the tail end of it is what plays during the intro of Grand Game.

Offline DYC

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 05:03:42 PM »
Trailers and camping equipment used to be backed by that weird banjo music from Family Feud. IDK what track they play nowadays, but its just an visual-imaging thing.
Same reason they play some classical piece when a baby grand piano is offered sometimes, or On the Franches Mountain edits for trips to Switzerland.

I'm from and still live in the South. Never heard a complete country song in my life.

Offline supergoten

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 07:51:56 PM »
Who says you have to be from the South to like country music anyway? Or who says everyone in the South has to like country music? I live in Ohio and like country music after all......

I think it's just the association of camping in a country setting, thats all.

Offline Scott5114

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 07:53:36 PM »
I'm from and still live in the South. Never heard a complete country song in my life.

You've just gotten good at avoiding it, then. :P I used to live in Oklahoma, and country music was often played in businesses. When I was in grade school, it was all the school bus driver would play. I kind of liked it when I was a kid, but I don't much anymore.
</offtopicrant>

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 09:25:41 PM »
I'm not sure what the South or country music has to do with the Deliverance music for trailers.  It's got more to do with most people going out into the country to use the trailers, no matter where they're from.

Offline hyhybt

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 08:03:00 AM »
Well, that's THEIR problem. They should camp in the city instead :)