Author Topic: CSS Results for May 2  (Read 2127 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for May 2
« on: May 02, 2008, 01:43:21 PM »
And so the week of CSS draws to its close. Poetic, innit? 8)

Chief-O's had a good week. Points all five days, two DSWs with cash... not bad, not bad. Lot of different people doing well this week too, including Chad1787's first win of the season. He's below the line and won't be able to catch up in time for playoffs, but still... nicely done today. Unfortunately, Fireball and FieldsFan are kicking themselves for blowing DSWs today, and I just garfed!

Two bikes, the less expensive of the Kawasaki's, around $6,400 if memory serves. I think many people priced for the more expensive bikes and this resulted in the large number of overbids on that showcase. The Aico furniture was pricey and that made up the balance of this.

The West Wight Potter... most people have it down. The Monte Carlo trip was expensive, some people didn't remember that (hello!) and so there were some rather impressive garfs... (hello again!) But the good outweighs the bad today, so be happy, have a nice weekend, and I'll see you all next week!

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for May 2, 2008 -- Game 132

[attachment deleted by admin]
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
Re: CSS Results for May 2
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 01:47:35 PM »
Not bad at all, even if I did come up second-best twice.  Those points look really, really nice right about now.

Good thing I backed out of my original instinct of $27,770 on the boat, too.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 02:05:41 PM »
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 02:50:01 PM »
I was on target with the bikes and TV.  It's just that the AICO furniture wasn't $10,000.

:headbang:
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 02:57:58 PM »
Great day for me, but against Armadillo, even great isn't enough sometimes.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2008, 03:05:34 PM »
Today's playing marks the return of the series between myself and pathfinder20, and it couldn't have gotten off to a much better start for me this year.  Thanks to pathy feeling the wrath of a double overbid, I take the lead:  one dogbone for me and no mallets for him!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

:-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline stormy41992

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I'll Miss You Bob!
    • TV & Game Shows
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2008, 03:33:42 PM »
i stormy'd yet missed the Boat of Doom? i call that a blessing!

until Monday, or Sunday for TPIR '08...
STORMY'S STATS FOR HIS 2ND SEASON OF CSS: [Wins: 0] [Top 10/5 Finishes: 3/1] [DSWs: 0] [Overbids/WSDs: 0/0] [Lowest SC Difference: $857] [Games Played: 6] [Current No-OVER Streak: 6]
SCORE OF THE FIRST EVER "FRIENDLY" RIVALRY: Stormy41992 - 2////cu2010 - 2

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 03:41:45 PM »
I also thought I smelled another expensive Splendido like 985's QSW last Friday, but it seems the furniture was cheap for Aico. DOB was just plain evil to STAGE PLAYER though...but that's a good thing to all of you, so never mind... :oldlol:
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 03:44:37 PM »
Chief-O's had a good week. Points all five days, two DSWs with cash... not bad, not bad.

I knew about the DSW's [and I can say, I think I've figured this silly thing out], but points all 5 days??? Have you done your math correctly, oh mighty musician-turned-CSS host?

Offline LudwigMackdaddy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 05:23:31 PM »
 Um.. not only to cheer for my safety garfs in the insanity of people claming both of those SCs were goign to be 30 K.. but here is a post to delcare that    Buddy Tom  is a musician AND a CSS host .. and a staggerigly  amazing one at that--please watch your nomenclature Chief O :)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 05:37:46 PM »
I knew about the DSW's [and I can say, I think I've figured this silly thing out], but points all 5 days??? Have you done your math correctly, oh mighty musician-turned-CSS host?

Yes. I'm sure. Here's the breakdown:

Monday 4/28: 83.90
Tuesday 4/29: 77.21
Wednesday 4/30: 188.35
Thursday 5/1: 81.72
Friday 5/2: 346.83
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 06:30:34 PM »
Excuse me, I clearly misread things. I thought you meant I got money each day!!!!

Oh well.