Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/11/2008  (Read 17257 times)

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/11/2008
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2008, 04:54:35 PM »
Fun show today. Game slotting today was fantastic.

Everyone is talking about that Oct. 15th show with Grocery 2nd I believe the full lineup was this
1) Golden Road
2) Grocery Game
3) Plinko
4) Most Expensive
5) That's Too Much
6) Barker's Bargain Bar

Grocery Game was also won that day as well.

The lineup in which Pick-a-Number last appeared 5th was:
1) Pushover
2) Lucky 7
3) Buy or Sell
4) Check Out
5) Pick-a-Number
6) Dice Game

It's somewhat ironic to me that the last time P-A-N was played 5th Dice Game followed as it followed P-A-N today. I don't remember if it was won or lost that day however.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2008, 04:58:33 PM »
Per the May 25, 2006 recap, Pick-a-Number was lost and Dice Game was won.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2008, 05:10:43 PM »
Quote from: route56
Out of a possible $99,619 in winnings, today batted .802.

I can't get that figure.  Without counting the possibility of a double showcase win, six $500 bonuses for bidding perfectly on the items up for bids, or six $11,000 bonuses for the showcase showdowns, I get $98,499--if I'm adding something wrong, I can't figure out where.  But even with just considering the possibility of a double showcase win, which is a very realistic possibility in any given episode, it goes up to $115,979.  And with all that other stuff stuff added in, which is admittedly very unlikely to all happen in any episode, it goes up to $184,979.  And if I really wanted to get nitpicky, and consider the slim possibility of a quadruple showcase win, it goes up to $259,152... which is probably not the value you want to consider, admittedly. 

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2008, 05:23:33 PM »
GROCERY GAME: 2nd? That's rather odd. And Drew, be more enthusiastic when you announce when someone wins.

Drew and pretty much the entire audience thought she lost. Heck, even I thought she lost, until I saw $10.47 show up, and even then, I thought Shane made a mistake.
Signatures are overrated.

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2008, 05:28:55 PM »
I'm amazed Flip Flop was won. The contestant didn't pick the price ending in 5? What is this, Coming or Going?  :P

Quiet down out there! She won! Maybe the show should hand out calculators for the days that Grocery Game/Check Out/Check Game are played. Or any other game with math. Like Take Two.

I enjoyed One Away today. With seeing the numbers to make decisions, not listening to the audience (or at least looking at them) during the first part of the game, and just the whole process of asking about the numbers, it was probably one of the best One Away playings I've seen. (Maybe not by price, but everything else.)

That thing sure didn't look $3,000! Tough loss....which cost us a perfect show. Ah well.\

I'd say Pick a Number was a sub today, but I'm not sure what it'd be for, since we've lacked SP games a lot lately. Easy playing.

The transition from the car to Dice Game was just kind of....awkward for me....I don't know.

I can't get that figure.  Without counting the possibility of a double showcase win, six $500 bonuses for bidding perfectly on the items up for bids, or six $11,000 bonuses for the showcase showdowns, I get $98,499--if I'm adding something wrong, I can't figure out where. 

I got $98,503. Huh. That's without all of your stuff, (but with the $500 from Make Your Mark).

Offline FlipFlopper7769

• 4/10/2007
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2008, 05:33:44 PM »
FlipFlopper, from your perspective, does Make Your Mark stick out more than Grand Game did before they started hanging the tag above the floor?

Well, the price tag is on the floor and you see the very top rounded half of the game, and what's more, the lights for it are flashing! The Grand Game prop is taller so I'd assume that would stick out much more than Mark would.  You can also make out the very tips of the letters "MAKE YOUR".
You can go ahead and call me "Mr. Money Game"!
I was on TPiR: Jan 8, 2007!  AIR DATE: Apr. 10, 2007!

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2008, 06:16:38 PM »
I'd say Pick a Number was a sub today, but I'm not sure what it'd be for, since we've lacked SP games a lot lately.

