Author Topic: Oh Yeah I HAVE To Go Back.  (Read 14100 times)

Offline SecretChip

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 3/26/24 C.N.A.O.S Member
Oh Yeah I HAVE To Go Back.
« on: May 12, 2008, 08:13:59 AM »
After my ultra freakin awesome experience at TPIR I'm in the inital stage of my plans to go back in October! Not confirmed on the week I will attend the extravaganga yet though. If Colleges are in session this time the audience pool might be sooner so I can see more tapings this time around. I'm not to keen on being a contestant I just want to see more than 3 shows this time.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: Oh Yeah I HAVE To Go Back.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 02:28:43 AM »
Very interesting to see someone on this site that doesn't want to be picked. Any reason why? It's the chance of a lifetime... I know I can't wait for that to happen to me. Hopefully the third taping will be the charm, which will be the first taping I see the next time I go back.

Incidentally... at this very minute one day short of a year ago, I was asleep trying to manage some rest before waking up at 5AM to get to Raleigh and catch my flight to Los Angeles a couple hours later. I was obviously very tired when I woke up, but the total excitement of knowing where I was going got me wide awake. It will be just as fun the next time around, but nothing will top the excitement of that first trip. I really miss it. :-(

Offline Voltron291

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 07:30:08 PM »
Very interesting to see someone on this site that doesn't want to be picked. Any reason why? It's the chance of a lifetime...

You'd be surprised at how many people go to the show that actually don't want to get picked - after all, who wants to embarrass themselves on national television in front of millions of viewers?  :biggrin:

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 08:26:21 PM »
I know there's certainly people like that in line, but I was saying that I was surprised that someone from this site wouldn't want to get picked. I mean... we're all LFATs here, right? So why wouldn't we want to come on down? :-)

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2008, 01:26:40 AM »
Add me to the list of those who didn't really want to be picked.  I was absolutely petrified sitting there.  I'm pretty outgoing most times, but not in front of a huge audience like that and knowing that millions will see it...It was a tremendous experience and I enjoyed it, but deep down, I was relieved after the final contestant was called. Just being in the studio and a few feet from Bob fulfilled a longtime dream of mine anyway.

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2008, 10:53:31 AM »
I am also in the club of those people who would enjoy being in the studio, but doesn't really want to get picked.  I'm not much of a showboater, I'd never be one to make a t-shirt, and I don't think I'd be able to watch myself on TV.  The glare of the bright lights off my bald head could blind the entire right side of the studio.

"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline mlh1981

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 09:43:35 PM »
I think I would get really nervous with the lights/cameras/attention on me, but I would def. like to be on stage.  However, a comfy seat in the Bob Barker Studio to watch the greatest game show on earth certainly isn't a bad alternative!

Offline stormy41992

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I'll Miss You Bob!
    • TV & Game Shows
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 10:14:56 PM »
im also one of those who wouldnt like to be called, but would enjoy being in the studio. i wouldnt be able to deal with seeing myself on TV, but id still attend chat that day anyway.

im a redhead, so id easily stand out from the rest of the Contestants Row. the studio i can deal with, but not the CR. i see it as freaky for some reason lol.
STORMY'S STATS FOR HIS 2ND SEASON OF CSS: [Wins: 0] [Top 10/5 Finishes: 3/1] [DSWs: 0] [Overbids/WSDs: 0/0] [Lowest SC Difference: $857] [Games Played: 6] [Current No-OVER Streak: 6]
SCORE OF THE FIRST EVER "FRIENDLY" RIVALRY: Stormy41992 - 2////cu2010 - 2

Offline Scott5114

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2008, 03:35:12 AM »
But are any of you afraid enough of being contestants that you'd declare yourself ineligible?

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2008, 06:37:48 AM »
But are any of you afraid enough of being contestants that you'd declare yourself ineligible?

No, I wouldn't go that far.  Although I tend to be pretty high-energy at times, I doubt I would stand out enough to get picked.  Many people go to the show with high hopes for getting picked and what they would do if they won a car or whatever.  I consider myself more of an observer, and enjoy sitting back and watching things unfold.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 10:51:41 AM »
Very interesting to see someone on this site that doesn't want to be picked. Any reason why? It's the chance of a lifetime... I know I can't wait for that to happen to me. Hopefully the third taping will be the charm, which will be the first taping I see the next time I go back.
Well, my third taping wasn't the charm...nor was the third third taping, but maybe the third third third taping will be!  The only question is whether I'll ever get around to taping #27... :)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 04:11:53 PM »
I'll tell you what:  I've been going for broke for the past two tapings (with Drew) that I attended with no success; the first time I went to the show, I wasn't too keen on being a contestant just because I wanted to see Bob in person.  Now, after my third taping, I left with the satisfaction of knowing how to catch Stan off-guard with a good comeback to his joke--something that I screwed up once and will not do again.  :-D
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2008, 11:11:44 AM »
No, I wouldn't go that far.  Although I tend to be pretty high-energy at times, I doubt I would stand out enough to get picked.  Many people go to the show with high hopes for getting picked and what they would do if they won a car or whatever.  I consider myself more of an observer, and enjoy sitting back and watching things unfold.

I'd say this was a pretty fair assessment of me during my trip as well. What bothered me most about the taping was that the guy who ended up winning the showcase had been talking in the line about how he really didn't care much for the show, but came out to California on his vacation to try to win a prize. Sure enough, he won.

Offline BonkersJohn

• 3/24/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I went Bonkers playing Bonkers!
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2008, 02:36:49 AM »
SlideshowPA - see my Trip report from 3/24/08 on the general discussion board --- I didn't think I would have a chance at being picked either!

I felt like others on this thread as well - especially when I walked into the studio.  Once I saw all the lights, cameras, stage, etc., I would have been more than happy just to sit back and enjoy the show - especially since this was my first time attending a taping.  Little did I know that my opinion would drastically change about an hour later!
I went Bonkers playing Bonkers!

Offline Cindi

• Outside in Line
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2008, 04:49:45 PM »
Hi everyone!!!  I'm new here and just was researching info on the Price is Right since my sisters and Mom will be going Monday June 30th for the first time, and stumbled across this site.   We are very excited since we've been watching the show with Mom and G-Ma (Nana is now watching us all from above) for over 30 years....  (can it be that long???)
Anyway, 5 of us are going and we're hoping one family member gets picked.  You never know......