Author Topic: "Grand Slam"ing The Price Is Right  (Read 4168 times)

Offline Bluescreen_ODeff

• In Contestant's Row
  • Owe love...and owe love.
    • The Sweeping Developer
"Grand Slam"ing The Price Is Right
« on: June 15, 2008, 06:47:39 PM »
I was just wondering about some things about The Price Is Right, one being: has there been anyone in the history of TPiR that has done the following in one day?  :

1. Got their One-Bid exactly right
2. Won the most possible in their pricing game
3. Won the most possible in the Showcase Showdown
4. Won both showcases

In the daytime version, someone could reach the $100K mark on a normal day if the game was Plinko.  In primetime, one could win up to $2.3 million.
Ecclesiastes 12:13

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: "Grand Slam"ing The Price Is Right
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 07:30:37 PM »
In the daytime version, someone could reach the $100K mark on a normal day if the game was Plinko. 

...or Golden Road, if played for a high enough grand prize.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 08:48:20 PM »
In the daytime version, someone could reach the $100K mark on a normal day if the game was Plinko. 

or Triple Play (and possibly 3 Strikes)

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 07:49:33 AM »
In primetime, one could win up to $2.3 million.

That is, if they won the Million Dollar Game, $55,000 on the Big Wheel ($5,000 for the first dollar, and $50,000 for the second) and both showcases.

Offline stormy41992

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I'll Miss You Bob!
    • TV & Game Shows
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 03:35:56 AM »
AFAIK it has never happened. perhaps Steve or someone else can tell us the official answer?
STORMY'S STATS FOR HIS 2ND SEASON OF CSS: [Wins: 0] [Top 10/5 Finishes: 3/1] [DSWs: 0] [Overbids/WSDs: 0/0] [Lowest SC Difference: $857] [Games Played: 6] [Current No-OVER Streak: 6]
SCORE OF THE FIRST EVER "FRIENDLY" RIVALRY: Stormy41992 - 2////cu2010 - 2

Offline bossman71_ky

• In the Audience
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 07:55:31 PM »
For some reason, I think this DID happen sometime in the mid 90's...

I seem to remember a guy, a very backwoods sorta redneck guy, getting called down, and telling Bob he loved and knew everything about the show.  He then won the first IUFB that he had a chance to bid on (exact price), played his pricing game, won that....

I believe he did win the showcase showdown, and get both showcases too, but I'm not TOO sure on that.

He was  a very memorable contestant, and seemed to know the price of EVERYTHING on the set.

Maybe this'll jog someone else's memory a little bit?!
CSS pts: 91.33

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 08:13:14 PM »
I don't remember that happening in the mid-90s...seems like that'd be a standout episode too.  Did he win the most possible in the showcase showdown bossman?  He'd have to to make it a 'grand slam' like the original poster was asking about.

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 08:57:54 PM »
I seem to remember a guy, a very backwoods sorta redneck guy, getting called down, and telling Bob he loved and knew everything about the show.  He then won the first IUFB that he had a chance to bid on (exact price), played his pricing game, won that....

He wasn't in the 90's but, you might be confusing him with Michael from the pink, purple, blue turntable days. He got his one-bid exactly right, and played Buy or Sell. He then got the record for most money won on Buy or Sell, and he told Bob the exact prices of the 3 prizes before they were revealed. Again, I am probably wrong, but he fits the description you gave right there.
Signatures are overrated.

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 10:49:38 PM »
Michael didn't even make it to the showcase, so he doesn't fit all of the criteria.

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 11:22:16 AM »
Michael didn't even make it to the showcase, so he doesn't fit all of the criteria.

Bossman didn't know if he made it to the showcase. But, it's the closest thing I could come up with.
Signatures are overrated.

Offline ClockGameJohn

• TPiR Alumnus &
  • Executive Producer
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 07:21:16 PM »
He wasn't in the 90's but, you might be confusing him with Michael from the pink, purple, blue turntable days. He got his one-bid exactly right, and played Buy or Sell. He then got the record for most money won on Buy or Sell, and he told Bob the exact prices of the 3 prizes before they were revealed. Again, I am probably wrong, but he fits the description you gave right there.

I don't want to sidetrack the conversation, but Michael's record was declared by Bob when in fact someone had won more in the game at the time.
John