Author Topic: What was the worst physical pain you've ever felt?  (Read 5936 times)

Offline holein1isawesome

• Taking a Bonus Spin
What was the worst physical pain you've ever felt?
« on: June 22, 2008, 04:46:47 PM »
It's strange, yes, but I want to know from everyone here: What was the worst physical pain you have ever felt in your lives? I ask that to all my friends at school. Mine would have to be getting stung on the eyelid by a wasp (OUCH!!) when I was 4.

Offline PIR85

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: What was the worst physical pain you've ever felt?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2008, 04:58:33 PM »
Tearing my knee ligaments from a slip & fall on ice!  (I still have minor pain to this day :( )

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 05:40:29 PM »
Kidney stone. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2008, 07:32:34 PM »
I've never really had anything bad happen to me, but I just got back from the PBR in Dallas and one of the bull riders fell off his bull(it was Robson Palermo on David Bailey's Lucky Strike) and his head came down and hit the horn of the bull.  He, by the miracle of God, got up and stumbled out of the arena.  He just walked away with some bruises, a concussion, and a really bad headache.

I could go on for weeks telling you about bull riding injuries! lol
1,669 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2008, 07:57:14 PM »
Do you really want to know? Just thinking about it terrifies me.
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008
Barker's Bargain Bar, 1980-2008

Offline crinos43

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2008, 09:00:43 PM »
I'm going to be a undetailed as possible for a very good reason.

Two weeks ago, i was injured in a wreck. I was riding my bike, and was sideswiped by a car before I could brake. My head hit the window of the car door, and my bike frame LITERALLY embedded itself in my thigh and my...self.

It has been nearly three weeks and it still is uncomfortable to sit down sometimes.
I support The Price is Right.

Offline stormy41992

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I'll Miss You Bob!
    • TV & Game Shows
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 09:04:35 PM »
the worst physical pain ive had was years ago: when i accidentally scratched and jabbed my eye. i couldnt see via that eye and that spread to my other eye. at that point i spent a week in a situation where i was blind as i couldnt open my eyes that easily.
STORMY'S STATS FOR HIS 2ND SEASON OF CSS: [Wins: 0] [Top 10/5 Finishes: 3/1] [DSWs: 0] [Overbids/WSDs: 0/0] [Lowest SC Difference: $857] [Games Played: 6] [Current No-OVER Streak: 6]
SCORE OF THE FIRST EVER "FRIENDLY" RIVALRY: Stormy41992 - 2////cu2010 - 2

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 10:06:26 PM »
First off, this is easily the creepiest topic ever posted.

But I'll share...

When I was in college I played football on a muddy field and stuck my cleats trying to make a play.  While my upper body and thigh turned around, my lower leg stayed stuck in the mud.  Then, I didn't go to a doctor for it for about 2 months because I thought it was just swollen.  But I had torn my miniscus and MCL. 
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2008, 10:09:26 PM »
The worst pain I would say would be when I was 3 I broke my leg, but I don't remember that well,  then in june 1988, I was playing on a wooden merry go round and there was a rotted out section and I stupidly put my foot in there and pushed and lets just say my ankle ended up almost touching the ground and that was a real pain, plus I have been stung below the eye by a wasp also.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2008, 10:13:57 PM »
First off, this is easily the creepiest topic ever posted. 
Agreed. I've got to say, some of the threads I see here freak me out. This, the TPIR dream threads... yikes.

Offline Season36Fan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 10:28:54 PM »
I'd kind of like to know why this is interesting to people, although I'll share because its kind of funny (although it wasnt then).

My wife was trying to seperate two frozen biscuits and was having a hard time with it.  I, having just awakened, thought I could accomplish the task by holding the biscuits in one hand and prying them apart using a steak knife.   I got them seperated, but stabbed my hand in the process, puncturing an artery, severing a nerve and bruising another, which required surgery.  It hurt quite badly for weeks, and hurt worse than a broken sternum I sustained in a car wreck earlier in life.  My fingers on that hand are still somewhat tingly, as the nerves will never be quite right, and if you touch the surgery scar, it feels like my ring and pinky are dead. 

Moral of the story: use the microwave next time.
Let's all take a deep breath.
Wise words.

Offline dmaingame

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2008, 10:50:41 PM »
when i was 5 i got a beachball stuck in some tall shrubs in my backyard.  reaching into the branches to shake the ball loose i scratched my eye.  it felt like part of the stick had broken off in my eye to the point where it gave me a headache to open that eye.  to this day 19 years later that eye still doesn't open as wide as the other...and i'm wondering who posted this topic to begin with,  must be one of those guys who watch the footage of joe theisman's leg getting snapped by lawrence taylor over and over.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2008, 10:51:39 PM »
My worst pain?  My fractured left collarbone after I fell off my bike riding to my Grade 11 English exam
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2008, 11:22:03 PM »
Mine was having an infected tooth extracted.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline Plinkoplayer83

• In the Audience
    • The Price is Right Tribute
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2008, 11:30:45 PM »
Mine would be falling off a bicycle and not only breaking my wrist but also putting my tooth through my lip. I hated every minute of the pain and stitches
\\\"Help control the pet population, have your pet spayed or neutured.\\\"