Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/13/2008  (Read 18202 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/13/2008
« on: June 13, 2008, 03:37:19 PM »
The Price is Right - June 13, 2008
Production #4375K - Taped May 21, 2008

Drew: stage entrance
First Four lineup: left to right
Handoff: Tamiko

Models of the Day: Tamiko Nash, Rachel Reynolds and Shane Stirling
Wearing: Venus

1   Bob Burns No Bananas Gold Equipment (S)
MARK 575 PAMELA 7200 CERENA *980 BONNI 7500 ($2175)
STUPID BIDSTUPID BID

Cerena plays LUCKY SEVEN for a Pontiac Solstice (Std., AT, Pref, Wheels)(R)

Picks:5 6 9
Price:   $2 7 4 4 5
Bucks:7 5 3 0LOSS

2   Le Creuset Cookware (T)
+Mark 850 +Pamela *700 MONIQUE 425 +Bonni 1100 ($710)

Pamela from Hemitt, CA, prepare thyself. IT'S THE $50,000 PL!NKO! FRIDAY!!!

Free Chip(3)0L
Retrostyle Popcorn Maker3/23$39*(5)10000  WIN!
Silverplate Airplane Teapot3/9989*(5)500L
(Emerson) 8-bottle Wine Cooler3/0380Total
Swim Ways Spring Float3/6330*(5)10000$20,500

3   Yamaha Clavinova Digital Piano (R)
+Mark *3001 KEVIN 3300 Monique 2800 +Bonni 1800 ($3195)

Mark from Minnesota plays COMING OR GOING for a Catalina Expo 12.5 Sailboat

→$4827   (He's "Going")   WIN!

SHOWDOWN #1
$2,175Cerena45 + 85OV
8,022Mark75 stay.75Through to Showcase Round
21,368Pamela70 + 55OV(Puny 1st Spin)

4   Holland Grill Epic BBQ Grill (S)
VICKI 956 Kevin 449 Monique 850 +Bonni *600 ($729)

Bonni from Montclair, CA, the last of the 'First Four", plays LIINE EM UP for a Pontiac Vibe (Std., AC, AT, Cargo, Prot)(S)

1st Try2nd Try
 1 1
2 Ergo Lounger Patio Chaises (R)3[9]83 9[8]
Toiletry Bag2[5]2[5]
Assorted Art Supplies (T)6 2[4]6 2[4]
 6 6
2 RIGHTWIN!

5   The World Book Encyclopedia (S&T)
Vicki 1000 Kevin *720 Monique 495 TIFFANY 200 ($999)

Kevin plays CHECK OUT for a Broyhill Affinity Dining Group and Royal Doulton Baroness China Dinnerware (R)($6511)

KevinMSRPDiff
Nabisco Chips Ahoy! Cookies (bag)$  2.99$  3.49–  .50
Cajun Injector Marinade3.495.99–2.50
Hot Pockets (2 pk)1.992.49–  .50
(Starburst) Fruit Chews (single)1.19.55+ .64
Gold Bond Body Powder   3.00   7.20–4.20
$12.66$19.72–7.02LOSS

6   Brunswick V-Force Air Hockey Table (R)
Vicki *851 RICARDO 650 Monique 525 Tiffany 850 ($925)

Vicki plays 1 RIGHT PRICE

Flexsteel Jackson Sofa (S)$1875$1875WIN!
Home Gym (T)$1000

SHOWDOWN #2
$999Kevin70 stay.70
3,800Vicki55 + 40.95
20,322Bonni30 + 701.00*$1000*   Bonus 35 Through to Showcase Round

SHOWCASE ROUND
Bonni has the honor.

