Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/17/2008  (Read 12225 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/17/2008
« on: June 17, 2008, 02:24:43 PM »
The Price is Right - June 17, 2008
Production #4382K - Taped June 2, 2008

Drew: stage entrance
First Four lineup: right to left
Handoff: Lanisha

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds and Brandi Sherwood
Wearing: Wish Collection

1   Murrey Delano Billiard Table (B&R)
JUSTIN 2000 ROBIN 3000 ERYN *1200 TRACEY 1650 ($1300)

Eryn plays BARGAIN BAR

carolinachair.com Brooks Sofa (L)$  605$1605$1000
Runco 32" LCD TV (R)PICK$1295$1995$  700LOSS

2   Early English Wall CLock (B&R)
+Justin 550 +Robin 500 EVELYN *800 +Tracey 425 ($2160)

Evelyn plays PUNCHBOARD

Fish Shower Radio$9HIGHER$13*(22)500
Beverage Buggy70LOWER50*( 7 )500
12 pc Tool Kit15HIGHER25*(35)50
Batter Dispenser50LOWER36*(39)50LOSS

3   Tutto 3 pc Luggage Set (All)
+Justin 660 +Robin 1 ALLAN 900 +Tracey 431 ($565)

Tracey plays TEMPTATION for a Dodge Avenger SXT (Std., App., Mats, Moulding, Stereo, Conv.)(B)

Jon Margeaux Fleur de lis Serveware$11000/11No Changes
"Now That's What I Call Music" Collection6644/66Goes for Car
Dimplex Symphony Outdoor Stove3993/99Tracey: $21,695
Ligna Nouveaux Architect's Desk    5000/55Car: $21,430
$2663LOSS

SHOWDOWN #1
$565Tracey  50 + 75OV
1,300Eryn  55 stay.55
2,334Evelyn1001.00*$1000*   Bonus 25   Through to Showcase Round

4   kmart Martha Stewart Patio Group (All)
+Justin 300 +Robin 525 Allan *526 KENNA 500 ($550)
STUPID BID

Allan from Anaheim, CA plays DOUBLE PRICES for a Sonoma Round Spa (All)

$5960
($4750)WIN!
$4750PICK

5   2 Meyda Tiffany Calla Lamps (R)
+Justin 1800 +Robin 1 JOHN *850 Kenna 800 ($1100)

John from Bakersfield, CA plays THAT'S TOO MUCH! for a Chrysler PT Cruiser LX (Std., 2.4l)(L)($17,435)

$12,601 $14,699 $16,464 $18,012 $20,155
LOSS

Sometimes adversity breeds togetherness. Justin and Robin have stood together for the entire show. Now, Mimi is staring them down, knowing one or both of them will be heading her way shortly. Robin has the last bid, and the best chance of escaping. Who's heading off to the "First Four" Breakfast Club?

6   Nirve His/Hers Cruisers (L&R)
+Justin 765 +Robin *766 Bonnie 250 Kenna 750 ($1000)
STUPID BID

Justin heads off to the clubhouse while Robin escapes! She plays NOW...OR THEN for a Magnussen Seven Oaks Bedroom Group and a Bemco Posture Fairfax Sleep Set (B)($7737)

"Then" is September 1996

(6) Gold Bond Cream$4.56THENNOW 
(1) Hot Pockets (2 pk)2.49NOWNOW*
(2) Dncan Hines Cake Mix1.59THENTHEN
(3) Nabisco Ritz Crackers (4 pk)2.99THENTHEN*   WIN!
(4) Nabisco Chips Ahoy! Cookies (bag)
(5) Breathe Right Nasal Strips

SHOWDOWN #2
$1,100John40 + 45.85Through to Showcase Round
5,300Allan35 + 35.70
8,737Robin30 + 40.70

SHOWCASE ROUND
Evelyn has the honor.

SC1-John HOW TO MANAGE ANGER
Boxing Equipment (L)
Trip to Yosemite Natl. Park (via Fresno; 6n @ Tenaya)(R)
Fleetwood Prowler 230RKS Travel Trailer (B)
BID$29,600
PRICE30,746
DIFF–1,146
TOTAL$31,846
SC2-Evelyn JumpSport Stagebounce Trampoline (R)
Costa 7n Caribbean Cruise (via Ft. Lauderdale)(B)
Chevy Imala LS (Std., Bench)(L)
BID$26,500
PRICE30,673
DIFF–4,173
TOTAL$  3,334

Today's Pricing Games: 2 for 6
Total Winnings: $51,082

THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL GOLDEN-ROAD.net SHOW RECAP.
REPRODUCTION PROHIBITED WITHOUT AUTHOR PERMISSION.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 11:48:06 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/17/2008
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 02:37:10 PM »
BBB: Don't go away from your gut feeling! :oops:
Punchy: Now that wasn't very nice...
Tempty: I knew the -95 had to be a trap. I think this same car and price was played here earlier this season or something, looks familiar.
SD1: I MUST DIG!
DP: That's a spa? :P
TTHARD: Grr, he was basically 50-50 on going on...
Now/Then: Kinda of a lucky win IMO.
SCs: That Prowler is < 1k per foot (31,608) ... cruises are $$$, even with the border-line 20k car (30,308).
Results: Grrr...looking back, I didn't lower my bid on the Prowler enough... :roll:

B
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 02:46:17 PM »
Overall good show today. I especially enjoyed seeing the 2nd and 3rd games today-one can never go wrong with a Punchy/Temptation 1-2 combo.

