Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 07/01/2008  (Read 17514 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 07/01/2008
« on: July 01, 2008, 03:32:41 PM »
A few notes before we get going...
1. Happy Canada Day, eh?
B. (no longer applies)
III. Friday's recap will not be available until Friday evening or Saturday as I will be otherwise occupied on the Fourth. The thread will be started that morinig, however.
Onward...

The Price is Right - July 1, 2008
Production #4402K - Taped June 11, 2008

Drew: stage entrance
First Four lineup: right to left  
Handoff: Stephanie

Models of the Day: Lanisha Cole, Stephanie Schlund and Brandi Sherwood
Wearing: Stop Staring

1    Trip to San Francisco (6n @ Argonaut)(L)
CAMILLE 2500 NORMA SUE 2100 CHRISTOPHER 2600 TAMERA 2601 ($3358)

Tamera from Brea, CA plays MOST EXPENSIVE

Flexsteel Patterson Sofa (B)$2250
Quantum PowerCrunch 1200 Ab Macine (L)1395
Honda CMX250 Rebel Motorcycle (S)PICK3199WIN!

2   (Dell) Laptop Computer (B&S)
+Camille 1250 +Norma Sue *1350 +Christopher 1430 CYNTHIA 1300 ($1403)

Norma Sue plays BONKERS for a Global Gem ES Flatbed Electric Vehicle (L)($7995)

5 7 4 6Time
1.L H H L:23
2.L L H L :18
3.L L H H:15
4.H H L L:11
5.H H L H:05
6.H H L L:00LOSS

3   MCF 18' Pearl Necklace (S-in the Row)
+Camille 1201 ALBERT 2000 +Christopher 1200 Cynthia *1899 ($1950)

Cynthia plays POCKET CHANGE for a Honda Accord LX (Std., AT)(B)

2.156791*(19).10.35
3.–56799X
.507*( 1 ).10.45
4.–56–99*(13).50.95WIN!
5.–56––5*( 9 )

SHOWDOWN #1Spinoff
$9,198Norma Sue85 stay.85
10,202Tamera70 + 20.90.05
23,745Cynthia  5 + 85.90.10Through to Showcase Round

4   5 Berlitz Self-Study Language Courses (S)
+Camille 375 Albert *801 +Christopher 400 KEITH 800 ($869)
STUPID BID

Albert from San Diego, CA plays DANGER PRICE (Target: $1595)

(1) Coby Portable DVD Players$276
(4) Runco 26" LCD HDTV Monitor1595
(2) Ashley Hendler Dining Group1200
(3) Dimplex Devon Electric Fireplace999

5   Stainless Gas Range (B)
+Camille 1602 TERRY *1068 +Christopher 1600 Keith 1601 ($1599)

Terry plays PASS THE BUCK for a Honda Civic LX (Std., 140HP, Cruise)(L)($18,395)

Free Pick(3) 5000
Gold Bond Body Powder$7.20
(Reach Act) Mouthwash4.49$5.49*(5) 3000   BAILOUT
(Birdola Plus) Bird Cake3.294.29*
(Dole) Diced Peaches2.15

HAD SHE TAKEN THE RISK:   (2) LOSE
LEFT ON BOARD:   (1) CAR   (4) LOSE   (6) 1000

So, here we are, down to the last One-Bid and Camille and Christopher are still standing in the Row. They won't be standing there for long, for Mimi is staring them straight in the eye. She's taking one of them back to the "First Four" Breakfast Club with her .But will she get a double? Camille, with the last bid, has the best chance of breaking up the team...

6   Football Equipment (L)
+Camille 1 IRENE 950 +Christopher 1269 Keith *1100 ($1170)

Camille and Christopher head off to the clubhouse while Keith plays PUSHOVER for a Little Guy Four-wide Teardrop Trailer (S)

Setup:2 8 1 5 9 9 5 6 0
Pick:2 8 1[5 9 9 5]
Price:$5995   WIN!

SHOWDOWN #2Spinoff
$869Albert35 + 20.55
7,165Keith35 + 40.75.50
9,599Terri75 stay.75.75Through to Showcase Round

SHOWCASE ROUND
Cynthia has the honor.

SC1-Terri NEW LAWS (L as Officer Cole)
(Motorola) Cellular Phone
Trip to Lech, Austria (via Innsbruck; 6n @ Gotthard)(B)
Sanibel 18' Sailboat (S)
BID$26,248
PRICE33,170
DIFF–6,922
TOTAL$42,769
SC2-Cynthia EVERY ROOM IN THE HOUSE
Corsican Coventry Queen Bed/Strobel Supplepedic 6000
Dale Jr. Pinabll Machine (B)
Howard Miller Seville Floor Clock (S)
Ragtime West Calliope Organ (B&S)
BID$16,000
PRICE25,978
DIFF–9,978

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6 (with 1 Bailout)
Total Winnings: $93,948

THIS IS THE ONLY OFFICIAL GOLDEN-ROAD.net SHOW RECAP.
REPRODUCTION PROHIBITED WITHOUT AUTHOR PERMISSION.

« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 12:41:26 AM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline 2008nowandthen

• 4/10/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 07/01/2008
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 04:01:03 PM »

This show was decent.  The DOB seemed to be in a much happier-nicer mood today.

Most Expensive:  No offense to the nice-happy contestant who played the game but my nephew would have won with that set up today.   And he  is 8 years old.  It was that easy.

Pocket Change:  A textbook playing with another easy setup.  Honda day on The PRice Is Right.

Bonkers:  When will people learn, sandals-flip flops ARENT TPIR material.  If you have to play a game that requires physical movement, then you are probably screwed. As in this playing, if she could have moved a little faster, she probably would have won.

Danger Price:  I didnt feel bad seeing that lost.   The tv, was obviously the danger price.  Its only been on the show all season

Pass The Buck:  I broke my tv remote throwing it at my tv when she made another pick on the board after winning $5,000.  She was sweet , nice contestant, and she got lucky despite making a very risky choice.  This segment seemed "Edited".  Maybe someone who was at the show would know and can share with the group.

Pushover:  My mom "said it" when he came on down and his actions on stage confirmed it.  I wasnt "rooting for Keith here".  What the heck was up with him kissing Drew not once but twice.  :-?
If I were the host, they would have had to stop tape because I would have lost my mind and religion on him.
At ALL of the tapings Ive been too, Rich clearly states during the warm up NOT to kiss him or Drew if you are male contestant.

And before those of you cant understand english start flamming me for my opinion:  My sister is a lesbian, so is my aunt.  And an uncle of mine is gay.  So I have no problem with the gay-lesbian population.  However, a man kissing another man should not be on daytime tv, with young children watching.  Simple as that.

Lots of ties on The Big Wheel today,which seemed to be running loose.

Showcase:  You could see Cynthia's jaw drop when she realized that the 2nd showcase didnt contain a car. :D

Happy Canada Day,

Keith
4-10-08

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 04:15:17 PM »
Where are all the SP games lately? Seriously, going back to Friday this is the 3rd straight aired episode that didn't have a SP game. Granting that Plinko will be played this week, we're gonna at best have 2 shows with a SP game other than Plinko. I had a feeling when Pocket Change showed up we weren't gonna see a SP game today and I knew for sure when Danger Price showed 4th we wouldn't.  The bright spot in all of this is that at least the best quickie the show has was played last today in Pushover.

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2008, 04:25:39 PM »
And before those of you cant understand english start flamming me for my opinion...

Is the hostile attitude really necessary here? People aren't always going to agree with you, and they're free to express their difference of opinion. That does not mean they are attacking you personally. However, when you have a comment directed to "those of you who can't understand English," then you should probably expect people to get a bit upset.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 04:28:10 PM by temptation1979ga »

Offline 2008nowandthen

• 4/10/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2008, 04:30:39 PM »
I didnt mean to be hostile with that statement,  and as such, Im saying Im sorry and you please edit that sentence out.  I said it that way because like yesterday, I had to explain why I felt the Dice Game set up was harder than normal...over and over again/

Its my fault for comming off as hostile, but do know it wasnt intentional.  As you can see from my appearance on the show, Im like a "Teddy bear" in real life.  I teach kindergartion, so how mean can I be. :lol:

Keith
4-10-08
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 04:39:21 PM by 2008nowandthen »

Offline Ton80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 04:45:50 PM »
Quote from: 2008nowandthen
When will people learn, sandals-flip flops ARENT TPIR material.  If you have to play a game that requires physical movement, then you are probably screwed. As in this playing, if she could have moved a little faster, she probably would have won.

Norma Sue got 6 guesses in, she never looked to "them", and  was very methodical in her game play.  Personally, I thought she played very well, and just had bad luck.  To be honest, the setup wasn't the friendliest we've seen. 

I broke my tv remote throwing it at my tv when she made another pick on the board after winning $5,000.
Why?  Obviously, Terry wanted to win the car, and $5,000 wasn't enough for her to quit.  There was a 3/5 chance of improving per position - including the possibility of winning the car.  And she had 2 more picks to play with.  Even if she hit one of the "Lose" cards, she still had one more pick and a 3/4 chance of leaving with something.

