Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/10/2008  (Read 16027 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/10/2008
« on: June 10, 2008, 02:46:34 PM »
Untitled
Production #4372K - Taped May 20, 2008

Drew: stage entrance
First Four lineup: right to left
Handoff: Rachel

Models of the Day: Tamiko Nash, Rachel Reynolds and Shane Stirling
Wearing: Stop Staring

1   Mares Scuba Equipment (T)
TOMMY 875 NANCY 1485 TEONNE *1560 LINDSAY 1250 ($2250)

Teonne gets to complete a TRIPLE PLAY

Chevy Cobalt LS (Std.)(S)(Not Revealed)
$15,120$18,991
NOLOSS

So much for the other cars. Off they go, never to be known ever. Pity.

2   Wilton Armetale Queen Anne Dinnerware (R&S)
+Tommy 1000 +Nancy 1 TIZIANA 1299 +Lindsay *1500 ($1670)

Lindsay plays PUSHOVER for a Yamaha Upright Piano (T)

Setup:7 5 3 9 5 8 0 6 9
Pick:7[5 3 9 5]
Price:$5395   WIN!

3   (Dell) Laptop Computer (R-in the Row)
+Tommy 1850
+Nancy 1851
Tiziana 1852
RISÉ 1600
OVERBID
($1517)

Nancy plays CLIFF HANGERS for a Broyhill Living Room Group (T)($3163)

MP3 VW Bug$18$202 to 2
Apple Cider Pticher243612 to 14
Cooler/Radio4040Stay at 14   WIN!

SHOWDOWN #1
$2,550Teonne85 stay.85Through to Showcase Round
4,776Nancy25 + 55.80
7,065Lindsay65 + 10.75

4   Wood's 35 cu ft Side-by-Side Fridge+Freezer/Nabosco Chips Ahoy (S&T)
+Tommy 2201 NICHOLAS 8000 Tiziana 2200 Risé *1699 ($1798)
STUPID BID

Risé plays SWITCH?

Pulaski Bravo Executive Desk (R)$3199$2399
Polaris Phoenix ATV (S)$2399SWITCH!$3199WIN!

5   Croton Equator Ladies' Watch (from above)
+Tommy 895 Nicholas *501 Tiziana 896 JENNA 699 ($675)

Nicholas from Milwaukee, WI plays ANY NUMBER

Picks: 0 5 8 2 1 6 7 9
Dodge Nitro SXT (Std., BlkHtr, Wheels)(S)$2 1,– 6 5($21,465)
Howard Miller Barcelona Wine Cabinet (R)$8 – 0(830)
That Damned Piggy Bank$7.9 2LOSS

Nicholas has hit the crossroads. He's down to his last chance, and looking him straight in the eye is Mimi. She's just chomping at the bit to take him over to the "First Four" Breakfast Club. Can he keep her waiting?

6   Casablanca Reverie Ceiling Fan Light (T)
+Tommy *596 CLARISSA 375 Tiziana 595 Jenna 999 ($950)
STUPID BID

Tommy from Odessa, TX escapes! He plays PICK A PAIR for a trip to Chicago (United Air; 6n @ Hyatt)(All)($3000)

(1) V8 Vegetable Cocktail (64 oz)$3.15
(4) (Safeway) Green Tea (48)3.15WIN!
(2) Garlique Supplement (30)
(3) Kiss Featherlight Nail Kit
(5) Cajun Injector Marinade
(6) (Breathe Again) Nasal Solution

SHOWDOWN #2
$683Nicholas  5 + 85.90Through to Showcase Round
3,950Tommy15 + 30.45
7,436Risé15 + 50.65

SHOWCASE ROUND
Teonne has the honor.

SC1-Nicholas Broyhill Carson Manor Bedroom Group
Comfortaire GS700 Sleep Set (S)
Carabella Swimwear
Electracraft 16CSI 16' Party Barge (R)
BID$26,000
PRICE33,194
DIFF–7,194
SC2-Teonne COURAGE
TuffStuff AXT3 Home Gym (S)
Trip to Bangkok (6n)(T)
Ford Escape Hybrid (Std., Outlet)(R)
BID$32,000
PRICE39,003
DIFF–7,003
TOTAL$41,253

Today's Pricing Games: 4 for 6
Total Winnings: $65,163

THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL GOLDEN-ROAD.net SHOW RECAP.
REPRODUCTION PROHIBITED WITHOUT AUTHOR PERMISSION.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 03:29:34 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/10/2008
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 02:47:42 PM »
I only saw bits and pieces today, but something really seemed wrong with Drew during the showcase reveal. Did anyone else notice this?
Signatures are overrated.

