Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/20/2008  (Read 18660 times)

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/20/2008
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2008, 05:51:24 PM »
Wow... that's too bad for Anastacia. Hurts to cost yourself $500. :-(

Okay, I'm really starting to wonder what's up with Roger playing Plinko every Friday. FPG season is over, so what gives?

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY: Dominick
SHOW GRADE: 3

Offline res0xn12

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2008, 05:53:55 PM »
A little typo on my part, but I edited my post to say 28 years, not 20 as I originally typed.

Not a problem, we all have typos.

Online SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 07:21:08 PM »
Wow, what a good show!  Drew was in top form, everybody won something in their game, and Lucky $even was played sixth!

On top of that, I might be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure I won the FPG today!  I just wish I hadn't taken out Switch? as my first game and replaced it with Clock Game -- I'd have really mopped the floor then.

A change I noticed was in More or Less's reveal tags which say "More" and "Less" they are now not only yellow and pink, but now a golden-yellow and dark blue.

That isn't a change -- they've always been like that.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline TPIR1990

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Old Ten Chances Set
    • The Price is Right
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 07:29:12 PM »
That isn't a change -- they've always been like that.

Really? I've always thought they were yellow and pink only.
Got 1100th post on August 22, 2008 @ 11:52:08 AM

Come on Down to my Price is Right site! The only Price is Right game where you can play all 102 pricing games! A new game is starting soon! Sign up today!
http://dhtpir2.proboards50.com The first game has begun! First Item Up for Bids posted!

Offline TheKid965

• In the Audience
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 08:50:05 PM »
On this date 28 years ago on The Price is Right, a then-unknown Vanna White came on down.

Also on this date 28 years ago, the original NBC run of The Hollywood Squares came to an end (as did the Bill Cullen Chain Reaction and the Alex Trebek High Rollers).  The daytime forerunner to Late Night with David Letterman took over the vacated 90-minute block the following Monday.

Since the value of the car was unrevealed, this is a best guess. Unless proven otherwise, I'm appraising the value of that basic Vibe at $16,500

My notes show an identical car (2009 model, same options) was offered, and won, back on May 23rd.  Its value at that time: $17,695.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 09:02:16 PM »
Switch?: I'm sure I would've switched too. If only Anastasia stuck with her gut on IUFB #1, though.  :cry:

Plinko: Those last three chips were so darn mean, I wish those zeroes were gone!!  :evil: But $10K is more than what he came with.  ;)

MoL: That fireplace kinda tripped me when I saw it. I was hoping Ludmilla got it, too.  :oops:

CoG: Drew pretending to be dozing off was very funny.  :oldlol: Going was the right way.

Bullseye: I would've went with three cookies as well. Good job.  :-)

Lucky 7: Dominick sure pulled off a major comeback on the last digit after that freefall on the fourth. A great win.  :biggrin:

Showcases: What a day for Dominick!!! Anyone to pull off a miraculous win in L7 deserves it all.  :pint:

A 4-star show.

Offline 2008nowandthen

• 4/10/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 09:03:59 PM »
Todays Show was an 85% out of 100 for me.

"Sweet" Lucky 7 save on the last number after losing $5 on #4.

One question:  What was the audience "chanting" before the 2nd showcase showdown-during the "contestants who do not appear on stage segment".  I just noticed that on the tivo of todays show.

Keith
4-10-08

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 10:02:24 PM »
Lucky $even belongs sixth.  And first, I guess, but it's been played first a lot in the past gazillion years, so yeah, more sixth!  Cool unexpected win at the end, too!

Aside from Coming or Going, More or Less seems to be the single game on the show where Roger has the hardest time forcing a win.  I can't believe that was lost.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2008, 10:25:48 PM »
One-Bid #1:  Ouch!  She screwed herself out of the $500 wad.  Has that ever happened before, Roger?

?Switch?:  Easy switch.

Borko:  What a bummer to go from $10,000 to three straight zeroes.

MoL:  Where did this game come from?!  Where's 10 Chances?!  And is it me or do the car and the More/Less sign appear to be pushed farther back than usual?

Coggy:  Easy.  (That's not something you hear too often about Coggy this season. :-D )

Bully:  Yay!  Temptation cue! :P

L7:  YES!  YES YES YES!  LUCKY SEVEN LAST! :P Roger was banking for a bust on that fourth digit, but Dominic stopped him thanks to near-perfect playing on the other three digits.

My showcase bids:
Car--$27,607
Starcrossed--$17,507
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2008, 11:15:50 PM »
Today's show was pretty good.

I thought More or Less was fairly easy, but it's kind of frustrating seeing contestants frequently not win everything. On a semi-related note, it was good to see Coming or Going won, because it was also fairly easy.

Even though I don't think it's as cool as a certain poster from the Crescent City does, it was still neat to see Lucky $even played sixth. Also, Dominick's win was very impressive.

Offline route56

• In the Audience
    • route56.com
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2008, 12:08:10 AM »
Can somebody please explain how one can come up with a "batting average" for one particular TPIR airing?  I just want to know, that's all. 

Since I came up with it, I'll explain.

The "potential winnings" is the amout that could be won if all contestants won the minimum amount needed for their respective pricing game to be considered a "win" and that the showcase with the highest ARP was won (no perfect bid or "wheel" bonus money). If I were :clipboard:, this number would be the number I would use in budget planning.

I divide the actual winnings of the contestants by the potential winnings and round it off to the nearest 1/1000th. Needless to say, it is possible to "bat" over 1.000 if we have good bidders or good luck on the wheel.

And yes, I have been dropping a little bit of "Weakest Link" in there :)
All opinions expressed here are well-reasoned and insightful. Needless to say, they are not those of the Price is Right, or any organization for which I have worked for or will work for. Anyone who says otherwise is itching for a fight.

R.P.K.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2008, 02:27:13 AM »
Why do I get the feeling this falls in the same category as Whinybaby's "Model Standings" - total and absolute minutia.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2008, 10:29:38 AM »
IUFB #1:  That has got to be one of the most painful moments in this round.  Also, $1 as the 2nd bidder?  It seems like there have been more $1 bids by people who aren’t last more than usual.

Plinko: Four chips and the last three go into zero?  After he won $10,000, I was thinking that he would likely get a large amount of money.  At least $10,000 is better than nothing.

More or Less:  I went Less-More-More.  I didn’t think fireplaces were that cheap.

Coming or Going:  It was funny how Gilberto kept holding onto the game like the numbers were going to slide back.

Bulls-Eye:  I wonder if Jordan thought the cream pies were more expensive or if he thought the totals added despite Drew telling him otherwise.

Lucky $even: My guess for the car was $24,564, and I would have lost.  When the car was being revealed, there was what appeared to be a jerk of the camera.  The camera started moving up then just jerked back down.

SC1:  My Bid: $30,340 / Diff: $1,149
SC2:  My Bid: $17,725 / Diff: OVER

Offline route56

• In the Audience
    • route56.com
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2008, 03:23:45 PM »
Why do I get the feeling this falls in the same category as Whinybaby's "Model Standings" - total and absolute minutia.

There's a 'statics geek' in all of us ;-)
All opinions expressed here are well-reasoned and insightful. Needless to say, they are not those of the Price is Right, or any organization for which I have worked for or will work for. Anyone who says otherwise is itching for a fight.

R.P.K.

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2008, 04:16:07 PM »
Statics Geek?  You'd better steer clear of anything electronic, then.

("BOOM BOOM, One In A Row." Yes, you and I know what he meant.)