Author Topic: What's the geekiest thing you know about any game show ever made?  (Read 6812 times)

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
For me, mine is the fact that I OVERDOSED on "Family Challenge" (Ray Combs version, NOT Michael Burger's) as a nine-year old, and wrote down the airdates and families' last names for every single episode in a notebook I had over ten years ago, and to this day, I still have all 65 episodes of this show memorized! How about you?

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
Re: What's the geekiest thing you know about any game show ever made?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 09:48:16 PM »
I was a huge fan of the 1998-2004 incarnation of Hollywood Squares.  I had notebooks full of every play from season 2 onward and I operated a daily spoiler site (taking over from someone who started it in season 1) with my square-by-square play notes.  I also had 72 various episodes on 5 VHS tapes from every season (including the famous "YOU FOOL" episode), but my mom threw them out two years ago when she re-decorated my room while I was on vacation during my school reading week
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline dmaingame

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 01:33:32 AM »
the april fool's joke that hollywood squares played on john davidson.  they hired a set of mock contestants (really actors) then staged a scene where the male contestant "mr x" was accused of cheating by the the female contestant "ms o"  she proceeds to shove him off the elevated contestant platform while john davidson looks on open-mouthed in awe

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 06:17:18 AM »
I was a big fan of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire and Super Millionaire with Regis Philbin. I never missed a single episode, and I played the online game regularly. More often than not, I ended up winning the million dollars!  :biggrin:

Offline dh027

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 06:57:44 AM »
the april fool's joke that hollywood squares played on john davidson.  they hired a set of mock contestants (really actors) then staged a scene where the male contestant "mr x" was accused of cheating by the the female contestant "ms o"  she proceeds to shove him off the elevated contestant platform while john davidson looks on open-mouthed in awe

I think by the "YOU FOOL" episode, Fieldsy was referring to the Bergeron episode that Penn and Teller were on.  They were either the last square left or both X and O need them to win.  Penn Gillette would give a convincing bluff, the contestant would agree, and then Penn would shout "YOU FOOL" at them.  This went on at least seven times.

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 07:11:40 AM »
Actually, it was Gilbert Gottfried who was the last square picked in that round, and ended up being asked several questions that day thanks to the contestants being wrong too many times!

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2008, 12:32:16 PM »
when i was 12 i knew all the store names in the Shop 'Til You Drop mall..  the other kids in school were not impressed.
You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.

Offline Plinkoplayer83

• In the Audience
    • The Price is Right Tribute
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2008, 12:43:04 PM »
i know all the rules to every single pricing game played on TPIR and when I was younger people thought I was wierd...
\\\"Help control the pet population, have your pet spayed or neutured.\\\"

Offline Timotheus

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Give it a whooz, Dan.
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2008, 12:54:53 PM »
when i was 12 i knew all the store names in the Shop 'Til You Drop mall..  the other kids in school were not impressed.

That probably shouldn't've made me laugh as much as it did...

Offline AndyL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • Andy's MovieZone
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2008, 03:04:20 PM »
I think the fact that I used to remember game shows that left the airwaves, supposedly never to be seen again.  And, I don't necessarily mean the ones that turned up on GSN during various eras, either.  I'm talking about the rarities that I later discovered had been erased.
"Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Don't you step on its skin
  Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Womble up de rubbish and put it in de bin!"

Offline SuperBall85

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 03:41:29 PM »
I know what a "trilon" is--the rectangular-triangular prisms used in the old-style Pyramid board and the original Wheel of Fortune display. The best example in "everyday" life would be the Toss Across beanbag tic-tac-toe game, which also uses trilons.

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 05:03:29 PM »
I know every host first and last name on every version of weakest link around the world

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 07:00:11 PM »
I deciphered Price's production number system pretty much by myself.  Does that count?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2008, 07:37:44 PM »
Is that even in your top five?  :)

Me?  Probably the fact that I quit watching Wheel of Fortune for several years as a teenager because it was too easy.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2008, 07:53:50 PM »
Name a game show, chances are, I know the model of cameras that shot it.