Author Topic: Searching the Golden Gallery?  (Read 4700 times)

Offline joemenosky2021

• Outside in Line
Searching the Golden Gallery?
« on: April 19, 2008, 06:24:39 PM »
I just noticed a rather strange problem with the GG...I searched for something, and then went back to search for something else, but when I'd click a thumbnail, the wrong photo would come up.  Then, when I'd click the "2" to go to the second page of results, it would go to the second page of results from my previous search.

Anyone else experiencing this?  What's the issue and how do I fix this?

Offline car912

• In the Audience
    • PriceIsRight.com - me
Re: Searching the Golden Gallery?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2008, 11:25:07 PM »
I think it has something to do with the gallery system that they use.  For some reason it remembers what you searched for (even if it is incorrect), and which result the image was within that search, so if you search for "wheel", copy the link for the 7th image, search for "turntable", and then paste the link you copied earlier, you'll see the image that is the 7th result for "turntable" instead (I haven't tested this, but I'm pretty sure that those were the symptoms I experienced once).  I've come across this problem when I had a bunch of different browser tabs open, and noticed that the results were getting all screwed up since I searched for one thing in one tab, and searched for something else in another.