Author Topic: "Feud" possibly returning to primetime  (Read 4571 times)

Offline dmaingame

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: "Feud" possibly returning to primetime
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 01:36:32 AM »
yes junkaholic, the daytime and perhaps the nighttime version of ray combs' feud did tape from studio 33. from july 1988-i believe may of 1993 maybe later.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2008, 06:09:07 AM »
Junkaholic was asking if the show this season ever returned to tape at the BBS.  I think he knows that during the Ray Combs years and the second Dawson era, Feud taped there.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 06:17:24 AM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2008, 07:58:55 PM »
I beg your pardon? John O is a great host, and i completely disagree with your statement.

Well excuse me, but I wasn't a fan of the pompous style when Dawson tried it either.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 08:07:39 PM »
Well excuse me, but I wasn't a fan of the pompous style when Dawson tried it either.
I didn't mean to make that an attack, if it appeared that way, I apologize. We all have different opinions on hosts and what-not, and I like Dawson and O'Hurley the most for the Feud. I am sure lots of people would rather have Combs over both, but I would rather have both over Combs. But thats just my opinion.
Signatures are overrated.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008, 07:12:43 PM »
And your opinion is my fact.  In other words, I also would prefer Dawson and O'Hurley over Combs.  However, I enjoyed Combs (in fact, while I prefer Dawson over Combs, I prefer Combs over Dawson's second go-around).  I enjoyed them all really.  When it came to Family Feud, it wasn't just about the hosts.  It was about the format, and everything else. 

I think all the hosts and format had their pros and cons, and while I prefer Dawson and O'Hurley more than everyone else, it doesn't mean I'm going to disregard opinions on their "I'm the man" style either.  It may be too much, but not nearly enough to stop me from tuning in.  OTOH, it doesn't mean that I would have Ray or Richard's version only while cleaning around the house.

However, I think we can all agree that all the hosts would be a better choice compared to Al Roker!  Hee.  Well, except Louie. 

Edit: I actually had a lot to say, but I saved it elsewhere as it was a lot and would be more fitting for a blog or journal.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 07:15:55 PM by SeaBreeze341 »
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline gshowguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2008, 07:47:12 PM »
"Feud" in primetime? I can just picture it now... ;-)

Al - "Name an animal you keep as a pet."
Contestant - "A dog."
Al - "You say it's a dog. Is it up there? We'll find out... after this commercial!"

(OK, I know it probably won't happen, but still...  :oldlol:)

Seriously though, I have no idea what the cash prize is gonna be for primetime Feud... probably $50K at least.