Author Topic: Madonna's TMDS #1: THE END (Rich, you're going to make everyone very "cross"!)  (Read 27616 times)

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner

shellgame69 wrote:
I know, Madoona.  I got in over my head and accused you for seeting the ARP too high and blaming you for thinking the wheel was rigged.  Sorry for the accusations.

Thank you for the apology, Shelly, and it is accepted..

As far as the ARP on your car, as well as any other car I used on the show: I loaded them to hell and back with options. I went to the car company's websites, selected "build your own" and stuck every option on that I could - hence why you played for a $37,000 Durano when the base price is around $27,000-$28,000...

I felt with the kind of prizes and money being thrown around (ie. 9 car games and 3 cash games), what fun would it be to play for "base" cars or a couple options?

Again, I am grateful for the apology. Thank you. :)

BRB_TheFireball wrote:
Despite that horrid Bonus Game wipeout, I had a great time on your show and watching your show.

I am glad you enjoyed it, Fireball. :) I am also glad that wipeout didn't ruin your enjoyment of Bonus Game...

I'll go off on a rant about Paramount's greed when it comes to Star Trek (which of course the prize next to the "Bonus" window), but I'll spare everyone.. Let's just say out of the classic TV shows I'm such a fanatic over, Star Trek on DVD is far more expensive than any of the others, and Paramount hasn't made too many friends over it...

(In fact: ARP of one season of Star Trek on DVD: $130.. ARP of all THREE seasons of Wonder Woman on DVD: $120. Isn't there something wrong with that picture?)

But, I am glad you had fun. I wanted it to be a fun, wacky show, win or lose.. :)

ucb2912 wrote:
Great show Maddy! Your expensive prizes, good jokes, and the wild antics made this the best TPIR show on the net! When's the next show? Cant wait for it.

Thank you, ucb! I am glad you had fun as well.. :)

I'm hoping to start the next show in a month or so. Depends on how hectic things are. Summer sometimes can get a little crazy, and this summer is going to kick off with a wild night in just eight days...

But, there will be more in the future. In fact, I already have the theme for show #2 in my head, it's just a matter of getting everything ready to go.. :lol:

Though, as far as future 12 game/5 Showcase Showdown shows? Once, maybe twice a year at most. They do take a lot of work to setup and run. But I'll certainly do some "standard" 6 pricing game shows in the meantime...

Kourtney Wilson wrote:
I have really enjoyed the show, Madonna.  I hope to do another one sometimes in the future.  (runs to the set of Ford GTs)  I would never thought I will be the winner of a 300K+ showcase!!
(Now what how in the world I am going to pay my insurance bill? :-? ) :lol:

I don't think anyone has ever offered a $300,000+ showcase before.. Isn't history fun?  :-D

As for the insurance, not sure I can help you there.. :lol:

Glad you had fun, though..
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
Deb. you know I had a blast! :-D

I nearly dropped a brick when I saw I had to play Bulseye I. BEST PLAY ALONG PRANK EVER!!!!!

I still can believe I beat Frank in the Showcase Showdown with a dollar by using '80s song references.

Lots of fun, and I definitely can't wait for the next one!
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner

Alfonzo wrote:
Deb. you know I had a blast! :-D

I nearly dropped a brick when I saw I had to play Bulseye I. BEST PLAY ALONG PRANK EVER!!!!!

I still can believe I beat Frank in the Showcase Showdown with a dollar by using '80s song references.

Lots of fun, and I definitely can't wait for the next one!

I am glad you had a blast, and thank you for having so much fun with my prank...

Believe me, when you won your way up for the third game, I sat here laughing my butt off.. I was already thrilled over the Bullseye joke, but when you won your way up? "Holy cow, I get to pull this joke on Alfonzo! YES!"

Never underestimate the power of the 80's..  :-D

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-

Madonna wrote:

Though, as far as future 12 game/5 Showcase Showdown shows? Once, maybe twice a year at most. They do take a lot of work to setup and run. But I'll certainly do some "standard" 6 pricing game shows in the meantime...

