Author Topic: "Priority Tickets": What does that mean?  (Read 13259 times)

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
"Priority Tickets": What does that mean?
« on: April 26, 2008, 11:45:01 AM »
My friend is going to be in LA and, on his free day, got "priority tickets" to see the show.

His question (and I checked the sticky and didn't see a direct answer) is what time do they (it's a small group) need to show up to get in?

He wants to be there at 8AM but I suggested 6AM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: "Priority Tickets": What does that mean?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 01:36:50 PM »
Did he get the tickets from somewhere other than the CBS website and is NOT a cardstock ticket - say TVTix or Hollywood Tix? I know that the last time I went in January they had groups from Hollywood Tix and TVTix that had "priority" tickets which allowed them to arrive at a later time because they were considered a "group" for the purposes of numbering - but they too also had to get priority numbers within the group and arrive before 9 AM.  I would suggest showing up at 7 AM - since that's the time that the earliest TVTix group arrived and got into the show.

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 05:04:06 PM »
Voltaire,

I believe...both. I told him I wasn't sure how TVTix worked so he got tix from CBS.com as well.

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 07:22:30 PM »
TVTix, Hollywood Tix, and Audiences Unlimited/TvTickets all work the same - Basically everyone with those tickets are considered part of a "group" and they have a later arrival time.  Since they are considered as part of a group and basically have guaranteed seats, you do not have to show up until 9 AM for the 1PM show or 12 noon for the 4PM show.  Any earlier arrival time will not result in better seats, because groups are designated their seats beforehand.  Remember that even though you are guaranteed seats, the first priority numbers/contestant cards will go to those with the CBS online tickets, and therefore will have better seats than any of the other tickets or groups. 

However, if your friend does want to use the CBS tickets, they'll have to go through the entire process described in the "So You're Going to Visit The Price is Right" thread in this forum, in which case I'd recommend arriving before 6 AM.

Offline jaydlewis

• Double Showcase Winner
    • QWIZX.com
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 10:21:52 PM »
Thanks for the help!