And before those of you cant understand english start flamming me for my opinion:
...a man kissing another man should not be on daytime tv, with young children watching.
I missed this second half of the show.  Did they make out or something??  What did he do?  Give Drew a peck on the cheek?  Both cheeks?  The lips?  Or was it just a very excited contestant?  I mean, really - Keith isn't the first male contestant to kiss the host.  Maybe he was European.  Maybe he came from a very close family.  Believe it or not, two guys can kiss (ask any Italian), and it doesn't make them gay.  Your reaction really seems a bit overboard and a tad hostile, in my opinion.  I'm quite certain that the segment would have never aired had anything inappropriate really happened.  And I can assure you - I understand English very well .  Let me be clear.  I'm not flaming you for your opinion.  I'm simply responding to the way in which you made your point.  You could have easily made the same opinion very clearly without all the extra baggage.
Quote from: PriceFanArmadillo
Ton80 is also a three-time Sarcasm Cup champion.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 04:46:21 PM »
Fairly decent show today. Quite a bit of winning (including a great playing of Pocket Change), although I would have walked with just the $5000 on Pass the Buck; and an appearance of the Every Room in the House showcase.  Also, it's not every day where someone wins the SCSD with just a dime!  :-D Drew was a little off today, but not too bad.

OVERALL: 3.5/5.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 04:53:41 PM »
Half the games today came close to forced win territory.  Is the show underbudget?

Guess Drew really does want to pass the buck himself.  Terri was about to pass the buck herself for the first pair of items, but then Drew hurried and passed it for her before she could.  I really don't get why Drew would want to make Pass the Buck, a fairly uninteresting game, less interesting like that.

On another note, considering Terri was trying to pass the buck for the first pair of items herself, I fully believe her when she said she watched the show every day :).  I'd bet, for the most part, only a loyal friend and true would have tried to pass the buck herself.

Can't fault Norma Sue for looking into the audience during Bonkers, at least.  Can certainly fault her for wasting three guesses putting the Gem car at lower than $5000, though.

Someone would have had to have been really, really unlucky, or really, really something else to somehow lose Pocket Change today.  That was about as mindlessly simple as the game's ever been.

If I were the host, they would have had to stop tape because I would have lost my mind and religion on him.

That's a big part of why you wouldn't be the host.  The host shouldn't react to something the way he might otherwise like to.

And I completely agree with Ton's second and third points.

Offline Jnelson09

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 05:19:52 PM »
And before those of you cant understand English start flaming me for my opinion:  My sister is a lesbian, so is my aunt.  And an uncle of mine is gay.  So I have no problem with the gay-lesbian population.  However, a man kissing another man should not be on daytime tv, with young children watching.  Simple as that.

:?

Why not? Quite frankly, I'd see it as kinda funny, and think the guy was just overexcited. You see it all the time in shows intended for kids anyway.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 05:21:38 PM by Jnelson09 »
In loving memory of:
Penny Ante, 1979-2002
Buy or Sell, 1992-2008
Barker's Bargain Bar, 1980-2008

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 05:44:52 PM »
I wonder why a variant of the 1994 Car Slide was used for the GEM car today.  Heck, I wonder if that variant has ever been used since TnPIR '94 got axed.

Drew explained the rules for Bonkers very well today, and I liked how he had fun hitting the button to signify what sounds determine a win or loss.

Also, it's good that they fixed whatever was wrong with Bonkers on its last playing for today, just so things don't go awry again.

I give Norma Sue points for never looking at the audience when she was playing Bonkers, but I think she could have moved a lot faster and could have gotten in a few more guesses.  Heck, she may have even won the game with one of them.

Cynthia played Pocket ¢hange really well.  She made only one mistake in guessing the price and she was fortunate enough to pick that 50 cent envelope to put her over the top.  It would have been such a heartbreaker if the last two envelopes were the only ones one the board that had nothing in them.

I laughed at how Drew ran around the carpet before the spinoff in the first Showcase Showdown.

Yay, Danger Price w/Big Banana Remix!

I don't know about everyone else, but it seems like a while since we saw a close-up of the frequency chart in Pass the Buck.  It was also nice to see a close-up of the Pocket ¢hange frequency board once again this season as well.

Terri looked like she was going to step in and pass the buck herself, but Drew did it anyway.  I wonder if that's just habit or something whenever he's doing that game, but I would like to see him allow contestants to pass the buck themselves again.  I think Drew should say "go ahead" and encourage contestants to pass it themselves.