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Old Ten Chances Set
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 02:50:08 PM »
Still have yet to watch it. But from what I just read, doesn't seem that great of a show, but nice to see Triple Play back in rotation.
Got 1100th post on August 22, 2008 @ 11:52:08 AM

Come on Down to my Price is Right site! The only Price is Right game where you can play all 102 pricing games! A new game is starting soon! Sign up today!
http://dhtpir2.proboards50.com The first game has begun! First Item Up for Bids posted!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2008, 03:01:47 PM »
I don't know about everyone else, but I found Triple Play's setup a bit weird because the first two cars, a Chevrolet Cobalt and Dodge Caliber, are two of the cheapest cars the show offers nowadays.  Usually in Triple Play, isn't the second car worth around $20,000 and the third around $25,000? 

Also, I wonder why they didn't do the usual Triple Play wipe when transitioning from Drew and Teonne to the Cobalt.

Still speaking of Triple Play, I really wonder why the first car was lost, since it was just setup to be guessed correctly today.  Also, I wonder what was up with Drew today, he seemed off in different parts of the show, like he didn't reveal the actual price of the Cobalt after it was lost.

One interesting thing to note about the show is how Drew said that Yamaha is not only known for motorbikes, but also quality musical instruments during Pushover and how Broyhill makes excellent furniture, during Cliff Hangers.

I know refrigerators can be expensive, but I wonder what prompted Nicholas to bid $8,000 on the one offered today.

The end of Any Number was pretty painful, Nicholas was just one number away from winning the car and ended up with the piggy bank.

...but nice to see Triple Play back in rotation.

I don't mean to be rude, but there is a difference between "on hiatus" and "back in the rotation." Triple Play has been in rotation since 2000, when it debuted, it technically returned during the second session of Drew learning the pricing games this season.  It hasn't been seen since the show that aired on December 14, 2007 (intended for December 13, 2007) because the budget was out of control for a while this season. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 03:04:56 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline BarbaraE

• In the Audience
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2008, 03:02:17 PM »
Only losses were the CAR GAMES?!  AUTOMATIC BAD SHOW!!!

In memory of my father Darrell:
July 13, 1944--December 24(Christmas Eve), 2007

I love and miss ya, Pop!  :cry:

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 03:04:52 PM »
I only saw bits and pieces today, but something really seemed wrong with Drew during the showcase reveal. Did anyone else notice this?

I only got to see the first 10 minutes and then i got back home for the showcase reveal.. It was like drew found out his dog had died or something.. i love drew as host but his showcase reveals need a few more exclamation points at the end.
You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.

Offline FlipFlopper7769

• 4/10/2007
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 03:07:43 PM »
FlipFlopper7769’s TPiR Trip Report!!! DAY 2/SHOW 1 (Of the Day)

Well today was the day, I decided, that I wanted to sit in the elusive front row inside the studio. My friend however had other ideas and wanted to catch up on some sleep. So while he slept back in the hotel, I took off at midnight in hopes of gaining a seat in the front row.

THE LINEUP

Again, I arrived in line at midnight as number 005, so if all went well, I would get my spot in the front row! The first two people in line on this early Tuesday morning got there about 11:00 P.M. the night before, but both were in wheelchairs. While in line, I met a very nice couple from British Columbia who were #3 & #4, and then two college girls close to my age joined us around 12:30. For the next 2 ½ hours, the seven of us were the only ones in line. This was strange because I wondered #1, where is everybody, this is The Price is Right, and #2, there may be room then for both tapings today! It was quite chilly this night and luckily the two girls brought blankets and hot coffee to share, and we became good friends while waiting in line. It wasn’t really until 5:00 A.M. when the people began to arrive, and by the magic hour of 6:00, there were about 70 people waiting in line. The rest, then, came during processing time. It was beginning to look like the Tuesday show was a day where less people would show up.

