Author Topic: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 30--THE END  (Read 27188 times)

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 30--IUFB #1
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2008, 01:37:50 PM »
Frank often has expensive stuff.....so I one-up with $1826
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline LovesSurvivorAndTPIR

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2008, 01:40:35 PM »
Damn, I need some ice for that burn!
Av Changes: 1) Zuiikin English!; 2) Chicken gets voted out of Survivor China; 3) Boo-Boo, the greatest contestant of The Price is Right's first season; 4) Quite possibly the cutest fall in Survivor history; 5) Parvati, the winner of Survivor: Fans vs. Faves; 6) Kathreya, the Thai Cookie Monster

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2008, 02:08:31 PM »
Whoo!  The show finally sprung for a real One-Bid getup!
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 30--PG #1
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2008, 02:10:49 PM »
Yep.  Finally stopped being so lazy, Army.

sidey's making friends, I see.  Not exactly much of a give and take relationship, though.  Will he win?  The actual retail price of The Perfect Chair is...

$1999, and sidey wins!  And sidey, as the winner, I would like for you to follow me way back here to the big doors, where we have a couple of nice prizes behind these doors!

Rich:  An exciting pool table and a stately grandfather clock.

First, The Murrey Outdoor 2000 pool table is 100 inches long by 56 inches wide by 31 inches high, weighs 687 pounds, with a .75 inch thick one-piece slate playfield diamond ground within 1 ten thousandth of an inch, rustic cedar design exterior made from a UV and water resistant hi-tech composite, and 6-inch solid hardwood and eon material top rails, molding plastic sights, and K66 rubber cushions.

And second, the Howard Miller Beaumont grandfather clock is 92.5 inches high by 29.75 inches wide by 17.75 inches deep, has cable-driven triple chime Kieninger movement with automatic nighttime chime shut-off option, locking door, a light to illuminate the cabinet, adjustable levelers under all four corners, finished in Windsor cherry on select hardwoods and veneers, beveled glass on lower door and sides, highly detailed dial accented by a blue moon phase, brass-finished corner spandrels, center disk, silver chapter ring, and applied brass Arabic numerals, and an elegant swan neck pediment with carved urn finial and rosettes, bookmatched crotch mahogany, and a floral inlay of maple, walnut, and paduak veneers.

And you can win both of those prizes if you can tell me a little something about today's one right price.  And Janice, what is the one right price today?

It's $5575.  You will win both prizes if you can tell me which one costs $5575.  Is it the pool table, or is it the grandfather clock?

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 30--PG #1
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2008, 03:09:55 PM »
wow, some nice gifts today.  I think that pool table is expensive, maybe even more than 6K.  That price just sounds right on the clock, so I'll say the clock.
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 30--IUFB #2
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2008, 03:19:35 PM »
Well, I like to think of this as a nice show, trying to give away the nicest of prizes.  No cheap junk here.  Least not for this game.

Now, if the grandfather clock is $5575, then you win both prizes, show us!

dingdingdingdingdingdingdingding!

Yes it is, and you win both prizes!  What was the price of the pool table, anyway?

That was $4150.  Anyway, both prizes are yours, sidey!  That's a nice way to start off the day, and we'll try to keep it up after this!

Rich, fetch me another player!

Rich:  Will do, Frank, let's find our favorite military guy, PriceFanArmadillo, come on down!  You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

And you get the green spot, Army, and over there is the next item up for bids today.

Rich:  A deliberate Whirlpool tub.  From American Standard, the Town Square Whirlpool tub is acrylic with fiberglass reinforcement, and a tub for two with center drain and dual backrests, dual molded-in armrests, with the Hydro Massage Whirlpool System, 2.0 HP pump/motor, and individually flow-rate adjustable jets, and measures 71.5 inches by 41.34 inches by 22 inches.

And Army, you get the first bid on that.

Apparently, your full name doesn't fit when you're sitting next to LovesSurvivorAndTPIR.  At least you don't have Vs that look like Ys, though.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2008, 08:09:43 PM »

I fail to see the problem here.

