Author Topic: DVD Giveaway Contest!  (Read 12784 times)

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
Re: DVD Giveaway Contest!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 03:57:43 AM »
Well, here I thought (assumed) we had fans on this site.   ;)

So far, I have received correct answers for all three question.  No one person, however, had answered all three correctly.

#1 and #3 seem to be a bit easier (as I assumed), but #2 is a toughie.

I will expose a bit more of this photo to give everyone a little more help.  One person has commented to me that it is near impossible to identify this game, but if you have been a member here long enough to look at our previous photos of games, you should have a way to narrow this down.

I will reopen the contest to everyone who has already submitted.

Good luck!

Here's more of #2:

John

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 05:04:29 AM »
I'm not entering the contest, but I KNOW what number 2 is.

jimlange

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 06:47:28 AM »
Doh!  How is the world did I manage to get #2 right, but somehow screw up #1 or 3......
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 08:57:16 AM »
I ventured a guess on #1. I went logically, but I'm pretty sure I'm wrong ...
#2, with the expended picture, I think I have. I have #3 for sure!

{crossing fingers}

Offline Footix

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 10:57:24 AM »
I'm pretty sure I know what #2 is now, but I still have no clue what the date could be on #1...

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 07:39:18 PM »
the bottom left of the picture should be giving it away, but I'm still not getting it :-?
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline ironman00710

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 07:43:08 PM »
the bottom left of the picture should be giving it away, but I'm still not getting it :-?

After looking at it again, now I think I goofed on my guess I sent in this morning.  I have a good hunch as to what it is now.  :-(

Offline PriceFan14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • COME ON DOWN!! > Thursday @ 9pm ET!
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2008, 02:31:22 AM »
Is it ok to ask if this is a Pricing Game? I still have absolutely NO CLUE! I've gone through the entire list of pricing games and cannot match any shapes or games that would use so many gizmos and such to operate it. Nothing sticks out at all.
-->1600th Post 6/21/09!!!!!<--
**Join the party > TPiR '09 - www.pricenetwork.proboards.com!**
~ Season Finale June 25th!~

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2008, 05:02:30 AM »
Than you're not looking hard enough.  If you look hard enough, you can EASILY see what it is.

Offline SenorBeef

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2008, 02:36:35 AM »
I think I have all 3 but I still need a key detail for picture #1.

Offline WhammyPower788

• I'm on a horse.
    • Game Show Videos
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2008, 09:56:14 AM »
Wish I could play in this.  I for sure have #2 and #3, and I think I know what #1 is.
Visit GameShowVideos.com for lots of game show clips!

Offline PriceFan14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • COME ON DOWN!! > Thursday @ 9pm ET!
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2008, 10:38:51 AM »
Judging from the deadness of this thread lately; I think it's safe to assume that we haven't made much progress with the contest and that we have no winners as of yet.
-->1600th Post 6/21/09!!!!!<--
**Join the party > TPiR '09 - www.pricenetwork.proboards.com!**
~ Season Finale June 25th!~

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2008, 01:41:46 AM »
The lifelessness of the thread simply had to do with me having a busy weekend.

I have received 2 correct entries for the contest.  I still await a third winner, so I once again will allow for resubmissions.  The two winners have been notified.
John

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2008, 01:25:37 PM »
I finally received three correct entries for the contest.  Thank you to EVERYONE who submitted!  Here are the correct answers.

1.  The missing information is the date of the 35th Season Premiere.  (Taping - 6/27/06)  Door #1.

2.  The back of Stack the Deck is shown.

3.  The order of the games was edited by me in Photoshop.  Here is the correct lineup.

Congratulations to PriceFanArmadillo, Voltron291, and TalkingHeadsFan for winning the contest!

Don't forget we will be giving away keys to the Ludia game in the very near future.
John

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2008, 04:31:00 PM »
The first question wasn't too hard, but required a little thought.  Going by the position of the blank space on the wall, the missing date had to fall between the 2005 and 2007 MDS's.  Also, we see that this list is being written on '#1 Right Door', so we have to stop and think about what would be relevant to one of the Big Doors, because what else would earn such a large portion of real estate back there?  I couldn't think of anything that relates to MDS's other than the fact that the Big Doors change for the MDS's, so it was simply a matter of deducing the only other time the Big Doors were redone between 2005 and 2007 - namely, the Season 35 redesign.

The second one drove me, like I'm sure the rest of you, bonkers.  At first, putting it with the other two pictures, the only prop I could think of that was big enough for the picture was the back of the More or Less sign, but that seemed like too many items to be the back of something with nothing more than lights on it.  So, after way too much thought and coming up blank on my part, I asked my dad (who's a bit of a handyman) how old the prop looked, and showed him props from that era until he saw one he liked...and we were way off there.  Thankfully, John gave everyone a second  chance, while also expanding the picture to include a dead giveaway.  That shape in the lower-left corner is quite obviously the 'card' on the lower-right side of the Stack the Deck prop.  This took me maybe eight seconds after seeing the second picture.

The third picture, however, was really easy.  The only way you could possibly miss it was to stop looking after the first switch (Bag and MoL), thinking you didn't need to look for a second (Push and Cliff.)

Oh, and I took the liberty of changing my signature again, John.  :D
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy