Author Topic: Madonna's TMDS #1: THE END (Rich, you're going to make everyone very "cross"!)  (Read 27776 times)

Offline CANUKTPiRFan

• In Contestant's Row
Re: Madonna's TMDS #1 (Showcase #2... Oh, dear.)
« Reply #75 on: May 25, 2006, 07:23:35 PM »
$10483 (my birthday 1/04/83)

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #76 on: May 25, 2006, 08:46:37 PM »
I have no idea what to do with this showcase. I can't pass it so to play smartly, I am going to bid $1985 (my birth year).
(and you are welcome pathfinder2119... :lol: )

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #77 on: May 25, 2006, 11:07:39 PM »
Well, you know Kourtney, that was all we could offer you. We ran out of money. The checks bounced. Sorry...

Now, Kourtney's bid is $1,985, and.... Hahahahaha!

Oh, come on. Did you REALLY think we'd offer you that junk? April Fool's (a bit late, but still).. That's not your showcase. We wouldn't wish that stuff upon anyone, well, except...

*Maddy walks over to Brandi, examines the boots* Please box them back up and leave those in my dressing room after the show. Thanks!

Now, Rich... We played a joke on Kourtney here...

Rich (still looking quite shocked at the "showcase" he just described): "We sure did, Madge."

Maddy: "Now, I know we really have something nice for Kourtney, don't we?"

Rich: "As a matter of fact, we do... Two new sportscars! These Ford GT’s come with a 5.4 liter 550 horsepower engine, 6 speed manual transmissions, McIntosh Audiophile sound system with in-dash single CD player, and painted forged aluminum wheels.”

“And this showcase, featuring two sports car, and not a little trouble, CAN be yours if the price is right!”

There you go, Kourtney... Isn't that much better? What do you bid on your showcase?

(And, yes, you're just bidding on the GT's, not the previous "showcase")
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Madonna's TMDS #1 (Showcase #2... Kourtney's REAL showcase)
« Reply #78 on: May 25, 2006, 11:10:31 PM »
Just out of curiosity, did I give you the idea to do this, or did you just already have this planned?  Can't say I was expecting it.  Not at the end of May ;-).

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #79 on: May 25, 2006, 11:14:29 PM »
I had this planned out all along... One of my all-time favorite TPIR moments was the 1983 April Fool's showcase. But I thought "A 'home decorating tips' showcase where everything gets destroy? Already did that..."

But the most politically incorrect showcase ever? Ah-hah! Perfect! Especially with it being such a cheap "showcase" after all the previous goodies offered...

Throw in the "tricks" themed showcase beforehand (so the person bidding on showcase #2 would let their guard down), then boom! Lay the real trick on them...

(And, no, I couldn't even begin to guess what that "showcase" was worth, haha)...

But, yes, this was always part of the plan.. :lol:

Offline CANUKTPiRFan

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #80 on: May 25, 2006, 11:31:58 PM »
that was a funny joke you played on kourtney(Pathfinder 20)

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2006, 12:36:56 AM »
Good one, Madonna... :lol:   I can't believe I have a chance to win a pair of Ford GTs :-o   I know those cars can be expensive so my bid is $285,000.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2006, 01:36:32 AM »
And Kourtney has given us a bid of $285,000 *ding*

---------------------------------

Kourtney, you bid $285,000 on your showcase. The actual retail price of your showcase is.... $306,690, for a difference of... $21,690.

Pathy, you must be closer to the actual retail price of your showcase to win. And the actual retail price of your showcase is.... $228,824, for a difference of... $22,824.

Kourtney, you win! You have won a grand total of $315,536 in cash and prizes! Go on over there and take a look at your new automobiles!

Pathy, thank you for being on the show!

This is Madonna, reminding you to help control the pest population: Have a Federline spayed or neutered. Goodnight everybody!

Rich (while strapped to a 20 foot mirrored crucifix): "This is Rich Fields, speaking for The Price Is Right! A Mark Goodson Television Production. Don't stay tuned for Madonna live from the Confessions Tour on these CBS stations - it's too damned hot and controversial for network television!"

