Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/10/2008  (Read 16035 times)

Offline elonpuckhog

• In Contestant's Row
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/10/2008
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2008, 04:16:21 PM »
Triple Play was quite obvious, I thought, even to a novice like me.  I guess maybe I've played BigJon's game too much, but I was 95% sure that car couldn't be over $18K.

Pushover seemed quite obvious to me as well.  I immediately look for the 5 or 0 in this game to see if that price works.  It doesn't always work, and when it does its not always right, but this one seemed right to me.
I immediately said NO SWITCH when I saw the prices, and then quickly reconsidered and went with SWITCH. 

Overall, for the first half of the show, I thought it was pretty good.  Reading FlipFlopper's report makes me want to get out to LA.  Maybe one day...

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2008, 04:16:43 PM »
if they had to stop down because drew messed up the rules, he might have been a bit upset at himself.. sometimes its hard to not let it show when you're frustrated at yourself.

I think FlipFlopper7769 meant "between pricing games 1 and 2" when he said stopdown.  He didn't mean in the middle of the segment.  Also, I thought he meant Drew did get the rules right; he was just joking during the stopdown/commercial break.
For example, he said the rules as they should be said, but during the stopdown, he jokingly told Teonne "you're suppose to pick the price that is closest without going over".  I didn't take it mean Drew messed up on the rules.

It doesn't matter how easy Roger makes a game, there is always a way to lose.

Not if the game is Double Bulls-Eye.  :-D

Only losses were the CAR GAMES?!  AUTOMATIC BAD SHOW!!!

I don't get why this is a bad show, just because the car games were lost--especially since all other games were won.  Sure, a nice prize was lost, but determining if a show is good or bad should also depend on the contestants, the host, and the audience.

Also, I wonder what was up with Drew today, he seemed off in different parts of the show, like he didn't reveal the actual price of the Cobalt after it was lost.

There were times in which Bob didn't reveal the price of an item.  Was Bob off in those parts of the shows too?

nice to see Triple Play back in rotation.

This was never out of rotation.  It just wasn't played.  Similar to when Double Prices wasn't played in March or April of Season 35.  It wasn't out of the pricing game rotation; it just wasn't played.  Same concept here.  Perhaps a better phrase would be "nice to see Triple Play being played again".

TRIPLE PLAY:  Drew did reveal the price of the Cobalt to himself and everyone else after the cameras were off.

Do you happen to remember the price of the Cobalt?

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2008, 04:23:18 PM »
Triple Play: Talk about blowing it on the very first one. Maybe it was her nerves that got the best of her.

Push Over: $5395 seemed right for the piano. And indeed it was.

Cliff Hangers: Got concerned there when Nancy missed the price of the pitcher by $12. Thank god she got the last SP exactly right to eventually win.

IUFB #4: $8000 on a refrigerator? What got to Nicolas' head there?  :roll:

Switch?: I would've switched the prices too.

Any Number: Talk about getting one number left on each one. Nicolas bucked his odds on 9 and ends up winning $7.92 of change in the piggybank.

Pick-A-Pair: Pretty easy. The juice and the tea bags were the obvious choices when it comes to the same price.

Showcases: Talk about a close finish there. But by a few dollars Teonne got her redemption and ends up getting a car after all. As of what I read here Drew still needs to work on his style when it comes to these reveals on the showcases.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2008, 04:29:20 PM »
Ooh, we're directly in front of Contestant's Row. What are we playing? Most Expensive? Triple Play? One Wrong Price? Super Ball!!? Lucky Seven? ...

Triple Play: Oh, come on! $18,991 for Chevy Cobalt like that?

Push Over: I was about to say 3958 until I saw a better 5395.

One Bid 3: Since Tiziana wanted to up Nancy, I was expecting her to go 1352. "Ah, should've done 1352!"

Cliff Hangers: Good play. I would've tried 45 for the cooler/radio.

Switch?: I would've left the prices alone. Instead of hearing the Switching ditty, I would've heard the buzzer-and-Horns combo.

Any Number: I know it's wrong to judge books by covers, but I did not have any confidence that Nicholas will win the car. One of my reasons is because of his recent 8000 bid on a fridge/freezer [he thought he heard]. He came awfully close, though.

Pick-a-Pair: "Awesome! You better win this one!" I just wanted Tommy to win so badly. His win made my day. I wonder how many Taste of Chicago tickets he won also. Plus, if the Taste package is included, he better get there in about three weeks or around the 4th of July weekend, if he is going. Just hearing Rich talk about the Taste really got me in anticipation mode now. Can't wait to go this year.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline route56

• In the Audience
    • route56.com
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 04:35:51 PM »
I have to agree with the gallery on Triple Play. If  :clipboard: wanted this lost, he didn't want it lost on the first car.

Out of an estimated $144,000 in potential winnings, today's show batted .451. It could be worse, but it certainly was worthy of an hour of my time. Now, if they could just figure how to keep the sound consistent during the broadcast.
All opinions expressed here are well-reasoned and insightful. Needless to say, they are not those of the Price is Right, or any organization for which I have worked for or will work for. Anyone who says otherwise is itching for a fight.