SC1-Bonni (Motorola) Cellular Phone (R)
Sigma SD14 Digital SLR Camera
Bulova Accutron Ladies' Diamond Watch (S)
Dodge Caravan SE (Std., AT, V6, BlkHtr)(T)
BID$36,000
PRICE24,653
DIFFOVER
TOTAL$21,322
SC2-Mark SOCCER (with an appearance by the U.S. Women's Soccer Team)
Soccer Equipment
"Bend It Like Beckham" DVD
(Sony) VCR+DVD Combo/(Sony) 55" Projection HDTV (T)
Trip to Athens (6n)(The Team)
BID$13,220
PRICE16,586
DIFF–3,366
TOTAL$24,608

Today's Pricing Games: 4 for 6
Total Winnings: $74,272

THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL GOLDEN-ROAD.net SHOW RECAP.
REPRODUCTION PROHIBITED WITHOUT AUTHOR PERMISSION.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 09:07:20 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/13/2008
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 03:43:43 PM »
Awesome cameo on SC2! Fit quite nicely... :P

L7 was just :clipboard: tastic. I thought she'd PWN the audience with that 9... Pl!nko's on a good run... Coggy got a win... LeR had some other good choices, but she managed to find the right one... Checky was today's debacle, especially with him later on almost spinning again on 70... easy pickings for us but not usually the contestants on 1RP, good for her... I MUST DIG! ...Dodge Caravan = cheap for a van, it completely fooled her.

B+
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 03:46:04 PM »
I could've sworn Bob Barker was hosting before the prize reveal before Coming or Going. That was hilarious!
Signatures are overrated.

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 03:52:53 PM »
"SOFA! SOFA! SOFA! SOFA!"

ok then, i'll just be placing this price over by the home gym you selected...
You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 03:54:22 PM »
Friday the 13th....what will happen today?

7200? What a.....7500??? They must shop together.

The only time to pick a 9 is if you only have $1 left. Otherwise, it's just a waste. Sure, if it is a 9, you won't waste any money, but there's a 1/9 (not counting 0s) chance that it will be. (This is mainly for the last couple of numbers, where it's kind of a crapshoot).

Wonder how many more times Plinko will show up this season...my guess would be every full week.

Another loss on Coming or Go- What? IT WAS WON! YAY! (Well, sorta. I put it down as a loss for my FPG picks.  :P)

Aw...no mention of how good the Chips Ahoy and their bag are.... :P Also love how sophisticated Starburst sounds when it's "Fruit Chews".  :P

Nice job, Vicki. That could have easily been a loss. And Rachel appearantly wanted it to be.  :lol:

You got to love the second showcase....I was expecting some sort of expensive car, though, but Athens makes sense.  :P

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 04:39:37 PM »
I don't know about everyone else, but I think this has to be Drew's best performance so far this season.  He was full of energy and, in a way, kind of did some things that were reminiscent of how Bob hosted years ago.

I liked how Drew nearly took Pamela's $72,000(!) bid almost like it was nothing before she changed it to $7,200 and how he took Bonni's $7,500 bid with the same treatment.

I think Roger was trying to get a win out of Lucky $even.  Had Cerena guessed all fives, she would have had $3 left and won the convertible.  The audience was groaning at her guess of 9 for the fourth number, and that was the nail in the coffin.

I laughed at how Drew noted the audience groaned whenever Bonni bid in the second bidding round.

Those last two Plinko chips flew down the board probably the fastest I have ever seen.

Drew really emulated Bob when he jokingly told Mark to get off the stage because he already had a college degree.

Well, we got our second Line em Up win this season, not that that's anything noteworthy, but it has been quite a while since we saw a win in that game!

Yay, Check-Out was played!

Speaking of Check-Out, it seems like it has been forever since we saw the Starburst candy on the show.  On another note about the game, Kevin really killed his chances of winning when he underbid on the powder and the marinade.

I just found it really interesting that the actual total was $19.72-the same year the show began.

I kind of laughed at how Rachel nearly put the one right price on the home gym instead of the sofa.  Speaking of 1 Right Price, I think today's setup was a bit tough, home gyms can be expensive and so can sofas.