THE PROCESSING

Processing was pretty much the same as was the day before, but this day’s pages were a tad slower at getting the nametags and contestant cards collected and processed. I recognized a few of the pages from the day before, including the very convincing Will Ferrell look-a-like, Calvin, and we got to know each other a little better. Excitement was once again in the air, but I couldn’t help noticing that it seemed a little less than yesterday’s first show. Maybe it was the day, Tuesday, or maybe it was just a different group of people. My group at the front of the line, including me, seemed to be the most pumped of the people I could see. Again, I had to run through the story of my being a contestant before and why I had the big black “X” over my contestant number. I really should have kept a tally chart of how many times I was asked. Right around 11:00, Stan joined us outside in line in his traditional Hawaiian T-Shirt. He welcomed me back again and asked if I enjoyed the show yesterday. I said yes and once again thanked him for signing my book and for all the hard work that he does. He appreciated my compliments and hoped I would have just as much fun today. So it was around the corner and onto the final set of benches once again to wait for the rest of my group. As I said yesterday, the pages call all ineligible or handicapped contestants to the front of the line to have their interview first to speed up processing. There were three other ineligibles besides me this day. Sharon, the loveable, excitable contestant who played Bargain Bar on yesterday’s show. She was absolutely awesome out in line and you could tell that she was a perfect contestant. Pure energy, even though she was ineligible. Next was a woman who just didn’t want to be a contestant because she was nervous of the cameras and being in front of all of the people in the audience. Third was a previous contestant on one of Bob’s MDS’s who had won a trip to Las Vegas, but lost his pricing game. For anyone wondering about trips, yes, he had to go back to LAX to fly out to Vegas. Processing on the second set of benches took a bit longer than yesterday, as many people had brought their cell phones or cameras, which of course, are strictly forbidden at CBS. Before we knew it, though, the affable Calvin once again ran down the line yelling “SHOWTIME!” and we once again entered the studio.

I couldn’t believe it. I was in the third seat in the front row! THE FRONT ROW!! Even though my voice was completely shot from yesterday’s show, I suddenly felt resurgence and it was a party once again. Rich came out once again, and just out of instinct, I yelled “HI RICH!” and he politely waved back at me and I was beaming. Then when he introduced Jeff, I yelled “HI JEFF!” and he too waved back. Then he went over to the camera man who would shoot the opening sweeping shot of the audience and they whispered back and forth. Then Jeff pointed at me, and the camera man acknowledged and I knew what was coming! CLOSE UP SHOT IN THE OPENING!!

THE SHOW

And there I was! Third seat in the front row, waving my hand off and clapping like there’s no tomorrow! I still can’t believe that not only did I get to sit in the front row, but I also got a close up on camera! Wow, what a show this would be!

TRIPLE PLAY:  So it was Plinko yesterday, and now one of the big three???!!! You’ve got to be kidding me! I never in a million years thought I would see this game on my trip out to LA. This was such an easy set up that everyone in the audience was flabbergasted when she lost. Drew did reveal the price of the Cobalt to himself and everyone else after the cameras were off.

STOPDOWN 1:  After the game, Drew teasingly reminded Teonne of the rules to Triple Play and Teonne pleaded that she was just nervous and it is so much harder in person than watching it at home.

PUSHOVER:  I was a little stumped on this one. 75 looked ok, and so did 39. But I went with 53 and so did Lindsay. Good win!

CLIFFHANGERS:  Out in the line when I was discussing pricing games with some of the good folks I met, this one seemed to be the least popular on everyone’s list. So when the game was revealed inside the studio, a collective groan could barely be heard from the first few rows. The yodeling music is quite loud actually in person!

SWITCH:  Yep, Switch? Again! I’m glad Risé won this game! Did anyone see me helping her with the IUFB???

ANY NUMBER:  This game was quite painful actually, not many fours in the audience except mine for the price of that car. Nicholas didn’t really admit at first that he worked for Piggly Wiggly. He first stated he was a student, but then the truth came out during the stopdown!

PICK-A-PAIR:  Even though it wasn’t the SafeWay Cocoa Mix, the tea still wins it with the V8! Poor Jenna! I told her 999 for that darn ceiling fan and thought it was one of the expensive ones! I felt bad she couldn’t win!

SHOWCASES:  After the show, I met the rest of Teonne’s group and they were simply in tears after her grand showcase win. It’s so thrilling to see something like that happen to good people. I guess that’s what makes the Price is Right so special! Drew was a little frazzled during the showcases to answer a question. There were a couple of edits because he couldn’t quite get the rules spot on as he would have liked.

REVIEW

Once again the crew at Beverly and Fairfax put on another amazing show for my friend and me on Tuesday, May 20th. Lots of good people, good games, great wins, and of course, myself in the front row! The $100 was drawn, the lights off, and it was over again. But was it? Rich then announced that there was still room available in the second taping! So why not? Here we go again!
You can go ahead and call me "Mr. Money Game"!
I was on TPiR: Jan 8, 2007!  AIR DATE: Apr. 10, 2007!

Offline Ponch8

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 03:16:54 PM »
One thing I noticed was that Nicholas mentioned that he worked at Piggly Wiggly (a grocery store).  When I went to a taping in 1997, they made it clear not to mention any businesses, to prevent them from getting free advertising.  Has this rule been relaxed?  I've also noticed this phenomenon a few other times this season.

