Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/18/2008  (Read 16708 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/18/2008
« on: June 18, 2008, 02:54:28 PM »
June 18, 2008
Production #4383K - Taped June 3, 2008

Drew: stage entrance
First Four lineup: right to left
Handoff: Rachel

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Rachel Reynolds and Brandi Sherwood
Wearing: Trashy Diva

1   (Panasonic) 50" Plasma HDTV (B)
MARY KAY *2150 LAURA 3000 PETER 2299 MARTHA 1750 ($2199)

Mary Kay plays RANGE GAME for a Ford Focus S (Std., AT, ALB, Stereo)(L)

Scale:$16,200-$16,800
Range:$16,386-$16,536
Price:$16,390   WIN! BY $4

2   Pier 1 Clifton Sofa/Nabisco Chips Ahoy! (R)
TINA 750 +Laura 1200 +Peter 1400 +Martha *800 ($847)

Martha from Corpus Cristi, TX plays HOLE IN ONE (...or two) for a Ford F-150 (Std., AC)(B)($19,120)

(6) (Albertsons) Pencil Cap Erasers (15)$.81
(5) Kiss Featherlight Artificial Nails5.99
(3) V8 Vegeteable Cocktail3.15
(1) Gold Bond Body Powder
(2) (Tidy Cats) Cat Litter
(4) Sleep Pretty In Pink Sleep Aid (30)

Drew's "Inspiration Putt": pushed badly left.
Martha's putt(s) from Line 2: way too hard and off left: perfect.   WIN!

3   (Garmin StreetPoint) GPS Receiver (L-in the Row)
Tina 499 +Laura *750 +Peter 1 ELIAS 600 ($900)

Laura goes on a SHOPPING SPREE

$4700
(3) Dean Electric Guitar$8193881
(1) Largo Hearthstone DIning Group14952386
(2) Stewart X3R Electric Golf Caddy1995381LOSS
(4) Cotton Candy Cart1408

SHOWDOWN #1
$900Laura90 stay.90Through to Showcase Round
18,589Mary Kay50 + 20.70
19,987Martha65 + 75OV

4   7 Paricon Sleds/Toboggans (B)
Tina 900
YOLANDA 670
+Peter 625
Elias 800
OVERBID
($580)
STUPID 2nd BIDSTUPID 2nd BID

Elias plays FREEZE FRAME for an Ashley Cross Island Queen Sze Bed and a Comfortaire GS700 Sleep Set (L)

80$2998
WIN!

5   2 Digital Spectrum Digital Picture Frames (B&L)
Tina 675 Yolanda 359 +Peter 676 HOLLY *600 ($630)
STUPID BID

Holly plays CLIFF HANGERS for a Pontiac G6 (Std.)(R)($19,995)

(Pro Pots) Basketball Slow Cooker$25$1213 to 13
(Totes) Air Compressor203010 to 23
(RCA) Voice Recorder4047SEND FOR THE CHOPPER!!!   LOSS

Poor Peter. Twice he's had the last bid and twice he's failed. Is the third time a charm - or will banishment to the "First Four" Breakfast Club be in his future. Mimi's waiting. Can he keep it that way?

6   30" Stainless Electric Range/Little Debbie Muffins (R)
Tina 999 Yolanda *2000 +Peter 1 BRIAN 1250 ($2159)

Peter heads off to the clubhouse while Yolanda plays for a trip to Boston (6n @ Colonnade)(B&L)

Setup:8 3 5 2 7 5 0 1 2
Pick:8 3 5[2 7 5 0]
Price:$5275   LOSS

SHOWDOWN #2
$675Holly45 + 10.55Through to Showcase Round
2,199Yolanda50 + 55OV
3,575Elias85 stay.85

SHOWCASE ROUND
Elias has the honor.

SC1-Elias Bowflex Series 7 Treadmill
Prospot HG5 Home Gym
Recumbent Exercise Bike (L)
Yamaha VX110 Waverunner (R)
BID$18,000
PRICE16,790
DIFFOVER
SC2-Laura HARMONY, WANNABE HIPPIE (B)
Miele Coffee System
Golden West Billiards Table (B)
Ford Expedition XLT (Std., Chairs, Seat, Stereo, Conv.)(L&R)
BID$    "32"
PRICE41,163
DIFF–9,163
TOTAL$42,063

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6
Total Winnings: $87,088

THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL GOLDEN-ROAD.net SHOW RECAP.
REPRODUCTION PROHIBITED WITHOUT AUTHOR PERMISSION.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/18/2008
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2008, 03:01:53 PM »
Has there ever before been a 3-car day on the daytime Price is Right before where two of the three cars games were non-car games played for cars?  Don't ever recall that happening before... so awesome!