Today's soccer showcase is definitely one of the best ones this season, featuring the whole USA Women's Soccer Team. 

Drew did the showcase ARP reveals probably the best he ever has done them today, with more enthusiasm and he still kept that when he did the signoff.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 04:46:47 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 04:43:53 PM »
IUFB #1: $7200?! $7500?! What were Pamela and Bonni drinking lately?  :oldlol:

Lucky Seven: I would probably get those 3 numbers off by 2 and get the last one exactly right. Definitely this wasn't bound for a win unfortunately.  :-( Thanks a lot Dob!  :-x

Plinko: It's great that Pamela got $20,500 today.

Coming Or Going: I would be "coming." I would lose there. Mark though won by "going."

Line Em' Up: I would change the 4.  A loss for me. A win for Bonni as she picked out the right one to change.

Check-Out: Every single item I saw was more than once. Man did the marinade and the body powder really killed it for Kevin today.

One Right Price: Hey Rachel! She said the couch. Why are you taking it to the home gym?  :oldlol: I would guess the sofa too.  :biggrin:

SCSD #2: I wanted Kevin to win.  :evil: I don't know why he wanted to spin again on 70 cents.  :roll: Luckily the audience and his girlfriend got him to change his mind. Sadly though not too long he was out.  :evil:

Showcases: It's great seeing the U.S. women's soccer team on the show. But being patriotic I have root for our own Canadian women's soccer team. Lol. No hard feelings guys.  :oldlol: I had a feeling that Bonni would go over on her showcase. And I thought with the trip to Athens being included that Mark's showcase would be expensive. But the soccer equipment, DVD, VCR/DVD, and the HDTV being that cheap it definitely went on Mark's favor as he's the big winner today with a great bid.

Offline mikebev25

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 04:51:44 PM »
Good show today, some solid games. I would've won every game but COG.

Drew must have loved the showcase today, with his passion for soccer.
Retired Games that should be brought back:
Barker's Bargain Bar, Buy or Sell, Superball!, Super Saver, Split Decision, Give or Keep, Hurdles, Penny Ante, Walk of Fame

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2008, 05:37:31 PM »
I'm not sure if I'll be able to put together a decent post today after just getting slapped with the sudden death of Tim Russert, but I'll try my best.

One-Bid #1:  $7,200?!  $7,500?!  Are they kidding me?!

L7:  I'm sorry, but 9 was a dumb guess.  And Roger even had this game set up for a win.

Borko:  What a comeback for Pamela!  She went from a rotten :wotc: on golf clubs to a $20,500 Plinko win.  I must say those Plinko chips literally flew down the board today.  I can't recall them dropping that fast before.

LEU:  Fourth?!  I knew this game was due, but I was not expecting it fourth.  I'm surprised that this was won.  I thought for sure that car was $19,000+.

C-Out:  $3.00 for Gold Bond?!  I knew that was an autoloss... especially considering he was way low on the first three products.  LOL at the actual total being $19.72!

SC #1:  STAGE :wotc:

Sc #2:  WHOO Showcase '83 cue! :P Great cameos by the U.S. Olympic women's soccer team, too!

My showcase bids:
Van--$21,507
Soccer--$13,307

Drew was definitely on the ball today.  He thoroughly enjoyed himself from start to finish.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 05:53:48 PM »
It's too bad Lucky $even was lost:  that was so set up for a win.  I liked how excited Cerena was.  Something like "quadruple-duple excited"?

I don't know if Check-Out was supposed to be won--probably not--but I can't believe Kevin only guessed $3.00 on the Gold Bond.  That so looks more than a mere $3.00.  Apparently the rest of the audience would've come closer to winning, at least.

Today's One Right Price playing would've been near-impossible to win if it were Switch? instead.  I'd have won solely because I'd have guessed the home gym to be higher than $1875!

