Author Topic: December 12, 2006--Bob's Senior Moment in Dice Game  (Read 2127 times)

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
December 12, 2006--Bob's Senior Moment in Dice Game
« on: June 20, 2008, 10:19:53 PM »
This episode was skipped over when it was supposed to rerun last summer, and for a good reason.  Bob basically forgot how to play Dice Game and, this is not shown in this video, during the third bidding round, he threw to Rich to describe the next IUFB, when it was described already.

"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
Re: December 12, 2006--Bob's Senior Moment in Dice Game
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 11:02:14 PM »
Yes, this is the moment I've referenced in The Talk is Right forum in the past.  Bob had a horrendous couple of segments. He forgot Dice Game, immediately back from commercial, he couldn't remember Rich's name, and said "Who's our next player Mr... uhhh, Rich?"  Rich laughed and said "Well Mr. Bob, our next contestant is..." but Bob looked really sad and just lost....then he forgot that they'd already shown the next IUFB.  Just sad.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 11:15:15 PM »
I don't know if anyone remembers this but three days after this show aired, on December 15, 2006, not knowing a contestant still had another chance in Cover Up, Bob revealed the price early and gave a technical win in that game.  The moment I described in this post, along with the moments seen on December 12, 2006 really kind of proved that it was time for Bob to go, it appeared the show was taking a toll on him physically and mentally.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 11:17:40 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 12:47:09 AM »
Could someone post the third bidding round that goldroadfantiac and temptation1979ga described?

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 12:56:03 PM »
An update to this, but I went through the recap for this show and discovered that Bob also had difficulty in explaining this show's Bonus Game.