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2008, 03:31:26 PM »
Quote from: goldroadfanatic
...I really wonder why the first car was lost...

Because the contestant picked the wrong price??   8-)  It doesn't matter how easy Roger makes a game, there is always a way to lose.

Any Number intrigues me simply because it always seems to come down to a final pick - a single digit in each prize.  I know that it's not always the case, and I'm sure somebody out there has the stat, but it really seems to happen a lot.

Also, it was fun watching Drew "figure out" which numbers were left.  Don't they put the digits on the Contestant's Row displays during game play of Any Number??

Quote from: TPIR1990
...nice to see Triple Play back in rotation.
I didn't know it was ever out of rotation.  I know that they haven't played it recently, for obvious budget reasons, but I never considered it "out".

Quote from: BarbaraE

Why?  4 wins out of 6 is not bad at all.  There was a decent lineup of games and lots of winners.  The showcases weren't horrible, both contestants were within $200 of each other, making for a close finish.  Truth is, I don't mind seeing the cars lost just because it will help get the show back on balance and allow for more playing of the big games.

Observation on Drew - I missed the end of today's show, so I can't speak to how he did the reveal today.  However, I have noticed in the past that he gets excited or "bummed" as much as the contestant - during games, the SCSD and the Showcases.  Personally, I think that he has a favorite contestant - one that he is rooting for - and when that person wins, he gets extra excited.  When that person doesn't win, he gets un-excited, instead of being happy for the winner.  I have mixed feelings about this - it makes him more personable to see him do that during a regular game.  During the showcases, however, he should be more "neutral".  Or maybe his dog died.  I don't know.
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2008, 03:53:32 PM »
Alright, this might seem really bad, but its just an observation I made: What in the world was with all of the really nicely dressed Asian people in the second row? (and by that I mean, were they VIPs or something? It almost looked like they were a delegation of some sort)

Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it just seemed really out of place.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 03:57:48 PM by mrbrown2195 »
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2008, 03:54:55 PM »
thanks FlipFlopper7769 for the story.
if they had to stop down because drew messed up the rules, he might have been a bit upset at himself.. sometimes its hard to not let it show when you're frustrated at yourself.
You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.

Offline jimlange

• 2/20/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I am a TPIR Greek GOD!!
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2008, 04:06:05 PM »
BarbaraE, just because the only losses were car games, doesn't automatically mean this was a bad show.  The contestants were enjoyable and I had fun watching the show today. 

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2008, 04:13:42 PM »
It was a little disappointing that most of the audience was shouting 15k but her only friend in the audience was signaling for "2" - that is, the second option, 18,991. Just like goldy, I immediately noticed today's TP wasn't the usual - the DOB may have had a tricky setup for that Dodge Charger, being the top out of the 3.

A# was a bit of a toss-up but the 9 is exactly what it's never... :roll:

I really felt bad for Rise, she got a rare CLOSE DOUBLE OOF!!!!! towards that dollar. Decent bids on expensive SCs by the two as well, despite their clueless car losses, we had our closest diff in awhile.

B+
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2008, 04:14:18 PM »
Wow...Drew did it again.  Except for the second half yesterday and the Showcase today, he's really been on top of things lately.  I really hope this wasn't something that just happened for one set of tapings, because this is the best hosting he's ever done.  He's speaking clearly, acting like he cares what's going on...it's very refreshing.

On the other hand...dang, was Triple Play disappointing.  It would have been hard to set the first car up to be any easier.

I wonder what was up with Drew today, he seemed off in different parts of the show, like he didn't reveal the actual price of the Cobalt after it was lost.

You're kidding, right?  Yes, he seemed slightly lost for a couple seconds a couple times today, but he took it in stride and gave one of his most solid performances of the whole season.  If a few train-of-thought derailments are the price of him hosting professionally, I'll take 'em!

I know refrigerators can be expensive, but I wonder what prompted Nicholas to bid $8,000 on the one offered today.

While Tiziana was bidding, Nicholas suddenly turned around at looked at someone...it looked like he realized that wasn't what they were trying to tell him to bid.

Only losses were the CAR GAMES?!  AUTOMATIC BAD SHOW!!!

Hulk, you know darn well none of us want to read badly-thought-out comments like this.  It was this kind of ridiculously negative attitude that got you banned the first time.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2008, 04:15:17 PM »

Good grief.  :roll:  If car wins is what you base your opinion of a given show on then you need to come up with a different standard or just quit watching it all together.

I still cannot believe Triple Play was wiped out.

The ending of Any Number was about as painful as i've seen in a while.