You know, when I saw the US soccer team in the showcase... the biggest thing going on in my mind was "how did they get everyone to agree that #20 would be the one allowed to speak" :oldlol:?

Quote from: Wayoshi
L7 was just [Dob]tastic.

Quote from: wpghi5
Lucky Seven: I would probably get those 3 numbers off by 2 and get the last one exactly right. Definitely this wasn't bound for a win unfortunately.  :-( Thanks a lot Dob!  :-x

You're kidding!  That was one of the most Lucky $even-friendly prices in Lucky $even history!  The only way someone could lose is if either they played badly, or they were way too suspicious of Roger.  Heck, my guesses, being the suspicious type, were 8, 3, 2, 3, and I'd have still won!

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2008, 05:59:53 PM »
Pretty nice show today,Drew was awesome, but the lineup was pretty lame for the most part at least as far as slotting is concerned . I could have done without seeing 1 Right Price last (it and Coming or Going shoulda swapped slots since Coggy is a much better quickie than 1RP), but Line 'Em Up 4th was pretty cool. When was the last time that was played fourth?  

L7: Aw, back in its 1st slot. C'mon Dob play it last again this year please. As far as the car price goes-that was winnable-esp. with going the all 5 route, but two 4's in the price?!?

Plinko: Wow another big winner. Seems we've seen more higher payouts in this game this year over years past.

CoG: Hey, a rare win in this game. What's it record for the year now? 6-20 or something?

Check Out: I just wonder where Kevin buys his Gold Bond. That was all she wrote when he said $3.00

One Right Price: Tricky setup in my opinion. That home gym sure looked more than $1000 and that sofa sooo not looked to be $1875.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 06:05:02 PM »
...but Line 'Em Up 4th was pretty cool. When was the last time that was played fourth?

Believe it or not, today was the first time in the history of The Price is Right, that Line em Up was played fourth!  Also, this is the first time this season that Line em Up has been played in a slot other than fifth.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 06:10:50 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 06:43:41 PM »
You're kidding!  That was one of the most Lucky $even-friendly prices in Lucky $even history!  The only way someone could lose is if either they played badly, or they were way too suspicious of Roger.  Heck, my guesses, being the suspicious type, were 8, 3, 2, 3, and I'd have still won!
I call consecutive repeating numbers tough. Not many contestants stick to the all-5s strategy anymore.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 06:47:02 PM »
I may not know much about prices, but I definitely know golf clubs don't cost $7000+.  $7200?? $7500??  Those golf clubs aren't made out of gold!

Glad to see Plinko get quite a few big winners this season.  $20,500 is a really good payout.

Oh my gosh, Coming or Going was actually won! :-o  Been so long since I've seen someone win, I've forgotten how it looked like. :-P

I'm surprised Kevin underpriced that Gold Bond as much as he did.  I knew he had lost the moment he did that.

What a great appearance by the U.S. Women's Soccer Team!  I was actually expecting a trip to Brazil.  At least I was half-right. :lol:
All Hail Sinfonia!

Offline route56

• In the Audience
    • route56.com
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2008, 07:10:50 PM »
I missed bits an pieces due to waking up late :-( and signal loss.

Golf Clubs: There could be a golf set out there worth over $7,000. However, I don't see :clipboard: using them as an one-bid item. :-)

Soccer Showcase: I was expecting a trip to China (site of this year's Olympics) rather than 2004's Athens.

Out of a potential $144,875 in prizes, today's show batted .512. The Loss on L7, plus the high potential winnings in Plinko! moved the batting average down a bit

Meanwhile, the Tornado that struck Chapman was an EF-3, Manhattan got hit with an EF-4, and Senator Pat Roberts was out in Chapman to check out the damage and score some points for his upcoming re-election campaign.
All opinions expressed here are well-reasoned and insightful. Needless to say, they are not those of the Price is Right, or any organization for which I have worked for or will work for. Anyone who says otherwise is itching for a fight.

R.P.K.