Author Topic: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 19--THE END  (Read 27827 times)

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 19--SCSD #2
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2006, 11:02:55 PM »
Gah! Gah! I didn't see it until now!

I don't know how I missed it, either....

Offline Brewer

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 19--SCSD #2
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2006, 01:03:32 AM »
That is enough.  I'll stay.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 19--SHOWCASE
« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2006, 01:14:30 AM »
All right, Brewer is the leader with 85¢, but look out:  here comes sidey, ready to spin the wheel, and he may be getting $1.00!

Oh!  Almost.  Spin it again, sidey, you're looking for 95¢... here it comes if it slows down!

No, but 85¢ gives you 90¢ total, and that's enough to win, so you are going to be in the showcase next!

CrimsonViper is the top winner, sideshowPA is the runner-up, and here is the first showcase!

Rich:  This showcase features prizes delivered to our Price is Right train depot, and here she comes now, loaded with prizes!  And on the first car is a fun saxophone!  This Keilwerth JK3300 tenor saxophone has a black nickel-plated body with a protective clear lacquer finish and gold lacquer keys, mother of pearl finger buttons, larger bow section, adjustable thumb rest, adjustable palm keys, hydraulically formed neck, leather pads with metal resonators, and key clamps, as well as a Sax Mover deluxe nylon-covered wood case with plush interior.

And on the next flat bed is an exciting trip to Mexico!  How a train can deliver a trip, we have no idea either, but you and a guest will fly round-trip from Los Angeles to Cabo San Lucas for a 6-night stay at the Pueblo Bonito, where you'll enjoy all the amenities of staying at as nice a place as Cabo San Lucas.

And finally, instead of a caboose, we have a new boat!  The Catalina 250 Wing Keel 25-foot sailboat is great fun for the whole family out on the nice seas of the country, looking at all of the beautiful water all around.  And this showcase, which features prizes delivered by our priceless train depot, can be yours if the price is right!

And Crimson, is this your showcase, or does it belong to sidey?

Offline CrimsonViper

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2006, 01:18:58 AM »
I believe I'll pass.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2006, 01:21:53 AM »
Well sideshow, aren't you lucky?  Crimson has quite generously allowed you to have this first showcase.  What's going to be your bid on this?

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #125 on: July 27, 2006, 07:56:51 AM »
Remember, sidey, that's the big $28,000 sailboat.  Better bid at least $30,000.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Gatorman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2006, 10:31:22 AM »
I would bid $33,900, but use your own judgment.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2006, 02:51:02 PM »
Some very wise suggestions.  But I have to ask...why the hell is a boat being delivered via train?  

Anyway, I am a bit worried that the trip is a cheapie.  I'll bid $32,700
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2006, 04:17:23 PM »
[color=0000FF]*Image deleted.[/color]

[color=009900]ding![/color]

All right, sidey has a bid of $32,700, and now Crimsey, this is your showcase!

Rich:  This showcase visits the dock at Port o' Price, where a new shipment of prizes is just being delivered, and we can see that the first prize being shipped in is is a fun saxophone!  This Swing Street Artist series tenor saxophone has a brass body with gold lacquer, height-adjustable bell keys, Selmer USA mouthpiece, and hard shell ABS case.

The next prize our ship is bringing in is an exciting trip to Mexico!  How a tugboat can deliver a trip, we have no idea either, but you and a guest will fly round-trip from Los Angeles to Acapulco for a 6-night stay at the Roman Palace, where you'll enjoy all the amenities of staying at as nice a place as Acapulco.

And finally, instead of a boat, we have a... uh, a boat!  The Crowline 180BR Bowliner 18-foot boat is great fun for the whole family out on the nice seas of the country, looking at all of the beautiful water all around.  And this showcase, where we did a little dock watching, can be yours if the price is right!

And Crimson, we await your bid.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2006, 04:19:07 PM »
It's deja-vu all over again!
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline CrimsonViper

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #130 on: July 28, 2006, 12:43:59 AM »
I'll just bid $26,710.  

I'll share my Showcase with you, sideshow, if I win. :-P

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 19--THE END
« Reply #131 on: July 28, 2006, 01:35:42 AM »

All right, and now to see who has won.  I'm pretty sure the winner will be the person who had the saxophone, boat, and trip to Mexico in his showcase.  Call it a hunch on my part.  Now sidey, you bid $32,700 on your showcase.  And sidey, the actual retail price of your showcase is...

$40,904!  A difference of...

[color=009900]ding![/color]

$8204.  Now Crimson, in order for you to win, you must be closer than $8204 without going over.  Now Crimson, as you may recall, you bid $26,710 on your showcase.  And Crimson, the actual retail price of your showcase is...

$28,161, you win, with a difference of?

[color=009900]dingdingdingdingdingdingdingding![/color]

Difference of $1451, excellent bid on your part, Crimson.

Crimson, you have won $33,058 in cash and prizes, including that boat!  Everyone loves boats!  Frank thanking you for not winning any of the expensive stuff on the show today, allowing our budget to not be spread too thin for the future!  Goodbye everybody!

CrimsonViper:  $33,058
LiteBulb88:  $4795
sideshowPA:  $2228
Brewer:  $2129
Punchboard91:  $1595
Futuregsh:  $949

*This is the first time since Episode 4 that the 5th pricing game was lost.  Not that I haven't tried, either.

*This is also the first time ever that fewer than 2 games were won:  Flip Flop was our only win of the day.  Good thing Garvin didn't play it!

*And the FPG:  who won it?  Well, since no one picked Time is Money or Spelling Bee, Roger wins!  But since he doesn't participate in these things, guess I'll have to give it to the person who put Golden Road in the right slot, and Credit Card in the wrong slot... ucb2912, you are the winner!  And as such, you are granted a first four pass, to use anytime within the next five shows to gain you automatic access to contestants' row at the start of the show!

Offline CrimsonViper

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2006, 01:52:54 AM »
Thank you for all the fun (and heartbreak) Frank!  And I really, really wanted to see a budget-busted show next time around.  Oh well.

Offline ucb2912

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2006, 06:21:04 AM »
Woohoo! This definitely makes up for the fact that I wasn't called down!

Sidenote: My computer broke down, and based off how fast your shows go I might not be around for the next 5 episodes. Just so you know...

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #134 on: July 28, 2006, 06:40:42 AM »
Well really, that's more like the 10-second rule, in that I'm not too likely to enforce that.  I just don't want to have to keep track forever about who has passes when, and if I have to keep track of how many passes dozens of people have... gets kinda' tricky.  So um, just use it whenever you are able.  Or eventually.