I do not blame Terri at all for bailing out, $8000 is nothing to be ashamed of.  I liked how Drew played Devil's Advocate and asked what number Terri would have picked had she gone on.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline jmangin

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 06:08:18 PM »
And before those of you cant understand english start flamming me for my opinion:  My sister is a lesbian, so is my aunt.  And an uncle of mine is gay.  So I have no problem with the gay-lesbian population.  However, a man kissing another man should not be on daytime tv, with young children watching.  Simple as that.
So, in other words, you don't have a problem with it as long as you're not subjected to seeing it.  Using the rationale "when children are watching" is a thinly-veiled way for you to be ok with yourself for feeling offended.

I don't particularly care to see a straight couple mackin' on each other after one of 'em wins a car or a trip to Schenectady, but that's life.  Two people are excited about winning something and that's all it was. 

Offline pinball777

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 06:11:39 PM »
Thanks to an emergency alert test, I missed most of the first showcase showdown. I hate when they do that. Otherwise, it was an ok show.

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 06:13:17 PM »
Pushover:  My mom "said it" when he came on down and his actions on stage confirmed it.  I wasnt "rooting for Keith here".  What the heck was up with him kissing Drew not once but twice.  ...
You know - I was going to say nothing about this, but I've now watched the segment in question, I've read this several times, and I have to comment.

1) Over the years, probably once every season or two a guy kissed Bob too - so it's not like what Keith did today was unprecedented.
2) Had I just read this, without having seen the show, I would have expected far more out of Keith than what he actually did (which was a quick peck on the cheek). 
3) Going into your second rant, your statement is something like: "I have no problems with gay folks, because I have some in my family, but nobody should actually see it on TV."  Have you seen daytime TV?  Have you see what they do on soap operas?  Is it any better/worse explaining to a young child what a straight couple is doing on "pick your daytime television show" versus a small peck on the cheek that Keith gave Drew?

I have seen *far* more irritating contestants than Keith - in fact, Keith, to me, seemed like a very nice guy.  He didn't show off, he wasn't acting outrageous, he was just friendly.  I'd take 6 Keith's per day over some of the other contestants we've been treated too...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 07:12:28 PM by Joe_Capitano »

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 06:20:50 PM »
Most Expensive: Oh, you can just TELL that the motorcycle was the most expensive. That sofa can and could be a tricky one, but not this time.

Bonkers: Well, despite the loss, I enjoyed it, especially when Norma Sue never looked back.

Pocket ¢hange: This was one of those times where you would hope the contestant wins the car with enough change. Those two dimes had me worried for a moment.

Danger Price: Anytime when I am not watching the screen (to go to the fridge) and I hear the Big Banana Remix, I would always wish we could play Poker Game. Since that's gone, all I can think about now is Danger Price.

Pass the Buck: If I would've taken the risk: (1) CAR

One Bid 6: Sometimes the Banishees should thank the Peanut Gallery for giving them bids that would take them to the House, such as Camille today.

Push Over: My choices of 9560, 9956, and 8159 would've been a loss for me.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2008, 07:35:44 PM »
I had to rewatch the Pushover segment again because after Drew flipped the price down, I started to fast forward, cuz I knew the commercials were coming.

To be honest, I don't think Keith kissed Drew, at least after he won. Keith's face wasn't visible, so it is hard to tell. Drew didn't laugh it off, like I think he would have had if Keith did. Bob's been kissed a few times by guys on the cheek and he always laughed it off. It's no big deal. In answer to Ton80's question, Keith did not look European, he looked like any contestant excited and thrilled that he actually got on stage and won a pricing game.

I was glancing through TVGuide the other day and one of the soap operas, I think it's As The World Turns, has a gay couple on and it's daytime. I'm pretty positive that the 2 guys have kissed at some point on that show. So having gay people on daytime is no big deal (actors or not). Everyone's heard of Ellen and Rosie right? Besides it would be discrimination if the producers asked contestants in line if they were gay, just so they wouldn't risk them kissing Drew or even Bob on stage. If Keith had frenched Drew I might be able to see why people might get a little up in arms. Kissing or "not kissing" Drew the way Keith did, or didn't for that matter, is not something to freak out about.

Sorry about the tirade, but I don't think the whole issue regarding Keith should have been brought up in the first place. He seemed really happy to be on the show and win and that's that. I just wanted to voice my opinion on what's already been said.

The rest of the show wasn't bad. Although I must admit I do get a little tired not seeing SP games. Like someone said earlier, no doubt Plinko! will pop up this week, which leaves only 2 other possible SP game to be played this week, if they do at all. I just wish once in a while, a GP game would not be played but a SP game would.

Steve should know this: How many times has Danger Price been played this season, compared to last season? It seems that it's received an increase in play the last couple of weeks, which is perfectly alright with me.