There have been a lot of shows in which no SP game was played, so I don't think the fact that no SP game was played is the reason Pick a Number was a sub.  I don't even think it was a sub.

Offline route56

• In the Audience
    • route56.com
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2008, 07:04:50 PM »
I can't get that figure.  Without counting the possibility of a double showcase win, six $500 bonuses for bidding perfectly on the items up for bids, or six $11,000 bonuses for the showcase showdowns, I get $98,499--if I'm adding something wrong, I can't figure out where.

You didn't add anything wrong, I did. I mis-read the correct prices in MYM, adding the values of the contestant's picks. I also did not include the $500, since it is not required to win the game.

Since I can't edit my first post, let me try this again:

Out of a possible $97,999 in winnings (not taking into account perfect bids, the wheel, DSWs, and in this case the possible MYM $500), today's show batted .785

My original batting average was also off :-(
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 07:15:39 PM by route56 »
All opinions expressed here are well-reasoned and insightful. Needless to say, they are not those of the Price is Right, or any organization for which I have worked for or will work for. Anyone who says otherwise is itching for a fight.

R.P.K.

Offline CBach88

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2008, 07:48:01 PM »
I enjoyed this show very much. Gail, the One Away contestant made me laugh so much. She was so funny. I'm so happy that she won the car and got to be in the showcase.

I didn't know that Make Your Mark went under such a big set change like it did. I was so surprised.

I didn't get to see the other half because of a job interview.

Overall, it was a good show.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2008, 08:33:04 PM »
MYMark:  There is no way any of those prizes was gonna be $3,620.  I don't know how that was lost.  And I'm dismayed that that loss blew a perfect show.
Haven't you learned it's the clueless contestants with the stupid losses that blow it, with all our 5/6s recently? :(

Despite that...SAMOAN ALERT! That was great, I thought -415 or -635 were equally good changes. :P Dicey was also finally nice to a contestant.

A-
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2008, 11:03:56 PM »
FlipFlop: Good win.

Grocery: Second?? How unique!! Cheryl made this playing very cool. A pretty much "shot-in-the-dark" win.

One Away: Well, Diane sure made this playing such a HOOT. Drew sure had a ball with her and seeing her ways of saying "Old Mighty Sound Effects Lady" was a RIOT. Great win.

Mark: An obviously easy setup is foiled.

P-a-N: Very nice.

Dice: Another mighty good win.

Showcases: Congrads to Diane for coming out on top.

A 3.50-star show.

Offline Bully

• In the Audience
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2008, 11:29:02 PM »
good show Great folks ON the stage I Laughed at how drew almost forgot the Last person 2 be Called down so Over all a pretty good show!!
I LOVE the price is right!!

Offline 2008nowandthen

• 4/10/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2008, 01:42:13 AM »

Hey All,

Great show today.  Should have been a "perfect show"  .....BUT, some was "heck bent on holding on to $500", paying no attention to the "3 big prizes they could have won".

If so glad Clifton got on stage and did well, as his spirit-attitude is what The Price Is Right is all about.  Many a future contestants and former contestants should and could "take a lesson from him".  He lost the showcase with class.  He treated the NOTOT Contestant in front of him in bidders row with class, more class than I would have if I were in danger of being "stuck-boxed into contestants row because of them".

My friend was in the audience for this show, drawing priority number 294, THE VERY SAME ONE I HAD..., and I agreed with them that One Away was "painful to watch", BUT Im glad she won the car, she seemed like a nice person.  Thank God it was edited. 

Before yall start bashing, I know people get nervous on stage.  But how many times does Drew have to explain the pricing game :-?.

Keith
4-10-08

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2008, 03:03:54 AM »
Is today Friday?

Grocery Game second...Pick a Number fifth...and Make Your Mark; well just Make Your Mark showing up with Pick a Number is enough.

Cool ass lineup and good show.

Nice work, Roger.
John

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2008, 05:49:45 AM »
Very good show today,

Also one of the most emotional One Away playings that I have seen!  How much was actually edited from this game's playing?

Joe