Author Topic: Madonna's TMDS #1: THE END (Rich, you're going to make everyone very "cross"!)  (Read 27854 times)

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Madonna's TMDS #1 (Spinoff/bonus spin: Kourtney spins)
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2006, 05:02:00 PM »
I'm going to be open and up front about something, just for the sake of stifling any thoughts of rigging where this is concerned.

While I am quite fond of everyone on this forum, Alfonzo and I are what I'd consider to be pretty good friends. We have exchanged several emails back and forth and discussed things outside of The Price Is Right.

If I were going to rig this Showcase Showdown, why is it that the contestant I'm closest with here is the one sitting behind the producer's table, while the other three are still alive? Wouldn't I rig it so that, say, Alfonzo was in and someone else was out? Or even rig it so all FOUR contestants spun $1.00 and we were about to have a four player bonus spin/spinoff?

Better yet, as I said, why not have rigged a $1,000,000 winner from earlier so someone had a chance to max out in cash?

The wheel spins are based upon a D-20. I roll AFTER a contestant gives me a number. And, yes, on both Kourtney and Jordan's spins, I rolled 19 and 10, respectively. It's a 1 in 20 blind guess, and three contestants managed to guess right (though Pathy needed two spins). What was I supposed to do - rig one or two of them to 70 cents so it wouldn't look so funny?

As far as the Card Game setup, I had planned on posting notes and tidbits on all the games played after the Showcases conclude. I still intend to. We'll discuss that then.

I am upset over what you posted, and don't take kindly to being accused of dishonesty.

Thank you, Frank and Alfonzo. I am grateful for your support, your help, and for speaking up for me on this.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline Futuregsh

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2006, 05:17:28 PM »
I think the accusation that ANY of us RIGS our online games is just horrible.  Many of us are friends here, and as such, I think we all go out of our way to make sure that there is NOTHING improper about game play.  As Madonna pointed out, had she wanted to rig it, she would have had the outcome different.  I do everything I can to make sure NOTHING is unfair.  I literally put people's names on paper, put it in a bowl, and draw them out RANDOMLY.  I do the same for the wheel, except that I assign random numbers from 1-20 for EVERY POSSIBLE SPIN PRIOR to getting numbers from people.  They are assigned prior to the show.

Shellgame, I'm sorry, but I think your accusation is WAY out of line.  That's the thing about random, sometimes it goes very mysterious.  Other times, even more so.

Just my two cents on this...

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2006, 05:27:34 PM »
Anything that needs to be done randomly I do either with a real D-20, with random.org, or in the case of Card Game, a real deck of cards (which was shuffled very well, and which was why Shellgame's system of thinking I put an ace under particular numbers DID NOT WORK).

Anything that was a genuine test of pricing/knowledge has been done with actual retail prices (obtained either from manufacturer's websites, or site like Best Buy or Amazon which give the actual retail price so customers know how much they're saving, or THE ACTUAL SHOW).

While there have been a few typos and a few grapical errors (ie. inverted Give Or Keep, accidentially keeping the $10,000 graphic on the first posting of the Plinko board), I have gone out of my way to make sure everything is accurate, fair and honest.

And here's two good reasons as to why:

1. My mother taught me NOT to lie or cheat. To do so would disrespect her memory, as far as I'm concerned.

2. Do unto others as you'd want done unto you. I wouldn't want anyone else hosting a game here to rig it while I was playing, so I'm not going to rig other people.

The bottom line is, there is a system, and just as the actual wheel sometimes manages to get "hot" (as Bob puts it), my little cyberwheel has done the same. Everyone spinning that wheel has a 1 in 20 shot of picking the right number, and it just so happens that it happened three times in the last day or so.

I really don't have much else to say on the matter. Thank you, Futuregsh.

While we're waiting for Kourtney to spin, now might really be a good time for a smoke - and a martini.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2006, 07:21:24 PM »
There goes that dollar, and it's not going to make it back around. No more money, but you might have a pretty tough score...

95 cents! A very good score, indeed... Go take your place back over there.

*resets the wheel back to a nickel* Your spin now, Pathy..

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
Re: Madonna's TMDS #1 (Spinoff/bonus spin: Pathfinder2119 spins)
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2006, 07:49:55 AM »
15!

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Madonna's TMDS #1 (Spinoff/bonus spin: Pathfinder2119 spins)
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2006, 02:48:19 PM »
And here's Pathy's spin.. No more money, either, but let's see what your score will be...

40 cents. That puts you in second place for the moment, and Kourtney, you will move onto the Showcases..

*resets the wheel to a nickel* And now you're spin, Jordan...

Offline Jordanar18

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Currently, I live in the past.
Re: Madonna's TMDS #1 (Spinoff/bonus spin: Jordarnar18 spins)
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2006, 03:15:31 PM »
20!

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2006, 07:00:24 PM »
Now there goes that dollar.. Is it going to stop.. No... No more money for him, either, but let's see what he gets.. Will he force another spinoff?

No, not quite. Jordan, thank you for joining in this extravaganza!

And what do you know? It's the two Pathfinders who will be in the showcases! And they'll take place right after this!

