Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/23/2008  (Read 28990 times)

Offline BarbaraE

• In the Audience
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/23/2008
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2008, 10:18:09 PM »
There was a Double Overbid in the Showcase. too?  Just perfect for this snore job today.  *faints*

In memory of my father Darrell:
July 13, 1944--December 24(Christmas Eve), 2007

I love and miss ya, Pop!  :cry:

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2008, 10:22:22 PM »
Wait, your calling a show you obviously didn't watch a snore job? Gimme a break.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 02:56:27 PM by Joe_Capitano »
Signatures are overrated.

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2008, 10:24:41 PM »
The Price is Right Season 36, Game #172 (#6,903)

Plasma TV
That's Brandi's 1,000th prize of the season!  The last time someone modeled at least 1,000 prizes in a season was Claudia in Season 31.

Showcase #1
Dining Room - $6,824
Picnic Equipment - $460
West Wight Potter (first appearance in episodes taped in 2008 without a trip) - $17,220

Showcase #2
Sewing Machine - $1,799
Power Tools - $625
Chrysler 300 - $26,710

Your Modeling Scorecard for June 23, 2008
Rachel Reynolds
Total:  Boy, that Rachel has really been flying this month.  She has averaged $62,233 per show in the month of June, which is fantastic!  Today, this is her highest single-episode modeling total in June.  It's...
$117,152!!!!!
What the contestants won:  $6,094, 5
What the contestants lost:  $111,058, 3

After 111 episodes
Prizes:  995, which is also the number of thousands she has modeled this month. (634-361)
Cars:  110 (42-68)
Trips:  71 (33-38)
Season modeling total so far: $5,501,175

Lanisha Cole
Total:  $12,855
What the contestants won:  $8,561, 5
What the contestants lost:  $4,294, 2

After 70 episodes
Prizes:  646 (407-239)
Cars:  76 (36-40)
Trips:  55 (22-33)
Season modeling total so far: $3,386,839

Brandi Sherwood
Total:  $44,046
What the contestants won:  $13,341, 8
What the contestants lost:  $30,705, 0

After 111 episodes
Prizes:  1,009 (656-353)
Cars:  108 (33-75)
Trips:  74 (35-39)
Season modeling total so far: $5,068,355

Your 23 prizes total $181,075.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2008, 10:31:25 PM »
Golden Road----I kinda had a feeling the one belonged there in the corvette.

IUFB 2: Norma, $199?!

Grand Game----Ugh, I had a sinking feeling the olive oil was going to burn Julie and I was right.....even though all the prices weren't revealed, I thought this setup was pretty tough. 

IUFB 3: Joseph, do you get your cultivator at Wal Mart or something?

Magic Number----I set my number at $1600.  I had a feeling Jaimee should've gone higher.

Push Over: My thoughts were exactly like Larry's. 

Dice Game: Ugh 2 4 rolls?  Oh boy.  Even though Wanda lost, I have to give her credit for taking a risk on the second roll of the 4. 

IUFB 6: HA at Joseph! 

Most Expensive: I'm glad Stuart won this----I said the exerciser on this one.

Showcase: Apparently, I sensed trouble with both Jaimee and Larry's showcase bids.....yep, no showcase winner today.

Bet Roger's happy now----most of the prizes lost today will help the budget even more.

I do have to admit, Drew was really off in his hosting today.  I'd wish he show some enthusiasm when he does his audience entrance.

Offline 2008nowandthen

• 4/10/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2008, 11:04:04 PM »
I think Drews energy level, or as my mom calls it "care about it level" corresponds with  the contestants bidding-game play quality. 

I notice that Drew is getting tired of "repeating the bids".......especially on the SAME item up for bids.

Golden Road was a "toss up to me" at the end.

No comment about magic number or grand game.

Most expensive was "easy pickings"....Stuart..happy 21st birthday by the way.....and Larry the push over contestant, The Golden-Road contestant "were the lone rays of light" in this show today, they seemed happy and into the show today, and they paid attention during their bidding. 

It seemed like contestant #2 in contestant row didnt want to get on stage.

For the "more experienced TPIR Stat folks here...when is the last time a contestant "washed out" on the 1st pick in the Grand Game?>

Keith
4-10-08
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 11:06:56 PM by 2008nowandthen »

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2008, 11:38:30 PM »
Golden Road - Too bad Scott didn't win the 'Vette! :cry:  I would've went with the 9 too, so I would've lost the 'Vette, too! :cry:
Grand Game - What a heartbreaker! :cry:  I wonder where Julie buys her olive oil at that sells it for less than $6.25.
Magic # - I knew Jamie wasn't going to win!  She set the magic number way to low!  It seems to me that, more times than not, that $2,000 is a pretty safe bet to set the magic number at.
Push Over - FINALLY!!  A WINNER!!  YAAAAAY!! :biggrin:  I was thinking $6,194 for the price of the bed, but fortunately, I was wrong.
Dice Game - Another heartbreaker! :cry:  I thought for sure the third number was 6!
Most Expensive - Good job! :-)  I would've been shocked if the washer/dryer would not have been the most expensive of the three prizes!
Showcases - A double overbid - BOO! HISS!

Not too good a show today, but it could've been worse - it could've been skunked as well as the double overbid!
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2008, 11:42:06 PM »
No comment about magic number or grand game.

That was a comment.  :-D

For the "more experienced TPIR Stat folks here...when is the last time a contestant "washed out" on the 1st pick in the Grand Game?>

Season 34....not sure of the exact date.

For whatever reason, I just had a feeling an Audience Entrance was going to happen today. No clue why....anyway:

Golden Road: I went with the 5, but I would have lost on the grandfather clock. $8000 for a clock? Sheesh...I'll stick to my watch.  :-)

Grand Game: I had a really bad feeling when she picked the olive oil....seems like the casual viewer doesn't realize how expensive it is...heck, I've just learned that recently.