Bargain Bar: Somewhat tough, but very winnable. I could have seen picking either prize-both screamed "pick me."

Punchboard: Well, Evelyn was consistent-all her slips had "5" on them in one form or fashion. Too bad she wound up with $50.

Tempty: That was just plain hard!! The last 3 digits were about as difficult to have gotten as i've seen in a long time. $21,695, $21,495, $21, 430, $21,435, and $21,630 were all reasonable guesses. With that many combinations of possibilities it would have been amazing to have gotten a win today. I don't blame Tracey for risking everything either, that group of prizes today was probably one of the worst combinations i've seen offered in this game.

That's Too Much: That's too far

Showcases: Poor Evelyn just had no luck today. She made a good bid on her showcase, but John made an outstanding bid.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2008, 03:11:00 PM »
Another decent show.

BBB: It was a tossup for me...but I picked the sofa. Kinda tricky setup.

PUNCHY: Tough break for Evelyn.  At least the SPs were somewhat easy.

TEMPTY: Wow...that was tough.  I was thinking $21690...

SD1: $1000!

DP: Fairly easy setup.

TTM: That was kinda tricky...but I went with $18K.

NoT: I found that to be fairly easy.

SCs: Wow...those are probably the closest ARPs I've seen in a while. My bids:
       Trailer = $30500 (:dsw:)
       Car = $27000 (diff. 3673)

OVERALL: 3.5/5.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline OrchestraRicki

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2008, 03:16:17 PM »
Eh, what's up, Doc?  When I saw Lanisha Cole bump a prize onto another prize on Temptation, I thought that this was a great comedy!  Even Drew Carey and Rich Fields laughed with her.  That was something to cheer me up after a long night of Latin Jazz recording last night.  That was a good show overall. :-)

Hector Manuel Torres Jr.

Offline route56

• In the Audience
    • route56.com
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2008, 03:30:42 PM »
The first half of the show was enjoyable despite being winless.

Interesting that both showcases were relatively close in price.

By the numbers, brought to you by the Anne-Droid: Out of a possible $105,160 in prizes available, today's show batted .486. 60% of the total winnings today came from the showcase.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 03:43:20 PM by Joe_Capitano »
All opinions expressed here are well-reasoned and insightful. Needless to say, they are not those of the Price is Right, or any organization for which I have worked for or will work for. Anyone who says otherwise is itching for a fight.

R.P.K.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2008, 03:41:54 PM »
I don't think I have ever seen anyone punch out four holes in Punch a Bunch as fast as Evelyn.  It's a darn shame that she ended up with a mere $50; she was fun to watch.

It looked like an overbid or two was edited out in the third bidding round, judging how the camera zoomed in on Allan.

I really wonder why Drew didn't push the button to reveal the two at the start of Temptation, it just seemed kind of weird since he's been doing it properly so far this season. 

I guess how they didn't show the first prize being wheeled out was kind of warranted; Drew was talking to Tracey about her birthday and having a prize wheeled out at the same time would be a bit out of place in that kind of banter.

I laughed at how Lanisha knocked into the serveware with the stove and Drew had to pick up anything that was knocked over.

I don't blame Tracey one bit for going for the car; today's four prizes in Temptation were just not tempting enough for a $21,000+ car.  Also, today's setup was tough, especially with the choices for the third and fifth digits.

I really think there was an edit at the end of That's Too Much, the way how it just jumped from Drew consoling John to the throw to commercial.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2008, 05:03:37 PM »
If you have no clue, pick the cheaper bargain price.  ;-)

Yay! It's Punchy! Darn....just $50...ah well....it should be played more this season, hopefully.

I probably would have quit with the prizes in Temptation....don't need any of that (well, the NOW collection would be fun), but that was a tough playing....

I love how the audience clapped when Drew revealed the first number was a 2.  :P

When Allan ran at the end of Double Prices, I thought he was going to jump in the spa. I probably would do something like that.  :P

I agree with goldroadfanatic here; looked like there was an edit after That's Too Much.

Speaking of TTM, I really don't like how the contestants say "I'm stopping" when they're done. That used to provide some fun moments with Bob, but Drew just lets it go.

Whenever I see Now or Then, I always think it has feet, the way the stands are.  :lol:

I had thought that the Gold Bond was the other "THEN" price, with the cake mix....how much does Ritz cost now if it $3.00 12 years ago?

Offline WarioBarker

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Azumanga WHO - my first-ever published work!
    • DeviantART Profile (see what I'm up to!)
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 05:18:23 PM »
BARGAIN BAR: I think you may have confused 'LCD' with 'HD'.

PUNCHBOARD: Roger, has this happened before?