R.P.K.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 04:50:09 PM »
You're kidding, right?  Yes, he seemed slightly lost for a couple seconds a couple times today, but he took it in stride and gave one of his most solid performances of the whole season.  If a few train-of-thought derailments are the price of him hosting professionally, I'll take 'em!

I guess I let Triple Play kind of overshadowed my opinion his performance today.  I really should start not letting small things like that make me critical of some aspects of Drew's performance and enjoy the show in general.

There were times in which Bob didn't reveal the price of an item.  Was Bob off in those parts of the shows too?

I guess I'm just used to the practice of the host revealing the price to the home viewers and the audience, and that probably does not merit any host being "off".  It was just a mistake on their part, and I guess I shouldn't call someone off because they didn't reveal the price.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 04:55:49 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline FlipFlopper7769

• 4/10/2007
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2008, 04:57:18 PM »
I think FlipFlopper7769 meant "between pricing games 1 and 2" when he said stopdown.  He didn't mean in the middle of the segment.  Also, I thought he meant Drew did get the rules right; he was just joking during the stopdown/commercial break. ...

Right, that's exactly what he said to Teonne during the break.

Do you happen to remember the price of the Cobalt?

If my memory serves me correctly, and granted this was a couple of weeks ago, the Cobalt was $15,486.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 05:34:57 PM by Joe_Capitano »
You can go ahead and call me "Mr. Money Game"!
I was on TPiR: Jan 8, 2007!  AIR DATE: Apr. 10, 2007!

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2008, 05:57:45 PM »
I guess I'm just used to the practice of the host revealing the price to the home viewers and the audience, and that probably does not merit any host being "off".  It was just a mistake on their part, and I guess I shouldn't call someone off because they didn't reveal the price

I wouldn't say that means the host is "off" either, but I have to say that was one of the most annoying habits Bob had toward the end of his run, not revealing the remaining prices in Grand Game (and especially in Fortune Hunter when that was played), etc. It took away from the 'play along at home factor' for me.

Offline TPIR75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2008, 06:42:25 PM »
Triple Play:  Good to see it back since December.  Sad to see it lost on the first car. 

IUFB #4: Poor Nicholas...I think it'll be a while before an $8,000 fridge is offered on the daytime show.  Although, he cannot be blamed if he misread a suggestion from the audience.

Any Number: Tough to see the piggy bank won.

Showcases: Close showcase differences today!  About $191 between the two I believe.  But not a bad haul for Teonne today.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 06:44:18 PM by TPIR75 »

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2008, 07:31:08 PM »
Only losses were the CAR GAMES?!  AUTOMATIC BAD SHOW!!!

I took this as a joke, was I supposed to?
Signatures are overrated.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2008, 07:37:49 PM »
Sadly, no.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 11:50:58 PM by Joe_Capitano »
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline The_Great_Butler

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2008, 07:49:29 PM »
Was today's show the first where the turntable lights chased during the credits?
I'll put this in here, but I didn't want it to overshadow the more interesting topic of specials. Earlier in the show Mike and Beth talked about Jenny McCarthy's appointment to The View and it leads to Mike talking about her appearance on Price. Mike says that he and the staff mulled over whether or not to have her on the show because of the controversy that follows her. They ultimately decided to have her because she's "a great advocate for what she believes in." Now, Mike didn't specify exactly what he meant by "what she believes in" and what "belief" of her's that he's addressing, but that could certainly be taken the wrong way.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2008, 08:28:07 PM »
TP:  Yay!  Triple Play! :P Unfortunately, it was played for three cheapos today.  The show really has been overbudget.  I don't understand, though, how anybody can wipe out on a Cobalt.

Pushy:  That most certainly was a pushover.

Hans Game:  Yay!  Cliffy is back! :P

One-Bid #4:  $8,000?!  Please, Lord, not another one of these contestants... :headbang:

?Switch?:  Easy.

Pappy:  That's a cheap trip to Chicago.

SC #2:  Yay!  Showcase '83 cue! :P

My showcase bids:
Room/boat--$28,507
SUV--$36,507
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 08:58:31 PM »
Triple: Teonne, Why?

Push: $5395...Just had to be it.

Cliff: My guess would've been $50 on the cooler/radio and it would've led to something of a miracle for me. But Nancy nailing it "On the Nose" was very cool.

IUFB #4: $8,000??!! WHAT THE HECK??!!  :-o :-o :-o

Switch?: I said "Switch" as well.  :-)

Any #: I'm sorry if I'm being hateful on this, But I've never bben so relieved to see an unworthy player win the piggy bank.

PickPair: I probably would've made a wild guess on the tea bags being the same price as the V8. Good win.

Showcases: WOW!! A very close ending here. Glad to see Teonne make up for disasterous start.

A 3-star show.

Offline BonkersJohn

• 3/24/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • I went Bonkers playing Bonkers!
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2008, 02:06:05 AM »
Just an overall perception - but it seems like Any Number has become harder to win than it has in the past.  Maybe its just the last couple of times that I've seen it, but it seems like a total crapshoot other than having an eduacated guess at the 2nd number of the car.
I went Bonkers playing Bonkers!