Author Topic: Oh Yeah I HAVE To Go Back.  (Read 14101 times)

Offline Cindi

• Outside in Line
Re: Oh Yeah I HAVE To Go Back.
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 02:24:29 PM »
Wow, well, I'm now back to work after my weeks vacation in LA to start it off with our trip to The Price is Right.
We had a great time, non of the 5 of us were picked (although, we are all fantastic people with tons of energy)
I would like to see the interviewing, numbering, nametag process go a bit differently.  Why can't they do all of those things at once??

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 03:21:27 PM »
Well, the numbering kind of has to go before the interviewing since you have to be wearing the number for the producers' benefit.

Also, the producers in charge of the interviews have a lot more to do than just interviews, so they really need to finish that as quickly as possible.  Since numbering and processing takes longer than interviewing, they have to start that process earlier in the day so it isn't holding Stan & Co. up.

Why not do numbering/nametags/photos/etc. in one pass?  There's only so many pages to go around.  That's an issue of young-man-/young-woman-power.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 03:25:33 PM by PriceFanArmadillo »
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline SecretChip

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 3/26/24 C.N.A.O.S Member
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 09:33:31 PM »
Woah Woah Woah guys.... I never said I wanted to be picked. I REALLY want to come on down (when I think about it drives me nuts on howd I react)

I'm trying to say that I want to see as many show as I can. I was dissappointed I could only go to 1 a day. So I would go during a time where I can see more...

Anyhow I've had to push my plans back a few months because of some money trouble. I lost my job for a while and just started a great paying job and I can go abound maybe Feb or March.

Not to keen on was me saying that I know my chances aren't good. Seeing the show (and the surrounding area) is worth it in itself!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 09:37:01 PM by SecretChip »

Offline SecretChip

• TPiR Alumnus
Re: Oh Yeah I HAVE To Go Back..... And I AM!
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2008, 11:12:32 AM »
*Blows dust off this topic*

I'm confirmed now that I'm going to L.A. in Feb. Exact days TBD. Searching for car rental and airline deals right now. I cannot wait. Only at least 54 days to go!

Offline SecretChip

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2009, 12:30:17 AM »
After researching flight, car, and hotel rates it looks like an LA trip for 2 will be roughly $1550 for me and my mom (which I'm buying her flight and paying for the hotel room as a way of thanks for raising me. She buys the rental car)

Looks like the week of taping I will see are the 9th, 10th, and 11th tapings. Which would be exactly one year from my last trip. I might be lucky to see the April Fools show again if they decide to go the Fools route....

Wish me luck!!!!

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2009, 04:47:35 PM »
I believe the April Fool's show is scheduled to tape in late February, so you may miss it this time.  Have a great trip.
John

Offline FPGWillyT

• 12/22/2006
  • FPG Host & TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2009, 08:49:12 AM »
Secret--

1.  Use Alamo.  I've always gotten the best rates from them.  Example:  Three times I've gotten a convertible Chrysler Seibring for $160 TOTAL.
2.  Try Priceline "NAME YOUR OWN PRICE" for the hotel option.  If you are willing to make the drive everyday for the show, bid about $65/nt for the LAX area 3-star upscale.  You'll end up getting either the Hilton, Raddison or the Crowne Plaza.  Trust me.  It'll be worth it to make that drive rather than stay in any hotel in the area of the studio.  Yes, you'll end up having to shell out $$$ for parking the car, but you won't end up staying in some fleabag wannabe.

Offline SecretChip

• TPiR Alumnus
I AM Goin' Back!
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 01:01:08 AM »
Thanks for the tips guy  :D

I finally got things all set in stone. $240 got me a midsize car thanks to Hotwire, Thanks to Southwests $99-$129 Fare sale for 2 ppl it will be $498 for 2 roundtrip tickets.

Yes I will be at the Bevonshire again, But its not to bad. Last time it was ok.

Going to the tapings on the 9th, 10th, and 11th. Which would be exactly 1 year after my first unreal trip!

Wish me luck! And that Drew survives if I get up there!