Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/29/2008  (Read 12333 times)

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 04/29/2008
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 07:48:47 PM »
That's Too Much - this was a great win. i havent seen it won in a loooooong time. i would have stopped one earlier than him

Grocery Game - another good win. its a good thing she corrected herself before drew went ahead or else she would have been over

Coming or Going - Easy Win

Showcases - i loved that first one and found it ironic it aired after a presidential interruption thingy. those bids werent all that bad, especially compared to yesterdays.

Grade: From what i read, 8/10

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2008, 08:38:51 PM »
The Price is Right Season 36, Game #133 (#6,864)

Showcase #1
Chocolates - $610
Laptop - $1,164
Trailer - $32,610

Showcase #2
Living Room - $8,780
Maid Service - $2,550
Spa - $6,650

Your Modeling Scorecard for April 29, 2008
Rachel Reynolds
Total:  $25,199
What the contestants won:  $16,259, 5
What the contestants lost:  $8,900, 2

After 84 episodes
Prizes:  748 (472-276)
Cars:  81 (28-53)
Trips:  55 (22-33)
Season modeling total so far: $4,047,565

Gabrielle Tuite
Total:  $36,818
What the contestants won:  $22,389, 7
What the contestants lost:  $14,429, 3

After 40 episodes
Prizes:  355 (234-121)
Cars:  36 (19-17)
Trips:  26 (11-15)
Season modeling total so far: $1,946,637

Lanisha Cole
Total:  $74,666
What the contestants won:  $68,016, 6
What the contestants lost:  $6,650, 1

After 55 episodes
Prizes:  494 (315-179)
Cars:  58 (27-31)
Trips:  45 (18-27)
Season modeling total so far: $2,597,631

Prizes that were preempted in cities like New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Atlanta, and Miami
Total:  $28,041
What the contestants won:  $22,692, 10
What the contestants lost:  $5,349, 2

After 2 episodes
Prizes:  23 (21-2)
Cars:  4 (4-0)
Trips:  0 (0-0)
Season modeling total Total preempted so far this season: $117,852

Your 24 prizes total $112,182.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 08:42:00 PM »
I usually don't look for interesting details in the intro, but watching today's full intro on Innertube: I kinda like the new light frame. I never knew those were the G-T asterisks on the frame. Kinda miss the yellow. Was that The Dob cheering up the audience when Sylvia was Called on Down?

Eazy az 123: I just had this feeling the coffee urn might be a little higher than the luggage. Appearances can be deceiving. Well, by natural default instinct, I would've put 1 on the urn. Ha! I laugh at that blooper. Ah, kicking: the ol' Barker way of handling a stubborn pricing game. I laugh even more when Joseph pressed the button and removed the cover sideways. I had to miss this due to preemption????

Spelling Bee: "Bouillabaisse! I got 20 on the nose!" I shrugged at Jennifer's "No Deal" Decision, Flabbergasted (in a good way) at the CAR win, and snickered at the formation of the other cards.

1 Right Price: I forgot if one scuba gear or a pair of them cost over $2000. Plus, I had a hunch the bar would be over $2900. I was right on that logic.

That's Too Much!: That's Too Much?!
From just looking at the truck, mewondered if the price of that would be low. $16,737 is low. I guess a big jump from 16 to 18 gives a clue as to when to yell said show.

Grocery Game: "Good save on the cookies, Cornelia." I laugh at the Peanut Gallery.

One Bid 6: It almost sounded like Drew took a turning view of the Clubhouse before coming back for the One Bid. I think clever shirts like Frank's can put you in Contestant's Row, and bids like Frank's today can put you in the Clubhouse. He does look like Drew when he smiles.

Coming or Going: Just looking at the 8 made me want to Come. If it was a better brand (which I have no idea if there is), then maybe I'll think if I want to Go.

Showcases: When I was at LAX going back home (last month), I was given a huge handful of samples of See's chocolates and they are good.

I cue the sound of Sonic drowning at 1 Right Price.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline phunguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No, Not THAT!?
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2008, 09:03:24 PM »
Congrats to James for the EVERLASTING DOBSTOPPERTM victory, even with the steep jump from $16K to $18K (easy setup?) in That's Too Many Losses!
Creator of the EVERLASTING DOBSTOPPERTM Award as certified by Yahoo! search.

Offline BarbaraE

• In the Audience
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2008, 09:10:33 PM »
Did anyone have stopping problems while watching the show video on the CBS Price Is Right page?  I did.   :-(

Barbara :angel:
In memory of my father Darrell:
July 13, 1944--December 24(Christmas Eve), 2007

I love and miss ya, Pop!  :cry:

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2008, 09:13:27 PM »
Congrats to James for the EVERLASTING DOBSTOPPERTM victory, even with the steep jump from $16K to $18K (easy setup?) in That's Too Many Losses!

How the hell is it "stopping the Dob" if the game was supposed to be won?

(Actually, I think we know the answer -- you just want to use the stupid term.  I'm just pointing it out.)
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2008, 09:20:30 PM »
Opening: What on earth was with that introduction of Drew, Rich?

