Author Topic: It's 2 Announcements for the Price of 1!  (Read 7087 times)

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: It's 2 Announcements for the Price of 1!
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2008, 03:01:36 PM »
Marc, I wish you nothing but the best of luck in St. Louis.  You have given this site so much since its infancy and it is awesome that you are moving on to bigger opportunities in your live.

I also wish congratulate A.J. and Carlos for being promoted.  I have read your comments since the day I joined G-R.net back in 2005 and you guys provide insightful comments about the show, and are fun to hang around with in the forums or in the chatroom.  A.J., you entertain us all with your awesomeness that I keep hearing about and your Dry-Erase style PA shows.  Carlos, you provide us with great memories with your video collection that spans over 15 years of Price and also you are a true friend to many people on this site.

Best of luck to all of you and I drink to the future of G-R.net!  :pint:
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline AndyL

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • Andy's MovieZone
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2008, 03:15:11 PM »
Wow, a triple congratulatory message!  "Roger, how many times has that happened?"  First of all, Marc, congrats on your advancement with Enterprise.  I recently did business with them when my car got rear-ended.  They were absolutely wonderful to me.  Just remember that that big arch does NOT mean there's a McDonald's nearby  :lol:

Secondly to temptation and PFA.  I had a feeling it wouldn't be long before you two moved up the ladder around here.  temptation, your new video forums are a real treat.  Army, you've been a good friend to just about everyone.  I tip my hat to both of you.
"Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Don't you step on its skin
  Oh la la la la, hey, banana
  Womble up de rubbish and put it in de bin!"

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 03:22:43 PM »
A.J. and Carlos, welcome to the club! You'll be receiving keys to the executive washroom shortly.

Marc, congrats on the promotion! Go see a Cardinals game!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 05:13:10 PM by Alfonzo »
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline PriceJunky_8000

• In the Audience
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2008, 03:50:08 PM »
Congratulations guys, I wish you all the best!!!!!!!

Offline Scott

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2008, 06:44:20 PM »
To Marc: I traveled to St. Louis with my family last September, and it was really great.  If you get the chance, check out the Cardinals at Busch Stadium.  It's a fantastic ballpark, and the team is playing really good baseball in the first two weeks of the season.

To Army and Tempty: Welcome to the big time, fellas. 

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2008, 07:01:20 PM »
Congratulations Marc, Army, and Tempty for your advancements in the world.  All the hard work that you have put in has paid off.

Unfortunately for A.J. and Carlos, a salary upgrade does not come with your new position.  Sorry. :biggrin:
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2008, 07:53:18 PM »
Thank you all for your kind words.  I look forward to helping this site continue to be the number one source for Price is Right fans for years to come.  :-)

Offline TPIRfan222

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2008, 07:57:57 PM »
Great news Marc. I wish you the best of luck in the future.

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2008, 08:39:06 PM »
Congratulations to you all!
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline Forrest20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2008, 12:21:00 AM »
Congrats Marc on the promotion and relocation, I hope that you enjoy it!

Also, congrats to Carlos and AJ, welcome to the world of moderation!  The few, the proud, the mods!  :lol:
But seriously, I'm sure you guys will be great!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2008, 10:40:47 AM »
A well-deserved promotion for Allen and Carlos.

To Marc:  I love St. Louis.  I've vacationed there several times.  It's just a six-hour drive from my apartment, and I could drive out to STL again at any time.  You never know... :-D
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2008, 07:46:41 PM »
Sounds like a good job change for you, Marc, though you will be further from Television City. Everything has a drawback, I guess. ;)

Army and Carlos, two well-deserved promotions. Congratulations. Keep playing CSS! :biggrin:
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline thelegendarystm

• In the Audience
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2008, 02:03:42 AM »
Congratulations to all three of you guys :)

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2008, 08:36:54 PM »
Oh man... now Armadillo's can ban me next time I beat him in CSS. :P

Seriously, though, congrats to the both of you on the promotion.

Offline TerryK

• Outside in Line
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2008, 02:57:26 AM »
One thing you may not know...KMOV is one of the few CBS affiliates who delays TPIR!

Yes, KMOV airs TPIR at 11 am instead of the holy hour of 10. 

So when you get to St Louis, make sure you tell your DVR 11 am instead of 10.