Author Topic: Deal or No Deal Models Tournament!  (Read 15189 times)

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Deal or No Deal Models Tournament!
« on: May 09, 2006, 08:30:29 PM »
We've had a couple of threads discussing who's the best Deal or No Deal model, so I thought we'd settle it once and for all! I've set up a tournament that will be decided by you guys (I won't vote, since I seeded the models) over the course of one week. Voting starts at midnight (ET) tonight. The link to the tournament page is below; all the information you need to know will be there. Hope a lot of you participate, because the more voters, the better! :-D

http://heelsrule1988.tripod.com/dondmodelstourney/

P.S. Claudia and Lisa obviously hold a special place in our hearts, considering they were once on TPIR. For this tournament, though, try not to let that influence your vote too much, so it'll be fair for the other models. :-)

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Deal or No Deal Models Tournament!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 12:03:45 AM »
The tournament is now underway! Each voting day will last until midnight (ET). Once each voting day is over, I'll update the site with the results and set up the vote caster for the next voting day, which should take about 5-10 minutes. So, don't expect each new voting day to start exactly at midnight (ET). Happy voting!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 12:14:33 AM »
The first day of the first round is complete, and all of the matchups were snoozers. I'm setting up the vote caster for the next voting day, so be patient. I want to thank you guys for voting today. I must be honest, I didn't expect to get 10 votes. Hopefully you guys will keep voting every day, because that truly is what makes the tournament more exciting. :-)

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 01:03:08 AM »
Sorry, but I'll be out of town from this Saturday until next Saturday, so I won't be doing any voting after Friday.  :-(
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 04:21:36 PM »
Yesterday was a nice voting day, but today, only one vote so far. Where is everybody? :-(

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 04:32:53 PM »
I can't get the vote to work...when I click "Submit Vote" it just sends me back to the same page.  :(

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 04:40:35 PM »
Hmm. I just saw another person vote, so maybe that was you. If it wasn't, though, PM me your votes and I'll do it for you. :-)

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 04:45:38 PM »
Nope...I don't think it was me.  It could have been (ie, none of my picks have zero votes) but I never got a confirmation screen or anything (and I've tried about 10 times between last night and now, and I'm pretty sure I didn't get through 10 times).  Well, here comes a PM. :)

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 04:50:16 PM »
Alright, I edited the scores. Your votes have made some matchups pretty interesting. Hopefully we'll get quite a few more votes today.

By the way, if you have the same problem tomorrow, go ahead and PM me your votes, and I'll edit the scores to reflect them whenever I get to read your PM.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 12:14:18 AM »
First round's in the books, and we had a couple of good matchups. It came down to a tiebreaker for the first time in the tournament with Katie and Lindsay S., with Katie advancing due to being the higher seed. A few of the second round matchups should be pretty interesting, too. After that, though, I have a feeling it's going to be an exciting finish to the tournament. Tiebreakers are definitely going to come in handy, I'm sure. Anyway, get those votes in; the second round is underway!

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 09:59:40 PM »
Quick note: I have to wake up at 7AM tomorrow, so it's early to bed, early to rise for me. That means I'm going to end today's round one hour early (11PM ET). Right now, all but one of the matchups are runaways, so this shouldn't affect things too much. That one matchup I speak of, though, is Sonia-Jenelle. Jenelle currently leads by only one vote. So, if you're a Sonia fan, and you want to save her, you'd better do it within the next hour. Or, if you're a Jenelle fan, and want to lock up a win for her, then you'd also better vote in the next hour.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 11:11:37 PM »
It was mostly Blowout City today, as Sara, Lanisha, and Claudia cruised to wins, with the most surprising win being by Sara. She pulled off the shocking upset by not only beating top-seeded Ursula, but absolutely crushing her, 7-2. Lanisha and Claudia both had easy 8-1 victories, which I kind of think has to do with the TPIR bias. I hope that bias didn't get in the way, but those results almost say otherwise. Because of this, it should be interesting when the two of them face each other on Mother's Day. Anyway, the one close matchup of the day was between Sonia and Jenelle, and they battled right down to the wire, with Jenelle edging Sonia, 5-4. I think Saturday's second round matchups should be much more exciting than today's. Voting is underway in those matchups now.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2006, 12:04:54 AM »
Holy cow. Can you say, Upset City? Aubrie, Anya, and Donna are all gone. I must say, I disagree with you guys not voting for those three, especially Aubrie and Anya. But, it's you all who decide it, so that's how it goes. I thought Leyla would give Lisa a better battle since it seemed she was one of the favorites around here. Guess not. Hope this isn't one of those TPIR-based victories again. Anyway, I'm about to update the site right now, so hang tight... the quarterfinals will start shortly.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2006, 12:15:03 AM »
Alright, the vote caster is set up and ready to go for the quarterfinals. I hope there's more votes today than there were Saturday, but I'm also not surprised Saturday was a slow day, considering it's the weekend. I'm sure most of you aren't here as much as you are on the weekdays, of course. So, I doubt there will be a lot of votes today, but I do hope there are. We're getting deep into the tournament now, so votes are crucial.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2006, 01:47:18 PM »

heelsrule1988 wrote:
Holy cow. Can you say, Upset City? Aubrie, Anya, and Donna are all gone. I must say, I disagree with you guys not voting for those three, especially Aubrie and Anya. But, it's you all who decide it, so that's how it goes. I thought Leyla would give Lisa a better battle since it seemed she was one of the favorites around here. Guess not. Hope this isn't one of those TPIR-based victories again. Anyway, I'm about to update the site right now, so hang tight... the quarterfinals will start shortly.

I picked Aubrie, Anya, and Donna, but it wouldn't upload. When I clicked "Submit Vote", the page only refreshed itself.