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2006, 07:16:35 PM »
Before we head into the Showcases, I would like to ask if anyone would be willing to do a nifty recap when it's all said and done? If so, I will be eternally grateful.. :)

------------------------------------------------

Here we go! It's Showcase time on The Price Is Right, in our very own Battle Of The Pathfinders!

The top winner in the showcase is Pathfinder2119! And the runner up is Kourtney (nee Pathfinder20)!

Each of you will have a showcase of beautiful prizes to bid on, and the one of the closest to the actual retail price of their own showcase will win it! But if you are the winner, and $250 or less away from the actual retail price of your own showcase, we - along with Bill Gates - will have the pleasure of giving you both showcases!

Pathfinder2119, as the top winner, you can either decide if you want to bid on showcase #1, or pass it to Kourtney and bid on showcase #2...

And now with that squared away, let's see showcase #1!

Rich: “This showcase is inspired by April Fool’s, that day full of tricks! And you can buy plenty of gag gifts with $25,000 in cash!”

“And, you can go to a city famous for hat ‘tricks’, Montreal! You and a guest will fly roundtrip from Los Angeles to Montreal via Northwest Airlines World Vacations. You’ll each spend 7 nights in your own room at the Delta Montreal. We’ve also included a rental car, and travel protection plan.”

“And when you get home, you’ll have more chances to perform tricks on the water, with this pair of new watercraft! The Seadoo RTX watercraft seats up to three passengers, and has arm-stretching acceleration with a 215 horsepower engine and handling that’ll take you anywhere you want to go!”

“Lastly, don’t get too carried away playing tricks, because it wouldn’t be so funny to have someone tow away your boss’s new cars!”

“First, this Cadillac STS-V, which includes a 4.4 liter, supercharged V8 Northstar engine which delivers 469 horsepower, a six speed automatic transmission, 18 inch painted aluminum wheels, engine block heater, four wheel disc brakes, remote keyless entry and ignition, full leather seats with heated front seats, eight-way power driver’s seat, premium paint, 15 speaker surround sound Bose 5.1 sound system with AM/FM and 6-disc in-dash CD player, rear passenger A/V jacks, digital clock, and a power tilt-sliding sunroof!”

“Next, this Cadillac XLR-V, which includes a 4.4 liter, supercharged V8 Northstar engine which delivers 443 horsepower, six speed automatic transmission, 19 inch silver-painted aluminum wheels, full leather seats with built-in heating and cooling and integrated audio system, 8 way power driver’s seat, remote keyless entry and ignition, and steerable headlamps with built-in washers.”

“And this showcase, inspired by ‘tricks’, can be yours if the price is right!”

Pathy, are you a'biddin' or a'passin'?

Offline Futuregsh

• TPiR Alumnus
Re: Madonna's TMDS #1 (Showcase #1)
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2006, 07:19:12 PM »
Whomever bids, I would say $206,000

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2006, 04:02:11 PM »
I'll bid, and my bid is $206,000!

(And this is off-topic, but Kourtney, thank you for referring to yourself as that now, because it used to to be a lot more confusing under your old name.)

Offline CANUKTPiRFan

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2006, 04:43:36 PM »
good one pathfinder

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2006, 05:41:15 PM »
Pathy bids $206,000... *ding*

And now Kourtney.. Take a look at your showcase!

Rich: “Your showcase pays tribute to the world’s oldest profession. And, we start your showcase with the hit movie about the world’s oldest profession – it’s Pretty Woman on DVD!”

*out walks Brandi, dressed like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman*

Maddy: “It’s not as good as Desperately Seeking Susan, but hey.. At least it’s not Ishtar…”

Rich: “And, like our dear 'Vivian', you too can walk the street in style in your own thigh-high boots! These black-patent vinyl thigh-high boots have 5 inch spiked heels and are guaranteed to get you noticed!”

Maddy: “Uhhh, I think we can get them in your size.. Not that I know anyone who wears them anyway” *looks down at her own legs* “Uhh, let’s move on…”

Rich: “Oh, dear. 'Vivian' got a scuff mark on her boot. But she can fix them up in a hurry, with these new magic markers!”

Maddy: “Whew, thank goodness! Her boots are shiny once again.. Uhh, what’s next?”

Rich: “Working the streets can get you in trouble, so we offer you a supply of Get Out Of Jail Free cards! This set of 20 Get Out Of Jail Free cards won’t get you out of the iron bar hotel, but they’ll certainly bring plenty of laughs!”

Maddy: “Oh, dear… I’m not sure Standards & Practices is thrilled… Go on, Rich.”

Rich: “And, finally, you and your ‘boss’ can ride in style, in this 1986 Monte Carlo! This ‘tricked-out’ Monte Carlo comes complete with wide rims, fur-covered seats, metallic purple paint job with ‘Pimpin’ Ain’t Easy’ painted on the trunk!”

“And unlike poor 'Vivian'” *‘Vivian’ tries to come onto Bob, who whips out a badge and slaps a handcuff on her wrist*, “You’re won’t be on your way to jail if the price is right!”

Alright, Kourtney! That is your showcase! What do you bid?!

Offline Futuregsh

• TPiR Alumnus
Re: Madonna's TMDS #1 (Showcase #2... Oh, dear.)
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2006, 07:07:33 PM »
Uh, yeah, maybe $15,000????