(Oh, and I've never had anything to do with the military, as I'm sure Frank knows.  :) )
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2008, 08:34:07 PM »
Thankfully, I don't have a problem!  I picked a nice, short, easy to read name.  And I'm not in the Army, either!!

Oh, yeah - $2375

Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2008, 09:29:37 PM »
$1675

Offline LovesSurvivorAndTPIR

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2008, 11:03:15 PM »
$2376
Av Changes: 1) Zuiikin English!; 2) Chicken gets voted out of Survivor China; 3) Boo-Boo, the greatest contestant of The Price is Right's first season; 4) Quite possibly the cutest fall in Survivor history; 5) Parvati, the winner of Survivor: Fans vs. Faves; 6) Kathreya, the Thai Cookie Monster

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 30--PG #2
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2008, 11:18:55 PM »

Army, you kinda' ruined my brand new contestants' row.  That's a shame.  Anyway, the actual retail price of the Whirlpool is...

$1789, and rob is the winner!  And rob, as the winner, I would like for you to follow me over here to the giant price tag, where we have our second game all ready and raring to go!  And we have something pretty nice for you to win behind those doors!

Rich:  A lovely bedroom group.  The Saxon River King seven piece bedroom set includes bed, mirror, two nightstands, chest, dresser, and TV armoire, made of hardwood solids and veneers, with beautiful antique drawer handles, dovetail on drawer backs, ornate carving, and a beautiful marble accent with a gorgeous vintage finish.  And for a comfortable night's sleep, the Eastern King Illusion mattress set has a premium hi profile 580 coil count, 14.5 gauge, 6 turn spring, and Marvsnet insulation comfort pads.  Whatever the heck that all means.  It's a prize package worth $21,146!

That is a nice bedroom.  Wouldn't you agree, rob?  And you can win that bedroom if you can win a simple children's game of tic tac toe.  We like to call it Secret "X."

Now there is, indeed, a secret X somewhere on this board.  It's on the flip side of one of the red squares in the middle column.  Which one?  I can't tell you:  it's a secret!  Besides, my producer didn't tell me where he put it.  And pretend for a moment I'm not also the producer, OK?  Good.  Anyway, to win, all you have to do is get three Xs in a row across there, across there, across there, or diagonally there or diagonally there.  Vertical does not count.  I cannot stress this point enough to you:  vertical does not count!  And yeah, I know in normal tic tac toe, you can get three in a row vertically, but you're playing against a bully, who's using any excuse in the book to win, I guess.  He's a sore loser, admittedly.

The good news, at least, is that there is no O that you'll be fighting against.  It's X and X alone, and you get to be Mr. X!  And I really want you to win this, so I'm going to be extraordinarily generous, and offer you a free X that you may put in any of the yellow squares.  And not a red square.  'Cause that'll just be sent to the other side of the game board at the end of the game, and that wouldn't help you at all, so just make it a yellow one.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2008, 09:16:43 AM »
Upper right hand corner please Frank.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2008, 10:17:07 AM »

That looks like as good a spot as any other.  Or at least any other corner.  You need more than just that, though, so rob, I am going to give you a chance to win two more Xs, and two prizes, what are they Rich?

Rich:  Today we have the Wenger men's Terragraph watch, #72700, with leather band, buckle clasp, stainless steel 42-millimeter case, white dial, stainless steel bezel, bidirectional bezel, date calendar, swiss-quartz movement, and water resistant to 330 feet.

And the Lequip 306500 RPM blender 228 has a 900 watt motor with 500-20,000 revolutions per minute, brushed metal motor base with rubber container bad, variable speed knob, and polycarbonate blending container, and has a 7 cup capacity and stainless steel blades and shaft.

Now to win the watch, and win an X, you must tell me correctly whether it costs $150 or $183.  So which one looks good to you?

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2008, 12:38:42 PM »
Hmmmmm.... $150 looks good. Let's go $150.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2008, 12:41:20 PM »
And $150 is...

ding!

Right!  You win an X!  Put it in one of the squares.