EZ: Pretty easy setup today. I feel bad for Lanisha.

Spell B: What luck!

ORP: Tough luck! I would've done the exact same thing.

That's Too Hard!: Was won? Pretty easy to tell Roger wanted this won today. You can tell James watched TPiR before Drew started, with his enthusiastic, "That's Too Much!"

IUFB 5: Hooray! MDS plug!

Grocery Game: You tell 'em Cornelia! You could tell she thought the cookies were 50 cents when she was doing the math in her head. She was pretty close!

Coming or Going (AKA If I don't win this I'm stupid like everyone else): I thought Sylvia might lose this like everyone else has with some of the bids she was making in Contestant's Row, but glad to see she won.

SCSD2: Sylvia almost pulled a wheelie on the spin-off, but Drew wasn't paying attention.

Signatures are overrated.

Offline Bully

• In the Audience
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2008, 09:56:03 PM »
Great show!!!
I LOVE the price is right!!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2008, 09:56:41 PM »
The banter between Drew and Joseph was hilarious, with Drew cracking up on how Joseph should address him.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first time this season that a contestant returned to the table to retrieve another block in Eazy az 1 2 3?

Furthermore about Eazy az 1 2 3, is this the first time the reveal buttons didn't work?  It sure was entertaining for Joseph to go over and dislodge it!

Jennifer sort of went the way of our own Philip Cousin when playing Spelling Bee, the first card she picked had some significance; and just like Philip, she won the car.

I laughed at Jennifer's "No Deal!" bit when she refused $5000 in Spelling Bee.

I guess Drew is laying off walking to the camera when throwing to the ticket plug, that will please the people who don't like someone on TV getting in their face.

Wow, That's Too Much is won for the first time in three months!

Yeah, we saw Coming or Going partially spinning around today!  Furthermore, we have our first win in Coming or Going in almost two months!

There was a lot of space between the dollar sign and Jennifer's winnings when the graphic flashed, I wonder what was up with that.

"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Train

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2008, 10:57:45 PM »
Thank God for CBS.com videos.  The Show was preempted here in NYC. 

Easy as 1-2-3:  I like the way Joseph managed to reveal the $750 price on the coffee urn when the model could get the button to reveal it on her own.

Spelling Bee: Jennfer gets a perfect bid of the first item.  Then she scores the "CAR" card on her first pick.

TTM - Finally, a win.  It's just the 4th winner of this difficult game.   James breaks a losing streak that lasts months and several losses.

Grocery Game: When Cornelia hit almost $18 with the Clorox, I thought 5 packs of cookies would win.  She considered six, but the audiance disapproved.  She chose 5, and that won.   One more would have put her over.

Frank wore Drew's glasses for one bid before the last pricing game because he claimed to be Drew's "Twin brother" on his T-shirt.

Ironically, the Showcase round had a presidental skit on the day the show was preempted by a conference by the real President.  George W. Bush.  The showcase itself was a :frts:

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 03:39:22 AM »
Did anyone have stopping problems while watching the show video on the CBS Price Is Right page?  I did.   :-(

Barbara :angel:

Not only won't it load now at 2:40am CST, the episode isn't even up anymore.  CBS.com is slow as hell now.  Thanks Bush for scewing up another episode.

Joe

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2008, 09:57:12 AM »
Innertube worked well today. I think my connection went a little haywire. It's working well now.

Easy: The banter between Joseph and Drew and Joseph coming to the aid of Lanisha for that stuck door was a double HOOT. :lol: Great job.

Spelling: Congrads to Jennifer for nailing an exacta on the first SP and getting the "CAR" card on the 1st try. Amazing.  :-)

1RP: Too bad.

TTM: I think James seen that Ford Range offered before and it pays off. Good to see this one won.

Grocery: Cornelia showed that audience how it's done. Good thing she shed from six to five to prevent a disaster. Great win.

CoG: A WIN!!! YIPPEE!!!! I knew she had it.

Showcases: Jennifer takes it all home with a huge haul of over $51K. What a day!!!

A 4.25-star show.

Offline gamefro

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2008, 03:03:14 PM »
Easy:  Interesting playing.  The banter was great, the blocks were placed one at a time, and the reveal failure/Joseph's "fixing" of it.

Bee:  Lucky CAR card came first.  I guess her birthday was lucky.  That's the first time I've seen a word other than Car spelled out....

TTM:   I was thinking the truck was in the $16k range, and with that low $16 to mid $18 jump, I knew that was the place to stop.  Glad James did too, since he gives the game its first win in a while--I guess it wasn't "too hard" after all.

Grocery:  Good thing Drew didn't hear the 6 cookies, or Cornelia would've lost.

CoG:  Yay! We actually saw the game "coming" from around the turntable today!  Maybe this was a sign of good luck, as our contestant recognized the correct price and broke the game's terrible losing streak.

Overall, a good show!
Gamefro: "Retired" host of TPiR at the University of Nevada, Reno (spring 2003 - spring 2008).