Holly played Cliff Hangers surprisingly well for someone who lost the game.  Reasonable guess on the unexpectedly cheap slow cooker--we've seen $30 first prizes on occasion--little higher for the second prize, little higher for the third prize.  Lost anyway, though.

How the heck was Freeze Frame played today?  Seems like that would've conflicted with both Range Game and Push Over!

As usual, the third prize was the killer in Shopping Spree.  Wonder why Roger usually likes making it the third prize... not that I can really blame Laura for losing.  She played it like most contestants would have.  Most of the guitars on the show are more expensive than that one, and the cotton candy machine is more expensive than it looks.

With the way a lot of contestants have played Range Game this season, you would think Roger would start putting the price higher up if he wanted a loss.  Having said that, Mary-Kay actually did play decently, for a change.  Just barely won the car, which was the only way a good contestant should have won today.

Shame on all of you who I just know are going to admit to having stopped at the $5012 price in today's Push Over.  We, on this board, of all people, should've known better than that.  I'd have won, anyway.

I wonder why Elias kept the first showcase.  He didn't look too happy with it, he didn't appear to be doing it to hope Laura got a car in the next showcase, and even after he was trying to come up with a bid, his friends in the audience were still trying to get him to pass the showcase, rather than give bidding advice!  That was one of the most random, least expected "keep the first showcase" moments I can recall, really.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2008, 03:06:39 PM »
Thoroughly enjoyable show today. The lineup was outstanding as well-who wouldn't like a lineup with both Hole and Cliffy?

Range Game: FOR A CAR TOO!!! I definitely wasn't expecting that. What an exciting win to start things off with.

Hole-in-One: Martha blew the GP portion of the game, but aced it with her putting. I don't care who you are if you can putt you can win this game from whatever line there is.

Shopping Spree: Picking that guitar spelled doom for Laura here. Course to a casual viewer a guitar looks more expensive than a cotton candy cart.

Freeze Frame: E-A-S-Y. I'd almost say this was a "forced win" today.

Cliffy: FOR A CAR!!!!!! That slow cooker did yet another contestant in! I had a feeling when I saw that slow cooker here that trouble was looming and I was proved right.

Pushover: This should have been won. No ifs ands or buts about it.

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 03:13:15 PM »
I have to ask...did Martha win anything for her first putt, which she missed the hole, bounced it back, and sunk it into a GP flag hole?  :lol:

And a three-car day with only one real car game = tremendous lineup.  Roger's made some real good ones lately.  Today's was FPG-worthy, too.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 03:36:49 PM »
I think not Frank - a true testament to the new time constraints. We almost had all 3 won too, but the 12-47 combo was admittedly tricky. A great Holey putt though, and then to top it off, a mega-$$$ Ford Expedition! Nice free-budget day!

B+
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 03:40:08 PM »
Man, when was the last time we had just one regular car game and two other non-car games played for cars?  Today's lineup was awesome; we saw Cliff Hangers played for a car for the first time since April 25, 2006 and Range Game for a car to start off the show is a nice touch.  Today's lineup was just awesome to see, with Shopping Spree being the only multi-prize game, we had a SP game as well as three one-prizers.

Well, we have a Union 33 Guy other than Big Dave behind Range Game today.  It's great that Drew acknowledged him.

Man, that was a close Range Game win, by just $4!  I kind of got a kick out of how Mary Kay said that she had two cars break down on her recently and needed a car, and hopefully she won't have any problems with the Focus she won.

Yay, Hole in One was played!  

Has anyone ever hit the golf ball so hard that it rolled back into the holes for the GP flags before?

Today's Shopping Spree was just tricky; Laura just killed her chances of winning after picking the electric guitar.

Freeze Frame was definitely setup for a win today; $2,998 was the only price in the setup that "looked" correct.

