Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/04/2008  (Read 19022 times)

Offline mlh1981

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/04/2008
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2008, 05:12:59 PM »
yah for the Columbus Blue Jackets being represented in the hockey equipment giveaway!  :-D

Offline eman1977

• Outside in Line
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2008, 05:15:24 PM »
Range game:  Patience please patience!

Punch a Bunch:  $5,000 is a nice "loss"

Money Game:   Nice to see it won especially with a 44

Swap Meet:  Very tough I would've guessed the computer too

Pass the Buck:  2nd $5,000 "loss"

Pick a #:  I would've guessed 3

BTW during the Pass the Buck car reveal I could see the pricing game lineup in the background , so I knew the Pick a # would be played last   Did anybody else notice this?

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2008, 05:30:05 PM »
Range Game:  This is the quickest I've seen anybody stop the rangefinder.

Punch-a-bunch (and Pass the Buck): Wow!  Two $5,000 losses in the same episode.

Swap Meet:  Maybe I wasn't paying much attention to this game, but I didn't hear any squeaking when the price reveal was being turned over.

Pick a Number:  Yeah!  It's played for the 10th time this season!  I would've also gone with the 3 and lost.

BTW during the Pass the Buck car reveal I could see the pricing game lineup in the background , so I knew the Pick a # would be played last   Did anybody else notice this?
I saw it too and also noticed Pick a Number would be played last.  Glad to see my favorite quickie game being played again!  :-D

SC1: My Bid: $25,215 / Diff: $8,905
SC2: My Bid: $15,644 / Diff: $4,941

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2008, 06:23:57 PM »
One-Bid #1:  LOL!  Third time this season that Roger forgot to put the ARP in Drew's pocket!

Range:  Wow, a rare appearance by the Hoverjet in a PG!

Punchy:  Wow, I can't believe that Roger stuck $5,000 in a corner again. :oldlol: But $5,000 is a great present for a 22d birthday.

One-Bid #4:  Yay!  Half-Off cue remix! :P

Swappy:  I was definitely not expecting this game today.

One-Bid #5:  An encore presentation of Drew's Yogi Bear impressions.

Bucky:  And another $5,000 winner!  I can't remember the last time that two PGs in the same show produced exactly $5,000 cash each.

PA#:  Wow, the tenth time this season that PA# has been played!  This is the first time PA# has been played ten times since Season 25.

SC #1:  That bid doesn't even cover the car.

My showcase bids:
Car--$31,207
Random game room/piano--$22,407
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline PaladinTornado

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2008, 06:30:33 PM »
Tijuana was on December 20, 2006.   Does anyone know when Mitchell or Aaron was on the show?

Not sure about Aaron, but Mitchell was on TPIR before Survivor, I think in 1998 or so.

Offline LovesSurvivorAndTPIR

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2008, 06:42:17 PM »
Thanks for the information, JokerFan and PaladinTornado.
Av Changes: 1) Zuiikin English!; 2) Chicken gets voted out of Survivor China; 3) Boo-Boo, the greatest contestant of The Price is Right's first season; 4) Quite possibly the cutest fall in Survivor history; 5) Parvati, the winner of Survivor: Fans vs. Faves; 6) Kathreya, the Thai Cookie Monster

Offline Footix

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2008, 08:50:49 PM »
Range Game - I had no clue what the price was, but I could tell from the camera shot at the end that Alicia had lost.
Punchboard - Perhaps it's time for Drew to re-introduce the "do not remove the slip" to his instructions for the contestant.
Money Game - That 44 didn't really jump out at me, but good on Lisa for winning.
Swap Meet - I figured it was the fireplace, but I thought they would be more expensive than that.
Pick a Number - Nice, a fellow Hamiltonian! Shame she wasn't able to win her game.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2008, 10:27:08 PM »
Range Game: THAT'S TOO EARLY!!!!  I think the one soul who had Alicia stop too early owes her that hovercraft.  I really wanted her to go even higher.