Wow...two big ones a year?  I only have the time to run two regular ones a year.  Impressive.  :-)

Madonna wrote:
But, there will be more in the future. In fact, I already have the theme for show #2 in my head, it's just a matter of getting everything ready to go.. :lol:

Yeah...I've got a couple ideas running through my head.  Just waiting for a chance to use them myself...

Madonna wrote:
I don't think anyone has ever offered a $300,000+ showcase before.. Isn't history fun?  :-D

Not that I can recall here, but I know that Net Price is Right offered a few.

Oh, and in case anyone is curious...the answer to the trivia question of who first played a game on my shows is CrimsonViper, who (two years ago) played Golden Road on my MDS for, amazingly enough, a red Viper.  Just like you when Alfonzo came up for Bullseye, Madonna, I could not believe it.  (He did not win, sadly.)  

Now to work an another show that will compare to this show... (My first one was fairly ambitious, but I've gradually lost my author's touch as the years went by.)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Speaking of first contestants, I don't know if you remember, Army, but you were the first contestant to play a game on my first show.  It wasn't Golden Road, though.  Still haven't touched that game yet.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
Yes, I remember.  I just didn't say because I wasn't 100% sure that that was Ep. 1.

Ah, those were the days...back when I was winning PG's... :-)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline CrimsonViper

• Double Showcase Winner
The King of Armadillos wrote:

...the answer to the trivia question of who first played a game on my shows is CrimsonViper, who (two years ago) played Golden Road on my MDS for, amazingly enough, a red Viper.

Thank you for making me feel old and nostalgic.  At least that has kept my dream of having the exact coincidence play out on the actual show, if I choose to attend, alive.  

Ah well, the good old days when offering a Viper was exciting.  Now it seems that everybody is doing it... (and yes, I'm not exempt from that fact either, but I do have a right to do so! ;-))

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner

PriceFanArmadillo wrote:
Wow...two big ones a year?  I only have the time to run two regular ones a year.  Impressive.  :-)

Well, at least one a year.. I'll have to see how I'm feeling about two big shows a year in the future... But there will be more, that I can promise you. :)

Yeah...I've got a couple ideas running through my head.  Just waiting for a chance to use them myself...

Some of these ideas I've had for months, even years, before finally getting them a run.. The 12 pricing game/5 Showcase Showdown idea goes back years, and I figured it'd be a unique way to run my first show on here.

I do look forward to seeing your ideas. :)

Not that I can recall here, but I know that Net Price is Right offered a few.

I never kept up with them the way I should've, but from I saw, they disregarded the "budget" about as much as I do.. Why not? The budget here is about as real as my kill total on Grand Theft Auto... :lol:

Now to work an another show that will compare to this show... (My first one was fairly ambitious, but I've gradually lost my author's touch as the years went by.)

We all have stretches like that (look no further than my blog so far here in 2006). I am sure it will come back. :)

CrimsonViper wrote:
Ah well, the good old days when offering a Viper was exciting.  Now it seems that everybody is doing it... (and yes, I'm not exempt from that fact either, but I do have a right to do so! ;-))

Hehe... I am rather fond of Vipers myself. But I must admit that seeing so many Vipers offered in the shows here motivated me to try something a little different - hence offering TWO Vipers...

Offline Mr. Matté

• Double Showcase Winner
Quote:

Yeah...I've got a couple ideas running through my head. Just waiting for a chance to use them myself...

Some of these ideas I've had for months, even years, before finally getting them a run.. The 12 pricing game/5 Showcase Showdown idea goes back years, and I figured it'd be a unique way to run my first show on here.

And all this time, I thought you just took the idea from me since I was doing a 9 game show at the time.  :-)

Seriously, reading thru the two separate posts on here and the old board, that was one heck-of-a show you put on there, and I applaud your wonderful efforts. *applauds*
So long!

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
Thank you. :)

No, I'd had the idea bouncing around in my head years before discovering this forum. But, believe me, I chuckled over your nine pricing game show.. "Ohhh, I'm not the only one with an idea on how to host an episode with more than six games, huh?" :lol:

I did enjoy your show, though. That was a rather unique twist, and I do enjoy seeing hosts who do unique things or put their own spin on the show.