The old 1500 trick wouldn't have worked here.....as soon as I saw the $2,200 (or whatever it was) price, I thought "There's no way it's going to be that big of a range.

Push Over: Easy, as long as you know not to stop at the first number, espescially.

Dice Game: Ouch. For whatever reason, I thought the 3rd number was a 6, but I still probably would have said lower. Tough luck there.

Stuart said the washer/dryer, the audience said the washer/dryer, and I said the washer/dryer. Yay!

$40,000??? She would have had that locked in, probably, had Drew heard her the first time. Not that it mattered.

I usually don't notice when Drew is off his game, but it did seem like he was off his game today. That was rather repetitve.  :-)

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2008, 11:52:35 PM »
Not a great show.  You could tell that Drew was off his game today, and the mega-loss in Grand Game didn't help any.  I don't have much to add, except that today's show gets three dirty words (out of seven).  Eh...let's pick #6, #7, and #2.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline route56

• In the Audience
    • route56.com
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2008, 11:57:04 PM »
Honestly, I didn't pay that much attention to Drew's enthusiasm or lack therof, but I did notice that for his first audience entrance, he did "fives" out in the gallery, but unlike his older predecessor, did not hi-five the model.

Winnings wise, no matter how you look at it, the show was just bad. The audience, at times, however, was still into it. The chat was somewhat lively today, someone even asked for a "batting average" update :)

Today, the contestants won 15.5% of the potential winnings. Personally, I thought the only way a show would sink below the Mendoza line is an 0/6 day and a double overbid. I was only half right, but with the big prizes missed on GR, a wipeout on GG, and bad luck at the dice, the only wins today were relatively small.

Borrowing whinbaby's number, Rachel was cursed today, with contestants batting .052 on the prizes she modeled. With Lanisha modeling, the batting average was .666 and Brandi .302
All opinions expressed here are well-reasoned and insightful. Needless to say, they are not those of the Price is Right, or any organization for which I have worked for or will work for. Anyone who says otherwise is itching for a fight.

R.P.K.

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2008, 11:57:56 PM »
The last time Grand Game had a wipeout was on December 2nd, 2005.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2008, 12:03:23 AM »
Worst. Episode. Ever. At least this show wasn't an El Skunko, with half of the pricing games won. And it definitely sucks to lose Grand Game on the first pick, not to mention a forced loss in Dice Game and a double-overbid at the end. Somewhere out there, Bob Barker is crying his eyes out.

Offline woohookitty

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2008, 12:15:56 AM »
The rest of the show, though, he was falling back into all of his old habits, rushing through all of his lines and looking like he just didn't care.  It wasn't a very fun show to watch, especially knowing now that he can do a lot better than this.

That's Drew though. If you are looking for an excitable host, he's the wrong guy.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2008, 01:06:53 AM »
Oh, I disagree completely.  There are days when he really seems to get into things.  This just wasn't one of them.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 02:57:33 PM by Joe_Capitano »
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline gamefro

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2008, 02:25:57 AM »
Today's show was....ehhh.  Lots of stupid bids today...

Finally, audience entrances are back!  Glad to see this return, although Drew just didn't seem thrilled during the opening of the show.

Observation during the opening: the jib cam audience sweep shot during the opening sequence was omitted, likely due to the fact that everything for playing Golden Road was set up already.  The opening felt weird without that shot though (I admit that shot is one of my favorites).

Wipeout in Grand Game?!?  She didn't even start with things that are obviously under the target.  She should have easily reached $100, if not $1000.

I'm hoping Magic # gets that rotating ring fixed soon.  It seems like every contestant since the ring's been broke has lost the game (even though, according to recaps, that's not the case).

Drew seemed better during the second half of the show, and especially during the showcases.  It's too bad there was a DOB today...really, $30-$40k for a room/boat showcase?!?!?

The audience was a little too crazy today.  There were people shouting out things at random times, like Lanisha's reveal during Most Expensive, and some one-up booing towards Joe.  There was some good changing for some of the contestants though.

Drew really rushed through the second bidding round, he threw to the patio furniture before Norma finished coming on down.

In his defense, Norma was really taking a while to come on down...

I had no idea saunas could be so cheap.  When I first saw the sofa and sauna, I thought that this playing would be pretty easy, but the Dob prevailed.

Unfortunately for our stage player thought the couch was cheap!  Not that the Dob was trying too hard to prevail here, as there was still a $950 range.  My conservative low guess for the sauna was $2000...my magic number would have been 1700-1900.

... not to mention a forced loss in Dice Game ...

How was that a forced loss?  Wanda would have won had she not listened to the audience and gone against the odds on the third number.  The price wasn't evil at all.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 02:27:56 AM by gamefro »
Gamefro: "Retired" host of TPiR at the University of Nevada, Reno (spring 2003 - spring 2008).

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2008, 07:32:18 AM »
I'm saying it.  Why, Fiery, why?  Why are you so deliberately stubborn on this matter?  There was no way that $4701 could have been right.  And there was virtually no way anyone would have actually guessed $4701.  If 99% of the show's most casual viewers can even pick up on that, why can't you, who should be a loyal friend and true?

Frank did, and I will, too:  Roger has already stated pretty much definitively that the first choice in Push Over is always going to be wrong.

I don't care that I'm in the 1% who is still holding out hope for the one time that Roger sticks it first.  That would thrill me more than Lucky Seven in the 6th slot thrills Frank.  It's not stubbornness or arrogance.  It's conviction.  There is a difference.

On a personal note, I got to be who I am today by being rooted in the belief that the impossible can happen, not by complacence or by just "going along with everybody else".
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16