I will add my thoughts later tonight, but in the meantime, here is the list of contestants and their winnings from our debut extravaganza:

Kourtney Wilson: $315,536
rob79: $141,383
Jordanar18: $79,279
sideshowPA: $60,121
pathfinder2119: $56,820
Sternal: $54,500
PriceFanArmadillo: $54,200
Alfonzo: $39,314
Frank15: $9,975
Fireball: $5,890
jhc2010: $5,448
shellgame69: $4,395

Thank you to everyone who took part, offered their thoughts or gave assistance throughout this show. Without you... Well, I would've been talking to myself! :-P

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
You're welcome.  I guess I was part of it.  One of the losers who didn't even make it out of the first quarter of the show.  Ah well.  Fun odd show!

Offline Garvin8r

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Great show Maddy.  What a haul in the showcases!

However, I feel that one more thing must be done before striking the set.  *goes over to Rich and unties him from the cross*

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
Frank: Of course you were a part of it.. And 20 years from now, you'll be the answer to a trivia question: Who was the first contestant to win their way up on stage in one of my shows...

Let's hope you get better luck in the second.

Garvin: I am glad you enjoyed it.. I think I succeeded in my goal of breaking Billy's bank.. :lol:

And, thank you for letting Rich down... I can't believe that slipped my mind.. Sorry, Rich!

I do welcome comments, suggestions or any thoughts any of you have on my first effort. In the meantime, I will share what was going through my warped little mind throughout the production of this show...

First four calldown: I had always wanted to see Bob or anyone else called down as a joke, so I figured, why not? Then, for the heck of it, decided to add Ken Jennings to the list - after all, you'd have to imagine he's the last person The Dob would want to see on Contestant's Row!

Golden Road: How can you not launch a TMDS without this game? Honestly, I was quite worried the second prize was way too easy, and quite shocked when Frank went for the 0... Ouch. Sorry about that.

And, for any of you who are curious, the Vipers came to $172,890...

1/2 Off: I probably should've kept 10 and 13 (as opposed to 10 and 14) as the last two boxes to make things a little more challenging.. But, regardless, Sternal now goes down as the first contestant to win a pricing game on one of my shows...

IUFB #3: Handling it the way I did was not an easy decision, but under the circumstances, there would've been problems keeping GB in the game. I know a few people were quite stumped that I'd toss that IUFB, but GB gave a perfect bid, and had I left it, I could just picture some very angry contestants over the fact Fireball would've come down, inheritated GB's perfect bid and "won his way on stage by doing nothing". I did what I thought was fair for everyone involved. :-?

The Bullseye/Money Game prank: We've had April Fool's showcases, why not an April Fool's pricing game? And what better game to freak someone out than Bullseye I?

I never gave a range because Bullseye was never intended to be played, obviously... It was a prop used for a joke. Had Alfonzo guessed the price right, I would've awarded to him, but that was not something I wanted to see happen. :-P

Alfonzo, again, thanks for your great sense of humor. :)

Bonus Game: Hopefully Fireball isn't upset still, nor stabbing needles into a Maddy voodoo doll. That was a huge disappointment for me to watch unfold, considering that Fireball is always the one to chime in with "Yay! Bonus Game!" everytime it's played on TV... Sorry, Fireball. I hope that didn't ruin your love for the game...

Hole In One: Now, you just know I had to play this game, between my love for it, my love of golf in general, and Happy Gilmore.. And, obvously, extra motivation that I could toss in a few Happy Gilmore quotes during its playing. :lol:

Hurdles: Well, I warned everyone there'd be retired games, and how could I not make use of my favorite retired pricing game in my debut show?

Triple Play: I admit, I cringed when Rob won his way up on stage for this one. Why? Because I knew if he got past the Ram, he had a very easy win.. The first pricing game I ever won on G-R.net was Lucky Seven for that exact same Corvette in one of Rob's shows.

The Ram, though, I did set up to be tough... Any of those three prices for it looked reasonable.. Rob picked the right one, and that was all she wrote.

Give Or Keep: Well, I had figured while "scripting" the show (picking prizes and games to use) to go with two retired games.. I figured Give Or Keep would be easier to handle than Super Ball - minor graphics error aside...

