Author Topic: What was the worst physical pain you've ever felt?  (Read 5916 times)

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
Re: What was the worst physical pain you've ever felt?
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2008, 08:55:12 AM »
Okay, maybe it's not everyone that makes me sick -- just you.

:-D
of course i take this as a compliment.  ;)
You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.

Offline Enzo Aquarius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2008, 08:08:23 PM »
I broke my arm back in grade 3, I was thrown to the ground and landed on my left arm. I have amnesia from that moment (thank goodness), but the next day, I had muscle spasms, VERY bad muscle spasms to the point where I would have to take one step and sit for a minute (took a long time for me to get to the car).

I had a thyroidectomy due to a non-cancerous tumour on my thyroid two years ago, and, although I had no pain from the surgery itself, the removal of the stiches from the front of my neck...can't say it was painful, but just very very very weird (think a string moving inside your neck from one side to the other). Sorry if I grossed any of you out with that, but it's the only way to describe it. Before the surgery, I had to get a biopsy of my thyroid...a small needle into my neck...that was...uh...interesting.  :-P
CSS 2008/2009 Note-Worthy Stats - 1 QSW - 5 DSW - 23 Top-5 Wins - Top One-Day Winnings: $204,648
CSS 2007/2008 Note-Worthy Stats - 9 DSW - 37 Top-5 Wins - 3 EXACTAS! - Top One-Day Winnings: $83,874. 

A Proud Member of Team GRRR!

Offline Kyle

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2008, 01:27:12 AM »
A couple of instances spring to mind...

The first takes me back to grade 6 when a couple of us were wrestling around; I received a suplex in which I landed my my left hand, with the fingers bent the wrong way, resulting in a broken hand. Very tingly sensation, I remember.

The other takes me back to 2005 when I came down with appendicitis, which feels like having a gut full of broken glass. Not fun, at all. Required surgery on that one. During my convalescence, however, I made sure to get a television for my room so I could catch one of the $1,000,000 Spectaculars afterwards. That was an interesting night. Heh.

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2008, 01:42:51 AM »
Boy, I don't know what to say...I really haven't felt any physical pain (yet)....at least, compared to everyone else's.

My worst, I guess, would be when I fractured my pinky in 5th grade. That, or sometime in my TaeKwonDo class where a younger kid can't kick high enough, and....

Yeah, I've probably had the least out of everyone in thread. So, I guess I'm lucky.  :-)

Offline supersaver87

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2008, 03:36:04 AM »
When I was about 10, I was riding my bike and crashed into a fence. Doesn't sound that painful...and it wouldn't have been, if the fence wasn't barbed wire.  XP

Then there was the time in Feb. 2006 when I was in a hurry to do...something or other. I jumped down the flight of stairs (5 steps) to get to my living room quicker. I landed on my ankle funny, and sprained it really badly. The thing hurt for months. Now it doesn't matter how much of a hurry I'm in, I walk those bloomin' steps!

Luckily, I have not broken anything. And I'm not about to start now, mind you!

Offline ayoung

• Double Showcase Winner
  • everybody loves me.
    • my facebook
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2008, 08:26:34 AM »
When I was about 10, I was riding my bike and crashed into a fence. Doesn't sound that painful...and it wouldn't have been, if the fence wasn't barbed wire.

In 5th grade a kid i knew from school was climbing over a high fence wearing mesh shorts (not barbed wire, just regular metal fence), he slipped coming over the top, caught his scrotum on the top of the fence and ripped it open. He lost a testicle forever. That was pretty much his unfortunate claim to fame all the way through graduating high school.
You people make me sick.  Every last one of you.

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2008, 08:32:34 AM »
Okay, maybe it's not everyone that makes me sick -- just you.

I'm starting to agree with Army after that last post.

Signatures are overrated.

Offline 2008nowandthen

• 4/10/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2008, 08:38:45 AM »

My 1st hip surgery to correct a birth defect, thats why I wear shoe lifts.

When I work up from surgery, after vomitting on everyone in sight (myself, the recovery room nurse, my dad), the pain in my legs was unbearable.  My chest was hurting too much to cry (Im have ashma).  I thought I was dying.  And I was , as I had a near fatal reaction to "aspirin", which was given to me in the operating room.  The priest read the last rites over me, literally.

I hurt so much I actually wanted to die, at age 12.  My mom was a wreck.

Keith
4-10-08