Wouldn't Freeze Frame and Range Game conflict with each other normally?  Both games involve someone manually cranking the props while the contestant makes a decision and both are one-prize games.

Roger sure didn't want the car won in Cliff Hangers today.  He threw in that slow cooker to throw Holly off and he had practically no room for error on the voice recorder.

The only other price in Pushover that looked correct was the first one, but it couldn't have been that because of that unwritten rule.  It's a shame that Yolanda was so close to winning, and even some of the audience was trying to convince her to go one more before she stopped.

I wonder why Pushover had Check Game's think music played for it, it just seemed odd.  I will say that this season had probably the most think music mixups ever in the history of the show.  This is the second time that Pushover used another game's think cue this season?  I also recall that earlier this season that That's Too Much used Pushover's think music as well.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Pikachu732001

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Big Ones anyone? Anyone?
    • Howard Salwasser's Bracket Watch
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 03:43:12 PM »
RANGE GAME: I was thinking that range too. (16380-16530).

HOLE IN ONE: Uh Drew, you should really consider letting someone else do the inspirational putt for a change. (Where does he get his putting tips from...Rocco Mediate?)

SHOPPING SPREE: CHEAPSKATE!!* I would've avoided the guitars.

FREEZE FRAME: 2995 looked reasonable, but so did 5012 for some reason.

CLIFF HANGERS: Hans would've stopped at 15 if I played.

PUSHOVER: Tough loss there. Boston ain't an el cheapo type of town.

SHOWCASES:

Brandi the Hippie: $35,000(6163)
:frgs: : $18,000

Lucky $even index: 7/7

*Note to Joe: if you ever want to use the term CHEAPSKATE!! to denote a loss on Shopping Spree, go right ahead.
2015-16 Big One Tracker: 65(3 PRIMETIME & 2 WIPEOUTS)
2016-17 Big One Tracker: 60
2017-18 Big One Tracker: 11

We need more trailers.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2008, 04:28:38 PM »
Range Game: Boy that was some win there. By $4 to say the least. Hi whoever your name is from Union 33. Lol.

Hole In One (or Two): Martha may have blown it in the GP portion of the game. And may not know a thing or 2 about Golf. But that 2nd putt she made was just perfect. Let's just say it was pure luck.

Shopping Spree: Laura may have a good reason to pick the guitar. What's not so good was the price of it. That really kill it for her.

Freeze Frame: It seemed to me that $2998 was the only reasonable choice for the bed. Too easy there. Lol.

Cliff Hangers: I bet this game was the last one that Holly would want to play for a car. Well Hans hanged on as much as he could before eventually going down unfortunately.

IUFB #6: I really wanted Tina or Peter out of contestant's row.  :evil:

Push Over: It was either $5275 or $3527. Surely it was not $2750 as Yolanda picked that.  :roll:

Showcases: I thought that Laura would go over there. Turns out it was much more expensive as I thought. Yet she got her redemption on a count of Elias going over on his showcase.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2008, 04:38:58 PM »
Drew was fair today.  He wasn't up to the standards he set last week, but he wasn't awful, either.  I do wish he could stay upbeat more consistently, though.

This was a heck of a way to bring three-car days back!  Range Game and Cliff Hangers both played for cars...wow.

The end of Hole in One was awesome.

Cliff Hangers is by far the most (only?) fun game to see lost...but did it have to happen the day they finally played the damn thing for a car? :P
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 05:34:43 PM »
Before I begin here, I would like to say from the bottom of my heart:

THANK YOU STAN!

:mrgreen:

The reason why I'm thanking Stan today is quite simple:  I know I'm trying to NOT repeat the obvious, but Marthalyn, who played Hole-In-One quite well today, happens to be a pawn shop worker from "The Sparkling City by the Sea" (Corpus Christi, TX)--which is also the home of a certain gentleman whose name I won't mention, but here's a hint:  he goes OVER in CSS every day.  There is an online article about Marthalyn in the Corpus Christi Caller-Times; you can CLICK HERE to read it.

Today's show was totally awesome; I can't remember how long it's been since we've had a three-car day, but besides the Cliffhangers debacle, Range Game and Holey were played beautifully.  Shopping Spree and Push Over were pushovers (hahaha...  :P) in my view; guitars are usually cheap, but trips to Boston aren't.  Oh well...I really the "wannabe hippie" showcase theme was really cool.