Punchboard: While Pathy was a great contestant and a lot of fun, I'm not going to lie: I was secretly hoping Punchy would win his way up for that game, for obvious reasons...

At first, I considered randomly setting the board, but thought better of it. But, there were a few numbers I couldn't use for the $50,000 slips because it'd be too bloody obvious: 3 (Dale Earnhardt), 9 (Reggie Jackson), 10 (already used that for 1/2 Off), 13 (Kurt Warner/Madonna's favorite number), 28 (Marshall Faulk) and 44 (Jackson/Jerry West)...

So, it dawned on me: Ah-hah! 80's Dodgers... Couldn't do 55 (Hershiser), because there aren't 55 holes.. So I picked 34 (Fernando Valenzuela)... and 23 (Kirk Gibson).

Needless to say, I was quite shocked when Pathy picked 23... Any particular reason you went with that hole?

As for Wink and The Dragon, well.. That should be obvious. :-P

Safe Crackers" Always loved this game myself.. Probably should've made it a little harder, but no regrets.. I wanted it played, and it was played.

Card Game: I am sure Shellgame hates me for this game (and other things), and thinks the playing of this game is "proof" of rigging...

First off, Shelly tried way too hard to pick particular numbers, thinking I set the deck myself and picked where to put aces. No. I literally shuffled a deck of cards, and each time Shelly picked a number, I counted out cards, flipped out the card he/she picked, posted the image of it and changed the graphic (the bid)..

Second, I wanted to see the game actually played.. Not 3-4 cards drawn and seeing the contestant stop... I figured there's 52 cards in that deck, let's actually make use of some of them!

Third, this game was set up as a test.. We all gripe in the recaps about contestants bailing out too soon. I wanted to set this game up in a way to see if the person playing it would bail out as well, or keep playing... :-?

Plinko: I am sure everyone wondered what the heck I was doing playing THIS game, considering I'm not a big fan of it.. Of course, you all saw why before the fourth Showcase Showdown... Needless to say, Plinko has been retired from my shows.

Showcase Showdown controversy: All I'm going to say here is none of these spins were rigged, and I don't feel an apology is unreasonable.

Showcases: Two things here...

1. I wanted to break the bank and offer the two most expensive showcases in history, plain and simple. And I'd say I did that, considering both showcases combined were over $535,000...

2. I hope nobody read anything into my use of Brandi with the "Most politically incorrect showcase ever". I wasn't implying anything by putting her in that role, I did it because she has a slight resemblence to Julia Roberts, and therefore I felt she would work the best for such a showcase. Between offering Pretty Woman on DVD, the boots, and coloring over scuff marks on them, she popped into my head to model the showcase because of that resemblence...

Lastly, this was supposed to be fun, and I hope it was fun.. I wanted some fun playings, some excitement, and obviously some laughs.. There was never any intention to screw anyone, rig anything or offend anyone.

I do hope you guys enjoyed it, and please feel free to share your thoughts.

Offline shellgame69

• Taking a Bonus Spin
I know, Madoona.  I got in over my head and accused you for seeting the ARP too high and blaming you for thinking the wheel was rigged.  Sorry for the accusations.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net

Madonna wrote:
Bonus Game: Hopefully Fireball isn't upset still, nor stabbing needles into a Maddy voodoo doll. That was a huge disappointment for me to watch unfold, considering that Fireball is always the one to chime in with "Yay! Bonus Game!" everytime it's played on TV... Sorry, Fireball. I hope that didn't ruin your love for the game...

Despite that horrid Bonus Game wipeout, I had a great time on your show and watching your show.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline ucb2912

• Walking the Golden Road
Great show Maddy! Your expensive prizes, good jokes, and the wild antics made this the best TPIR show on the net! When's the next show? Cant wait for it.

Hope you keep hosting until the end of time (or at least the end of the forums)!

ucb2912

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
I have really enjoyed the show, Madonna.  I hope to do another one sometimes in the future.  (runs to the set of Ford GTs)  I would never thought I will be the winner of a 300K+ showcase!!
(Now what how in the world I am going to pay my insurance bill? :-? ) :lol: