Author Topic: "I've Got A Secret" Question  (Read 2567 times)

Offline bro

• In Contestant's Row
"I've Got A Secret" Question
« on: April 20, 2008, 07:35:10 PM »
Just wondering. Since the 1966-1967 (final season) was in color, does anyone know if any of
the final 1960s season IGAS existed in color today?

Offline thmsbl08

• In Contestant's Row
Re: "I've Got A Secret" Question
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 07:38:42 PM »
Have u tried youtube.com? I know theres one show with Bob Barker selling the panels personal stuff!

Offline bro

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 07:47:21 PM »
I wasn't refering 1972-1973 season which I've already seen that episode one time. Speaking of the 1972-1973 season, how many episodes of that show been produced?

Offline padron3141

• In Contestant's Row
  • NYC subway hobbyist: "Mr. R-10", "Mr. 'A' Train".
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 08:22:10 AM »
I wasn't refering 1972-1973 season which I've already seen that episode one time. Speaking of the 1972-1973 season, how many episodes of that show been produced?

One season's worth of approximately 39 episodes were made of the 1972-73 edition of IGAS as hosted by Steve Allen.  They were all videotaped at KTTV's Metromedia Square on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles.
William A. Padron
[Take The "A" Train]

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 04:26:32 PM »
As with What's My Line?, the CBS run of I've Got A Secret was preserved on kinescope in black and white.

That 1972 episode with Bob Barker didn't have him selling anything--he was playing The Price Is Right with audience members bidding on items of the panel's personal stuff.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 08:07:09 PM »
One season's worth of approximately 39 episodes were made of the 1972-73 edition of IGAS as hosted by Steve Allen.  They were all videotaped at KTTV's Metromedia Square on Sunset Boulevard in Los Angeles.

A shame it didn't last. I loved that version.

Does GSN possess any of the four episodes of the ill-fated Bill Cullen version?
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline bro

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 09:09:02 PM »
I happen to love the 1972-1973 version, I would love to have that in my collection.  Does anyone else have an episode guide from the 72-73 season in order?

Thanks for the last message though.

Offline padron3141

• In Contestant's Row
  • NYC subway hobbyist: "Mr. R-10", "Mr. 'A' Train".
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2008, 08:08:50 AM »
Does GSN possess any of the four episodes of the ill-fated Bill Cullen version?

Well, when checking the list of game show episodes that Mark Goodson first leased to Sony in 1992 for their planned Game Show Network, the 1976 IGAS Cullen edition was not in that package.  Ironically, that initial agreement was made exactly two weeks before Goodson's passing, and it also included all available versions of Price, even those episodes hosted by Dennis James. 

The source of that information I had given actually comes from the New York City Department of Finance's ACRIS web site.  I would imagine GSN does not have to this day still those four Cullen IGAS shows, where I was in the audience for the two aired pilot episodes originally taped on Sunday, September 28, 1975 at the CBS Broadcast Center on West 57th Street in Manhattan.
William A. Padron
[Take The "A" Train]

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2008, 08:06:46 PM »
Well, when checking the list of game show episodes that Mark Goodson first leased to Sony in 1992 for their planned Game Show Network, the 1976 IGAS Cullen edition was not in that package.  Ironically, that initial agreement was made exactly two weeks before Goodson's passing, and it also included all available versions of Price, even those episodes hosted by Dennis James. 

The source of that information I had given actually comes from the New York City Department of Finance's ACRIS web site.  I would imagine GSN does not have to this day still those four Cullen IGAS shows, where I was in the audience for the two aired pilot episodes originally taped on Sunday, September 28, 1975 at the CBS Broadcast Center on West 57th Street in Manhattan.

That's a disappointment... I wonder if they still exist. I've wanted for a long time to see how well Bill was able to transition from his traditional panel seat to the host's chair.
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.