Punch A Bunch: I really liked how Drew did the reveal of the last slip.  I actually thought hole 10 had the $10,000 slip.  I was off by $5,000.  Even though it still counts as a loss, it's still a win in my book---and even Zachary's too. 

Money Game: Great for Lisa to win on the last pick!  I had a sneaking suspicion the 36 or the 44 would do the trick----I picked 44 for the back half.  I also liked how Drew did the reveal on the last pick here.

SCSD 1: Tough break for both Zachary and Lisa with their spins.

Swap Meet: That was HARD!!!!  Eugene goes the computer and I go the dinette.  The fireplace really got both of us good.

Pass the Buck: The first GP I felt was a trap and Judah fell for it.  But hey, he gets $5,000.....better than nothing.

Pick A Number: That too was HARD!!!!  Holly and I were on the same wavelength on the 3.....ugh!!!!  $6,717 looked so wrong to be the correct price. 

Showcases: I felt Judah's bid didn't even cover the car.   Alicia I thought went low too but she ended up being the big winner in the showcases to make up for the Range Game loss.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2008, 10:49:50 PM »
IUFB #1: Roger, How many times are you gonna keep forgetting to hand Drew the card?  :lol:

Range: To the person who "16300" to Alicia, Better start up a collection to buy her that Hovercraft

Punch: Purple holes??!! Better than the "barely to see" yellow ones. I also enjoyed Drew's reveal of the last slip and I'm glad Zachary is happy with his $5K.

Money: Lisa came out pretty well on her last pick. Glad she corrected herself when she picked the first two digits.

Swap: Boy, that Fireplace hit us like a ton of bricks.

Pass: $5K makes up just fine.

P-a-N: The 1 would've been my wild guess. Too bad Holly didn't go with me.

Showcases: My bid would've been $32,500 on the car showcase. Judah's bid was nowhere close.

A 3.25-star show.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2008, 10:54:17 PM »
IUFB #1: Roger, How many times are you gonna keep forgetting to hand Drew the card?  :lol:

Maybe this is Roger's way of getting more screen time for himself? :oldlol:
However, I don't recall him forgetting to give Bob the card, and now with Drew, it's been three times.

Offline Danbert05

• In Contestant's Row
    • Daniel Westrick's Homepage
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2008, 07:19:27 PM »
Love to see Punchy back and Did Drew do a like a reveal where he would fake out someone with the $5000 Reveal

- This show: " You gave away $100, you gave away $250, You gave away $500. I am so sorry before revealling the $5000

- Pervious Show and I think it was from this seaon, "You should have listen to sister and do not be so greedy."

PS: I could not believe a 4th Survivor contestant appeared the on the Price is Right!

Are people that were on other CBS games show allowed to play on the Price is Right?

Offline LovesSurvivorAndTPIR

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2008, 10:28:51 PM »
Yup. That game show law applies to reality TV competitions, as well.

Another thing to note is that this episode aired on the week of Lisa's birthday.
Av Changes: 1) Zuiikin English!; 2) Chicken gets voted out of Survivor China; 3) Boo-Boo, the greatest contestant of The Price is Right's first season; 4) Quite possibly the cutest fall in Survivor history; 5) Parvati, the winner of Survivor: Fans vs. Faves; 6) Kathreya, the Thai Cookie Monster

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2008, 11:25:32 PM »
Nope, the purple/magenta "$"  paper slips aren't working either.

Back to blue please?
John

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2008, 12:15:45 AM »
I happen to like the color of purple and think it works well with this game, but then again I also like the new color scheme for Barker's Marker$ Make Your Mark even though most people don't.

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2008, 12:17:12 AM »
I happen to like the color of purple and think it works well with this game, but then again I also like the new color scheme for Barker's Marker$ Make Your Mark even though most people don't.
Aside from the fact that the shade of purple they are using is barely visible on camera, it's great... Blue was just fine.