TEMPTATION: Hi, Holly! Anyway, $2,663 isn't enough for a BAILOUT. Now, had that total included, say, CASH I would've said to bail.

SHOWDOWN I: EVERYBODY DIG!

Second half...
DOUBLE PRICES: Easy win.

THAT'S TOO MUCH! Should've went with your gut, man.

NOW...OR THEN: Good win.

SHOWDOWN II: Highest number hit was 45? Oy vey!

-----------------------------

SHOWCASE #1: What, those soft bonking sticks weren't around?

SHOWCASE #2: She's either wearing shorts or a miniskirt...I'll go with the latter.

RESULTS: Some good bidding here.

-----------------------------

FINAL RULING: Four losses...but two wins, the best Drew of the Season, and a Showcase victory... 5/10 (C-)

That's all from me.
-Daniel

MOD NOTE: Game names reinstated. - JC
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 05:38:57 PM by Joe_Capitano »
Quote from: The_Great_Butler
WarioBarker is exactly right.
This post ©2009 DB Enterprises, Inc. -- But at least it wasn't my fault Drew removed the ability to comment from his blog.

Offline mikebev25

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 05:28:00 PM »
I woulda won Temptation today.

Sucks Evelyn only won 50 bucks at the punchboard. That had to be the worst total there I've seen in a while.

OK show today.
Retired Games that should be brought back:
Barker's Bargain Bar, Buy or Sell, Superball!, Super Saver, Split Decision, Give or Keep, Hurdles, Penny Ante, Walk of Fame

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 05:41:03 PM »
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Lots of good ones today... I'll let Frank pick
SHOW GRADE: 2

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 05:50:59 PM »
Tracey was great!  Happy just-birthday girl, and a shame she didn't win much at all.  That was the hardest Temptation setup I can remember seeing in at least a decade.  I don't ever remember all four numbers being such a random 50-50 guess before.  Roger could've at least offered some semi-tempting prizes, but no, he was looking for a full-blown loss.  Can't really blame Tracey for going for the car.  Even with the ridiculous 1-in-16 odds, the gifts today were about as bad as Temptation gifts get.

Evelyn was pretty enjoyable, too.  I don't ever remember seeing someone with four punches punch out all of her holes as quickly as Evelyn did today!  And it was cool how she asked if John wanted the first showcase.  She did a little better than Tracey, anyway, what with winning $1050.  Still a shame she didn't win more than she did.

Speaking of John, he sure knows his trailer models!  Wow!

I can't figure out why Eryn, and most of the rest of the audience, thought the TV was a bigger bargain than the sofa.  That was so meant to be won.

Anyone else find it really weird how Now or Then used Nabisco's Chips Ahoy! as a now product, and Nabisco's Ritz as a then product?

Speaking of Now or Then, is Drew with the Ritz the first time Drew has ever forced a contestant to choose a particular product?  It was obviously the only product left that mattered, though I can't remember Drew actually forcing a contestant to go with that product in the past.

Quote from: heelsrule1988
BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Lots of good ones today... I'll let Frank pick

Tracey, with Evelyn close behind.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2008, 06:01:44 PM »
I'm a big fan of Temptation when it isn't set up so bizzarely odd, like today.  The gifts were completely el cheapo, and the car price spread was only ~$1200.  I like me a Temptation game when the prizes are about 25-33% of the car's price, and car's price isn't a complete crapshoot.

And I loved Drew's comment about Chuck Norris and roundhouse kicking...I propose that the first person to roundhouse kick a hole in Punchboard to immediately win the $10,000.  :D

And the University of Notre Deer.  I wonder how the folks about 30 miles north of me thought of that one....
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline res0xn12

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 06:54:37 PM »
To me, I felt today was a little lackluster, however, I did like that Temptation was played today. 

I think we're back on Budget mode again.... (especially after the 3 Strikes win a couple weeks ago)

Actually, That's too Much (Hard) was easy in my opinion, although I would've lost by 1, just like the guy that played it. 

I liked how the gang parodied major colleges in one of the showcases, although I would've overbid both.  (42 K for Trailer, 35 K for Car).

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2008, 07:25:22 PM »
BBB:  Earl Barker! :oldlol:

Punchy:  Evelyn must work out at the gym or something cuz she didn't screw around with her punches.  She was fast and furious.  She deserved more than $50.

Tempty:  The is only the second appearance by the Now That's What I Call Crap Music! collection in TPIR history.

SCSD #1:  That'll help alleviate the painful $50 loss in Punchy.

Dubble:  So what's a brother gotta do to get that hot tub full of models? :P :P :P

That's Never Won!:  You could tell that John really considered stopping on $18,012.  Some of his buddies were calling for him to stop there as well.  Should've listened.  That edit at the end of the game couldn't have been more obvious if it were running buck-naked down the streets repeatedly screaming "I wish I were an Oscar Mayer wiener".

Now/Then:  The audience was clearly screaming "NOW" on the crackers.  I am sooooo glad that Robyn didn't listen to them.

SC #2:  So what's a brother gotta do to get that trampoline full of models? :P

My showcase bids:
Trailer--$29,007
Car--$29,007
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16