OVERALL SHOW GRADE:  Stuff of Legends

(and yes, I do feel kinda biased for the reasons stated above; you can sue me later.  :-D)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 05:36:19 PM by GoldenBulldog »
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 05:36:25 PM »
Range:  Wow, for a car!  Oh, Ian is the Union 33 guy behind the range today rather than Dave.  Well, Ian was lucky for Mary-Kay today.  A $5 win.

Putt-Putt:  Could we possibly have three games with cars today?  And for the first time since January 30, the Titty Tidy Cats appears as a GP item.  Wrong hole, Marthalynn!...  Yeah, that was the right one.

Spree:  Yay!  Half-Off cue! :P That was a hard setup today.  Either the guitar or the dinette could've been the cheapest.

Freezy:  This game on the same show as Range Game?  What up with that?  $2,998 was the only price that made any sense.  When was the last time the winning FF price was under $3,000, anyway?

Cliffy:  *falls out of chair*  Are you *MRRRRRRP*ing kidding me?!  This and Range Game both played for cars?!  This is the first time since April 25, 2006, that Cliffy was played for a car, and probably the first daytime show since the 5,000th episode (April 9, 1998), that two non-car games were played for cars.  And yes, Cliffy was one of those games.  There was no way in hell that this game was gonna be won today with that evil $12 slow cooker to start it off.

Pushy:  OK, Roger has certifiably gone off the deep end.  This, Range, and Freeze on the same show... with two non-car games played for cars.

SC #2:  A hippie with an SUV?  Somehow, that doesn't make sense.

My showcase bids:
Gym/watercraft--$15,207
Gas Guzzler--$35,007
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 10:46:45 PM by Joe_Capitano »
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 06:05:30 PM »
Quote from: BRB_TheFireball
Cliffy:...There was no way in hell that this game was gonna be won today with that evil $12 slow cooker to start it off.

That's kinda' a ridiculous thing to say about Cliffy.  "Harder than usual" and "forced loss" are two very, very different things.  Cliff Hangers was completely winnable today, albiet a bit harder than it normally is.  20-30-40 still would've won.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 06:32:16 PM »
Range Game and Freeze Frame appearing on the same show together is rare and somewhat odd, but it has happened. I believe the last time it occured was last season: The lineup for that show was:

1) Range Game (played for a truck and lost)
2) Punchboard
3) Ten Chances
4) Freeze Frame
5) Pass the Buck
6) 1 Right Price

I may have 10C and Punchy slotted wrong but I know those were the games the day Range and Freeze last appeared together.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 07:06:31 PM »
Range Game: My whisper number 16,495. Over by $105. I think I would've barely lost this one.

One Bid 2: Sofa and Chips Ahoy: That's what I wish I could do while watching Price.

Hole in One... or Two: That nail kit worried me. It was either that or the V8 next. Someone else snapped after I snapped after Drew missed his putt. Oooh, Martha made the part hard/fast and into one of the flag holes. Hole in One in a Flag Hole.

Shopping Spree: Ooh. Already I'm tossed between the caddy and the guitar. I should've thought the caddy was like a scooter or a Segway or something.

One Bid 4: Told Tina to bid 501!

Freeze Frame: For a very brief moment, I had to look for a decent first two numbers. The only one I saw was 29. 2998 made the price look so easy.

Cliff Hangers: This is getting disastrous here! Only two dollars left for the recorder. I'm saying $50 very nervously. By only one dollar I take a very nasty fall!!

One Bid 6: Meblames that guy behind Peter to bid 1.

Push Over: I like that nice-rounded 2750. That think music makes this game a little dinky-bouncy than the normal cue. I am losing by so little in these games today.

Showcases: Peace. Love. Harmony.
I said about 16000 for Elias' Showcase and 28000 for Laura's.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 07:15:32 PM »
Today's show was very good, mainly because of the lineup.

Seeing two non-car games played for a car, and Freeze Frame and Push Over in the same show, was cool. I know that we're the only people who realize these intracacies regarding show lineups, but still, whenever something happens like what happened today, it's awesome.

It was also cool that Cliff Hangers was played for a car, but naturally, it was harder than usual.

I though Push Over was fairly easy; not only was $5012 the first price, but $5275 just looked like a more logical choice.