Author Topic: Anyone going to 4/21 or 4/22 tapings?  (Read 7629 times)

Offline tshaffer03

• In Contestant's Row
Anyone going to 4/21 or 4/22 tapings?
« on: April 03, 2008, 11:48:09 PM »
If you're planning to go to the 4/21 or 4/22 MDS taping, let me know. I've have my travel reservations all confirmed on travelocity.

It would be nice to meet any fellow groad.net members. A friend isn't able to get time off work but I'm still going. I have one ticket available for each taping if anyone need (e-ticket).

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Anyone going to 4/21 or 4/22 tapings?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 08:32:11 PM »
Big Jon's going this time.   Hey, where are you staying at?  I'm still trying to determine the best place....
(i might stay back at the holiday inn off Hollywood BLVD)
BigJon's TPIR will live on - CSS Host - 2nd Season; CSS Statistician 3rd Season

Offline tttrainr

• Outside in Line
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 11:03:47 PM »
Hi.  I will be coming to the show on the 22nd.  I have tickets for the 1 and the 4.  I live in Florida and will be in Vegas for a few days - and am renting a car and driving over early Tuesday morning. 

If I leave Vegas around midnight, do you think that will put me in a good place to be able to see the taping?

Many thanks!
Michael

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 11:16:12 PM »
If I leave Vegas around midnight, do you think that will put me in a good place to be able to see the taping?

It's about a 4 hour drive from Vegas to CBS Television City - so long as you go directly to the line when you get there I think you'll be able to get in to at least one taping.

Offline westcanpirfan

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 01:46:22 AM »
Yes, I am making my 2nd journey to TVC for TPIR - oh the acronyms; enough of that...

Will be coming in on Sat nite - leaving Fri nite; there for Mon and Tuesday; couple questions - re other posts and such:

1) Am I right to assume there is no point in having tix for both a 1 and 4pm on same day? you can only go through the process (for lack of better term) for one of the shows per day. That's not to say that u go for the 1pm, and if they are for some reason short people for the 4pm, they ask you to stick around.

In other words, theres no way to actually typically get into two tapings on the same day the way it is set up currently?!

2) ***most important in my opinion **** how are the lineups generally right now to get your order of arrival passes?  I know every day is different, but has this season required people to be there at 3am? 2am, 11pm night before?  ....or was that just for the Barker era finales (Nov 06 - Apr 07...)?   Any general info is great, and I will plan accordingly.  Is that "Best Bagel in town" guy open early.? oh I love that guy - those flashing christmas lights around his sign..... : )

Looking forward to the journey and the experience! Getting pumped here!

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 08:48:32 AM »
Hey guyz, if anyone's trying to get up with me on April 21/22nd, i'll have on my black "ALPHA PHI ALPHA shirt"
Hope to see many of you guyz next week!
BigJon's TPIR will live on - CSS Host - 2nd Season; CSS Statistician 3rd Season

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2008, 10:35:21 AM »
1) Am I right to assume there is no point in having tix for both a 1 and 4pm on same day? you can only go through the process (for lack of better term) for one of the shows per day. That's not to say that u go for the 1pm, and if they are for some reason short people for the 4pm, they ask you to stick around.

In other words, theres no way to actually typically get into two tapings on the same day the way it is set up currently?!

If they are short for the 4pm (which happens, but I would highly doubt will happen next week), they will ask people from the 1pm to come around and fill in.  These people do get processed again, but do not have to show a ticket.  (At least, that was my experience two months ago.  Your mileage may vary.)  So, I would say that no, the only reason to have tickets for both tapings is if you don't want to decide which taping to go to until the very last moment.

2) ***most important in my opinion **** how are the lineups generally right now to get your order of arrival passes?  I know every day is different, but has this season required people to be there at 3am? 2am, 11pm night before?  ....or was that just for the Barker era finales (Nov 06 - Apr 07...)?   Any general info is great, and I will plan accordingly.  Is that "Best Bagel in town" guy open early.? oh I love that guy - those flashing christmas lights around his sign..... : )

Looking forward to the journey and the experience! Getting pumped here!
Mostly for the Barker finales, but MDS tapings will have bigger crowds...especially now that everyone knows how easy it is to win the million dollars.  :)  I showed up at 2:15am for the first MDS tapings and was something like #26 in line.  I wouldn't the lines to be quite that short...but you'll get in for sure at 3am, and probably still have decent seats.

One more trick...if you decide to go to the 4pm taping, but get in line at the same time you would anyway, you will have better seats than if you go to the 1pm taping.  People going to the late taping just don't get in line as quickly.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline theshowwasgreat

• Outside in Line
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 04:16:00 PM »
I was there on monday for the MDS taping at 4! It was a blast. I was called down, but thats all i can tell :) IT was a dream come true!

Offline tshaffer03

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 08:15:55 PM »
I was there on Tuesday. Arrived at 530am and barely got into the 1pm show (I was #325 out of 326). I didn't get called down but had a great time. Met a lot of nice people/other TPIR fans!

Offline phunguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No, Not THAT!?
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 03:41:41 PM »
And as for you, theshowwasgreat:

1. Welcome aboard.

2. After the program airs, you'll get a special spinning star thingy as an alumni club member.
Creator of the EVERLASTING DOBSTOPPERTM Award as certified by Yahoo! search.

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2008, 10:20:15 PM »
I was there on monday for the MDS taping at 4! It was a blast. I was called down, but thats all i can tell :) IT was a dream come true!

Congratulations! I hope you won a million bucks! :P

Can't wait to see your show.
Signatures are overrated.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 03:51:47 PM »
Bah... it seems everyone always says whether they got called or not. You guys shoul dhave fun and keep everyone in suspense, like I did (and will continue to do until I get picked). :P