Author Topic: CSS Results for May 20  (Read 2040 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for May 20
« on: May 20, 2008, 02:25:45 PM »
Lots of people coming out to play the last days of the regular CSS season. 27 today plus the Stage Player, nice turnout!

To clarify, there is no reason to stop playing CSS if you are not in the playoffs! All games will still count towards the final leaderboard, and the daily spreadsheet will include all who submit. Even with the head-to-head competition at the end, everyone is still welcome to play and it will count unlike the last 4 MDSs.

So, Roger throws at us today: an expensive GEM Car, which was uniformly semi-garfed by everyone. IPM985 adds another $21,998 to his bank and a second place finish. Surprised that nobody bid $22,000 even... that would have been a heartbreak.

Then came the Fleetwood Prowler trailer. What makes this harder than usual is that there are TWO Fleetwood Prowlers that are offered, one is 25' and this one is 28.5' and is more expensive. This explains a lot of the lowball bids. I think the overbids are a result of people thinking Fleetwood Redline or something, and the description did make it sound like a very expensive trailer. I believe it's around $25,000. Voltron291 would know better than I, since he DSWd on it. Like he needs more money, but hey, go for it while you can! ;)

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for May 20, 2008 -- Game 144

[attachment deleted by admin]
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Re: CSS Results for May 20
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 02:34:06 PM »
My trailer bid is also an Alan Smithee production.

:headbang:
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline stormy41992

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I'll Miss You Bob!
    • TV & Game Shows
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 02:57:48 PM »
a 5th place finish is not what i expected!

until tomorrow...
STORMY'S STATS FOR HIS 2ND SEASON OF CSS: [Wins: 0] [Top 10/5 Finishes: 3/1] [DSWs: 0] [Overbids/WSDs: 0/0] [Lowest SC Difference: $857] [Games Played: 6] [Current No-OVER Streak: 6]
SCORE OF THE FIRST EVER "FRIENDLY" RIVALRY: Stormy41992 - 2////cu2010 - 2

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 03:14:53 PM »
Voltron291 would know better than I, since he DSWd on it. Like he needs more money, but hey, go for it while you can! ;)
Considering this puts him within one good Showcase of first place, with just one day to go, I'd say that yes, he did need it.  ;)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 04:36:50 PM »
I think the overbids are a result of people thinking Fleetwood Redline or something, and the description did make it sound like a very expensive trailer.
That right there is why I once again had a good day ruined by overpricing a single prize.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 05:03:43 PM »
Not too bad for me for my last regular season css. I won't be in chat for the daytime show tomorrow due to work, but I will be in there for the MDS.  I will check after I get home from work tomorrow night to see when I will be playing in the playoffs and see if I can participate that day.

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 05:20:33 PM »
I haven't had time to play often due to work, but the last few times were good to me! And a 4th place finish is good! To think I was this close to winning the trailer, me that usually suck at trailers ...

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2008, 05:43:24 PM »
Can't believe I missed the last day of the regular season, GRRR!
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 06:56:06 PM »
Can't believe I missed the last day of the regular season, GRRR!

The last day of the season is Wednesday, tomorrow, not today.
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline Franc

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Let Me Be Franc!
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 09:59:09 PM »
The last day of the season is Wednesday, tomorrow, not today.

Unless, Fieldsy, that you plan to miss tomorrow too! ;)