Author Topic: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 31--THE END  (Read 21881 times)

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 31--SHOWCASE
« Reply #150 on: July 22, 2008, 12:42:51 PM »
I still hate bidding on jewelry!!!

It's not so much the car that throws me off, as it is the damn watch.  It could be cheep cheep, or it could be pricey.....

I smell pricey....but it's Frank, which means that this bid could turn out to be double what the showcase actually is...

I'll bid 29300
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline themountainclimber

• 9/29/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • Make it a super stretch!
« Reply #151 on: July 22, 2008, 01:26:53 PM »
*Commercial*  Come to my "salute to g-r.net 1/2 Hour Tpir 100,000,000 Huge Enormous special extravaganza!" Starts when I get the go ahead from Frank! :-D

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #152 on: July 22, 2008, 01:55:11 PM »
*Commercial*  Come to my "salute to g-r.net 1/2 Hour Tpir 100,000,000 Huge Enormous special extravaganza!" Starts when I get the go ahead from Frank! :-D

Is that on after the "Super-Terrific Happy Hour"?

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #153 on: July 22, 2008, 02:20:48 PM »
themountainclimber, do not make any more posts like that, in anyone's thread, invading just to advertise a show that's going to have to wait a few months before you can even start it.

ding!

Anyway, sidey has bid $29,300, and now, Flerbie, this is your showcase!

Rich:  It's that time of year again, where we do our annual salute to one of television's best shows, Winx Club.  And we start off with Musa, the fairy of music.  Just because she's the easiest to get a prize associated with her.  Obviously a musical instrument of some sort... let's find some random instrument lying around the back... ah, here we go!  A new bassoon!  The Fox Model 220 Renard bassoon is in the key of C, has a black maple body, full German system plus high D and E keys, long bore, and linings in the wing joint and small bore of the boot joint.

Then there's that calm, cool, and collected technology-loving fairy, Tecna.  And it may not be very advanced in her world, but probably is in ours, a new laptop computer.  The Sony Vaio VGN-TZ298N/X notebook with Intel Core 2 Duo U7700 1.33 GHz 11.1-inch wide XGA 2 gigabyte memory DDR2 533 314 gigabyte HDD Intel GMA950 has way, way, waaaay too many acronyms that no one understands.  But for some stuff in English, it's 10.9 inches by 7.8 inches by 0.8-1.17 inches, and weighs 2.65 pounds.

Then there's Layla, fairy of shapes and tides... yeah, we're aware those two things don't seem to go together, really.  But tides mean water, and water means a bath tub sauna!  From Angus Shower Products, the Premium Steam Shower Whirlpool Bath Tub Sauna with heating pump comes with a hands free phone, as well as acupressure body massage jet.

Then there's Stella, fairy of the sun and the moon.  But mostly the sun, and you can get a lot of sun in beautiful Hawaii.  You and a guest will fly round trip from Los Angeles to Hawaii for a 6-night stay at Turtle Bay Resort, where you'll enjoy all of the great things Hawaii has to offer.  And sunshine!

And there's Flora, fairy of nature, plants, and flowers, so we offer you a lovely painting.  From NOVICA, "My Flower Image" is by Tanom, signed by the artist, oil on canvas, arrives unframed, and measures 17.3 inches wide by 40.2 inches high by 1 inch deep.

And finally, of course, there's Bloom, keeper of the dragonfire.  And of course, where's there's dragonfire, there's dragon, and there's there's dragon, there's a friendly game of tic tac toe, like with these beautiful lamps.  From Robert Abbey, a pair of table lamps with an antique silver finish, the beautiful "O" lamp, and the beautiful "X" lamp, complement each other beautifully with any modern decor.  And for your entertainment, a couple of fun tic tac toe games.  The Mindwalk High-Low Tic Tac Toe game has nothing to do with the pricing game Hi Lo, but it's a magnetic tic tac toe game you can take anywhere, inspires higher level thinking and strategic maneuvers, nine pegs on the magnetic game board, and 13 gold and 13 silver rings.  And from Briar Patch, the Thomas & Friends Tic Tac Toe game is a great board game with twenty engine tiles, rules for different skill levels, and is great for kids from 4 to 7 years of age.

And this showcase, featuring our mostly annual, except for last year, salute to the Winx Club, can be yours if the price is right!

And Flerbie, what do you bid on that?

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #154 on: July 22, 2008, 02:59:29 PM »
Wow...you'd think with that many faeries, at least one would be a fairy of a half-decent prize.

Apparently not, though.  :)
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2008, 03:25:48 PM »
Sounds like a bunch of cheap crap.

Which means it's expensive.

$24,500
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2008, 03:49:37 PM »
Sounds like a bunch of cheap crap.

Which means it's expensive.

$24,500

I have a sinking feeling that both of these showcases are worth a lot more than we think....

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #157 on: July 22, 2008, 04:47:46 PM »
I have a sinking feeling that both of these showcases are worth a lot less than you think...

...then again, I'm just a schlup who couldn't do something as simple as win Stack the Deck, so what do I know?
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #158 on: July 22, 2008, 04:48:29 PM »
I have a sinking feeling that both of these showcases are worth a lot less than you think...

I'm with Army.
Signatures are overrated.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
Re: Frank's Price is Right: Episode 31--THE END
« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2008, 05:38:44 PM »

All right, and now to see who has won his showcase.  Flerbert, you bid $24,500 on your showcase.  And sidey, the actual retail price of your showcase is...

$31,000, a difference of?

ding!

$6500.  Now sidey, in order for you to win, you must be closer than $6500, without going over.  As you may recall, sidey, you bid $29,300 on your showcase.  And sidey, the actual retail price of your showcase is!

Also $31,000, a difference of!

$1700, and you win!

dingdingdingdingdingdingdingding!

sidey, you have won $33,400 in prizes today, including a brand new car!  Frank here, reminding you to help control the koi population.  Don't make me use my moon powers on you!  Goodbye everybody!

sideshowPA:  $33,400
FloridaAdam:  $18,166
Garvin8r:  $11,971
Flerbert419:  $2440
matt2006:  $2373
PriceFanArmadillo:  $456

*The winner of the FPG, for putting Magic Number in the right slot, with the highest confidence points, is pathfinder4119!  Free first four next episode!

*For whatever reason, this was the second longest show I've hosted.  Even discounting the 4-day period the show was down, it still would've was the third longest.  Go figure.

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #160 on: July 22, 2008, 05:47:03 PM »
Love your Avatar reference in there, just saying. :)
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #161 on: July 22, 2008, 06:45:47 PM »
Woo hoo!  Everyone into the Aveo!

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #162 on: July 22, 2008, 11:15:28 PM »
Darn it.  Enjoy the clown car, sidey.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024